Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Candida Yeast & IBS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   How can I get rid of my yeast infections for good??!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92009)

valure Wed, Mar-12-03 16:30

How can I get rid of my yeast infections for good??!!

I'm totally new to this forum and the fact that Candida can affect people in many different ways.
My problem is that I have been experiencing recurring yeast infections for nearly a decade. And if it's not that it's Bacterial Vaginosis which I've been told is caused by the same thing as a yeast infection. I will admit that I eat alot of fruit and probably too many sweets. Could anyone direct me to some links about this diet I've heard about that can help rid my system of unnecessary yeast? My goal is to have an entire year without any vaginal infections! :)

tmo Wed, Mar-12-03 19:29

I don't have any good links that I can post here, but just one thought... are you on birth control pills? It's possible that your birth control pills may be the culprit if you are taking the BCP with rather high progesterone to estrogen ratio (with progesterone being high). There are BCP's that have relatively more estrogen than progesterone.

If not, your diet must be ridden with sugar or/and moldy foods. I'm sure someone can point you to a good link.

tmo

Zuleikaa Wed, Mar-12-03 19:35

Valure
Just a suggestion that worked for my sister who had recurring yeast infections like every 3 months for over ten years. Six garlic pills a day divided into three doses and cotton underwear. Oh, and no douching.

kjturner Thu, Mar-13-03 03:56

...and as you said it...cut out the sweets/starches!!

jessea Thu, Mar-13-03 18:58

Recurring yeast infections could be a symptom of many things, including diabetes. Have you seen a doctor for this?

It could also be possible that you have candida. You would need to get this under control. You would have to follow a candida diet. There is a sticky on the top of this forum, that contains alot of links. I would start there.

-Denise

valure Fri, Mar-14-03 19:25

Thanks for all the advice everybody.
I was recently on the birth control pill but have since quit to see if it could be the source of my problems.

I'll give the garlic pills a try and also the candida diet (I still can't find the sticky at the top of the forum :confused: )

As a start I've cut out all sweets from my diet but I don't think I can eliminate fruit, or is it necessary?

thanks

cheater Thu, Mar-27-03 11:53

candida suggestions

Hi,

I just started to have these wonderful recurring yeast infections over the past 2 yrs. Here is what I have learned. Eat a low carb diet (maybe 30-60) a day. Excersize regularly to help balance hormones. If you are not eating yeast causing foods and you excersize, your bocy will not have a chance to create this nasty infetion.

I suffered with the infections too but since I have low carbed on two seperate occasions, now and a yeat ago, within a week my infections dissapear.

Also, you may be allergic to something you are eating. I would suggest having your allergies tested by a physician. Or search google for allergy testing. There are some sites that show how to test you food indeferences by yourself using your heart rate as a moniter.

kjturner Sat, Apr-05-03 16:03

---VIGILIANCE!

Roll up the sleeves; Gird your loins--"Just DO it!" :thup:

I'm proof it can be beaten, but it'll take a while. Patience...