Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   357 days (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90632)

Mindbreeze Wed, Mar-05-03 13:11

357 days

I began lowcarbing, 357 days ago. 1 week till my 1 year anniversary. I think my wife is planning some little suprise she won't tell me about. Women! :-)

At any rate, over the past 357 days, I am happy to report that I have reached my goal, I have not cheated one time (Not for Thanksgiving, Birthday, Christmas, etc), and I am embarking on a stringent workout routine to complete my transformation, and tighten up that loose skin. When I began this journey, I kept telling myself "This time it's personal" I was sick or the way I looked, felt, and lived my life. I have not posted a bunch on the forum, but believe me when I say I have used it often for information and inspiration. This summer I look forward to going to the beach and actually taking my shirt off, and not being embarrased. I look forward to doing a lot of things, that have previously been difficult for me to perform. Most importantly I look forward to being a good example for my kids, as someone they can be proud of, and not embarrased to introduce to their friends as they get older.

My hope in writing this, is that my testimony in this WOL will provide even a small inspiration to others who are dragging threw a stall, depressing day, or other tempting period. Believe me, it will pass, it will pass, it will pass. Make it personal, hold true to yourself, and do it for you. I know it's possible.

With much gratitude,

Chris

cartmanis Wed, Mar-05-03 14:28

Wow Chris, very similar situation/goals. What a great inspiration to me, since you have done exactly what I want to do, right down to not being a good image/father to my kids.

Way to go!!!!

Mindbreeze Wed, Mar-05-03 14:45

Thanks Cartmanis,

If it is of any benefit, I lost about 75% of my goal weight in the first 6 months or so. The last 25% took a little longer, but I never really exercised during that time. I finally took up a pretty tough program and the lbs are actually comming off still. Guess I need to drop more then I thought :) Anyway keep up the good work, set mini goals, see yourself in 6 months!

-Chris

ladyvlts Fri, Mar-07-03 06:53

Thanks for the post. My husband and I just finished week 2. I lost 7 lbs and he has lost 9lbs. It is amazing to me that our cravings are gone. I have a much larger amount to lose than him. But I so appreciate the success stories. You have inspired me! Congrat's! :roll:

Paleoanth Fri, Mar-07-03 07:33

What a wonderful post! Congrats to you for obtaining your goal and for being so dedicated.

I hope the wifey has a wonderful LC surprise for you!

Paleoanth

shannonlea Fri, Mar-07-03 11:24

WOW

I tell ya stories like these are what makes this journey so worth while. Here I sit with only about 20lbs to go and I get so discouraged sometimes over the scales.. And seeing such inspirational people such as yourself really makes me SLAP myself silly for getting so irritated with my own results! Thank you so very much I needed some inspiration and you have given me that. Congratulations to you !!!

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-07-03 11:26

Great and thanks for sharing!

There are so many great people here that I haven't even gotten to know...

chemlady Sat, Mar-08-03 11:01

I am so happy for you chris. You are an inspiration. You da man.
You must be very disciplined and content with yourself as you should be..Thanks for sharing and im sure your wife has something very special planned for you.
Laurie

farmgirl Sat, Mar-08-03 11:08

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to you on your extraordinary success! Like you, I haven't posted a lot, but I have come to this board every day for inspiration and encouragement. Only yesterday, I was hoping to see some postings from low-carb veterans, who could tell me what the journey has been like after six months, one year and even longer! I am so happy for you and I wish you the best in the months and years ahead. THank you for making my day!

TraceyLynn Mon, Mar-17-03 16:01

You are awesome!!!

Kristine Sat, Mar-22-03 16:51

:tears: *sniff* What a great post, Chris! Congratulations on your success - many more happy, healthy days to you! :thup: :thup:

ralphp Thu, Mar-27-03 15:26

nice chris

man i'm about 6'1 and 245 pounds i intend to lose about 40 pounds for health reasons.
i would like to know what kind of exercise u recommend??

ralphp Thu, Mar-27-03 15:39

Re: nice chris

Quote:
Originally posted by ralphp
man i'm about 6'1 and 245 pounds i intend to lose about 40 pounds for health reasons.
i would like to know what kind of exercise u recommend??

note to self..watching Matlock and law and order does not make u a detective!....leanred that the hard way!!!

Miss Melis Thu, Apr-03-03 13:50

Breeze-

Hooorrayyyy for you! ;)

Thank you for sharing your story.....

take care, :wave:

M-

thebigm56 Wed, May-07-03 14:18

way to go

Chris,

Great job dude. Like alot of others, I have just recently started, and have not posted many times, but when I see sometihg gret like this I just hve to say congrats.........

mark