Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Ideas for breakfast (Other than eggs!) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=69319)

Dazy Tue, Nov-05-02 12:37

Ideas for breakfast (Other than eggs!)

I like eggs, but have to say, they are getting a bit boring in the morning. Anything else I could try?
Thank you so much!
-Dazy

Lisa N Tue, Nov-05-02 12:51

Hi Dazy!

When it comes to breakfast, think "outside the box". I love eggs too, but not every single day! Sometimes I have leftover meat from the night before or I make some hot cereal from ground flax seeds and wheat bran, sometimes all I want is a couple of slices of cheese. Roast beef, ham or turkey spread with cream cheese and rolled up is quick and easy too.
Have a look through the recipes forum; there's lots of recipes there to pick from!

desertfox Wed, Nov-06-02 17:28

Ideas for Breakfast

Hi Dazy! I'm new since Monday. I have chickens on my ranch, with wonderful farm fresh eggs, and I, too, would like some
new ideas for breakfast, especially for eggs. Cheese omelet, crustless quiche, mushroom omelet are always good.

Looking forward to success with all of you!!!

SthrnTami Wed, Nov-06-02 17:34

Mock Danish for Breakfast

Thank you to whoever posted this on another forum, and please forgive me for not crediting you! (Jump right in here, and take credit, though! It's a winner--for breakfast or dessert.)

Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
1 egg
1 T. Splenda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Pat of butter
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix softened cream cheese and egg, leaving little pockets of cream cheese. Add Splenda and vanilla, stir. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Top with a little bit of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon (or add a tsp. of Fifty-50 jam before microwaving).

damaraq Wed, Nov-06-02 22:24

Hi Dazy,

Well I am about ready to break the rule. I know you said other than eggs but have you tried adding salsa and cheese to your scrambled eggs? I was getting burnt out on them for a while too, as were my children, until I zipped it up with some salsa and cheese. If you like add a dolop of sour cream to the top. Just be sure to add up the carbs and watch the labels on the salsa :)

RCFletcher Thu, Nov-07-02 05:31

Hi Dazy!

Well, I just had breakfast and it was home made cabbage soup, followed by home made burgers made of ground beef, onions mushrooms all held together with egg (sorry about the egg but it needs to be held somehow!)

Regards,

Robert

P.S. Soup for breakfast is part of Belarusian cuisine! :daze:

Girl-Geek Thu, Nov-07-02 08:35

I make meal replacement bars

Hi there,

I've just started on this WOL this week. First thing I did was look at breakfast choices. I get up at 4:30am for work as I start at 6am and have to commute. there is no way in he-- I can eat eggs, meat, cheese, or anything else like that this early in the morning. So, I made two different meal-replacement bars, one is like a chocolate nutty fudge, with the consistency of a 'Power Bar', and the other is a Lemon-cranberry cake. Both have about 20 grms of protein, and 3 or 4 grams of carbs. As well, I made some flax-meal muffins with cranberries, about 2 carbs each. All of these things have no flour, they are made with flax and protein powder. And they taste really good!! ( I am a vERY picky eater!)

I am a newbie and not sure, but is it ok for me to post the recipes here?

Jaden313 Thu, Nov-07-02 08:45

Breakfast

I have a roasted chicken breast for breakfast everyday. Lacking in variety, but it keeps me satisfied & really boosts my energy. I buy them pre-cooked & load them down with lemon pepper. They're so good. (Tyson makes really good & convenient roasted chicken BTWY)

Cinderella Thu, Nov-07-02 08:49

At this moment I am sitting at my computer having a lowcarb tortella wrap with tons of roastbeef/mayo/mustard and nu-salt for my breakfast. :D

cin

penelope Thu, Nov-07-02 14:37

Look in the recipe section on top of your screen .
How about Karen's flax meal muffins?

kiwi2 Mon, Nov-11-02 10:31

Its too expensive for me to do every day, but about once a week I treat myself to smoked salmon w/ dilled mayo.

I get really sick of eggs too, but I have to agree with the poster who said that adding salsa and cheese makes a big difference. also making a crustless quiche makes the eggs taste a lot more special and its easy as can be to heat up a leftover slice each morning in the 'wave.

I eat turkey burgers for breakfast an awful lot of the time.

good luck!
kiwi

sam59 Thu, Nov-14-02 14:40

Breakfast boredom

I agree....breakfast is the hardest thing. It was my downfall meal when I first started losing weight because most traditional "breakfast food" are high carb. Muffins, bagels, toast, cereal !!!

I read in this thread a few suggestions that made me feel like I wasn't crazy...lol. One of my favorite brekkies now is what I call turkey rollups. I take three slices of smoked turkey, mix 2 tbsp. of cream cheese up with 5 diced black olives and split it between the three turkey slices...spread it and rollem. Easy to take to work and delicious!!!

I also do the turkey/chicken pattie thing. I put in a little green onion and sesame oil.

As a standby I cook extra chicken breasts on the weekend for weekday breakfast, or a chunk of meatloaf.

Once you get rid of that traditional "breakfast food" midset, you will find things you enjoy.