Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   spice up sugar free jello (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131042)

strokerace Sat, Aug-16-03 19:45

spice up sugar free jello

This is real good.

1 lg package no sugar jello
6 or 8 oz cream cheese

Follow jello directions, after you mix the jello and hot water add the cream cheese and cold water then beat with a hand beater ( mixer) till smooth and chill yumm. Add some whip cream. It is thicker and more filling and really good.

Good luck all and God Bless
Tina

sunspine17 Sat, Aug-16-03 21:23

Oh! This sounds REALLY good! Since I was a kid I've had friend who makes little cream cheese balls and puts them into the jello (just like how you would put little pieces of fruit). The taste of the cream cheese is GREAT with the jello. Now that I'm LCing I do this and it's wonderful (everyone thinks it's gross until they try it!) I never would have thought to completely mix the cream cheese into the jello. I WILL try this one. Thanks for the tip!

strokerace Sat, Aug-16-03 21:49

It is great. Kinda like a fruit cheese cake i guess. I seen a cheese cake recipe on here with jello, cream cheese and cottage cheese. There may have been other things in it too.
Cream cheese and scramble eggs are awesome too. I love cream cheese. So glad I did not have to give it up. Just to bad I had to give up the bagles. Oh well
Good luck to ya.
Take care
Tina

DenitaLC Sat, Aug-16-03 23:45

Tina, this sounds great! Guess we must have both been playing around with the jello recently. See my post on adding heavy cream as part of the cold water. It's really good too!

Smiles,
Dee

milmary Wed, Aug-27-03 19:57

S/F Jello Blocks-Knox Blocks

Jello Knox blocks is what I have been eating for the sweet thing on this LC plan.
Here is how I make them:

3 small boxes S/F Jello
1 box Knox Gelatin-4 env. in box-use all

Boil 4 cups of water-mix into the jello-mix well.
Mix the Knox Gelatin with 1 cup of cold water.(sprinkle over cold water and let it absorb)

Pour boiling water/jello mixture into the gelatin/cold water mixture.
Mix well.

Pour into 9" square pan or oblong pan and let set up in the refrigerator.
Cut into squares and store in covered container in refrigerator.

I make 2 batches a week of different flavors. They are delicious.
You can whip up some heavy cream and whipped topping with them too.

sunspine17 Wed, Aug-27-03 20:18

I tried the cream cheese in the jell-o! Man, was that good! So much tastier than the regular stuff and much more filling too. Thanks for the idea. I'll NEVER have jell-o any other way again!

strokerace Thu, Aug-28-03 07:47

I am glad ya like it. My friends thought I was nutts lol. I have also added diet lemon lime soda instead of the cold water or even club soda. I don't do that offten but it sure is good too.

sunspine17 Thu, Aug-28-03 08:06

That's funny! I added Diet Hanson's Strawberry Kiwi (with cherry jello and the cream cheese). It tasted like a creamy Jolly Rancher! Really good!

DenitaLC Thu, Aug-28-03 08:14

Ooooohhhh, that sounds good. I love the Diet Hansen's and will have to try that variation.

strokerace Thu, Aug-28-03 08:34

Too funny. There are so many things to do with jello. That does sound good. I used diet 7 up with cherry it was good.

BlitzedAng Mon, Dec-08-03 18:52

I tried this and the kids and I loved it. Was a nice change :)