Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Our Beloved Karen on CBC Radio (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28959)

Karen Thu, Jan-03-02 17:47

Karen on CBC Radio

For anyone in BC's Lower Mainland and Islands, I'll be on Don Genova's Food for thought, Tuesday morning.

Guess what the interview is on? Low Carb! I mentioned URL for the forum, but I don't know what will be edited out.

So if you have a chance, Tuesday morning at 8:20 a.m. on CBC Radio in Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, 690 on the AM dial in most locations.

Karen

tamarian Thu, Jan-03-02 18:23

Great news, Karen! :thup:

Hopfully someone will bump up this thread Monday night for a reminder. :)

Wa'il

Karen Thu, Jan-03-02 20:01

Well, that could be you or me! ;)

Karen

doreen T Thu, Jan-03-02 20:10

Or me ;)

Listen to it live from your own computer anywhere in the world, if you have Real Player installed.

Go to CBC Vancouver .. Near the top, in the left-hand column, you'll see where you can click on Radio One 690 Live.

So that's 8:20 a.m. Pacific Time ... you'll have to figure out your time zone, since the broadcast is live.

(Eastern Time would be 11:20 a.m.)

Doreen

doreen T Thu, Jan-03-02 20:29

Guess I should include ... if you're interested, you can download Real Player for free from Real.com ... (look for the links to the FREE player). You do have to give a valid email address, but that's all. The instructions for setting up and using the player are sent to you in a "welcome" email, so if you give a phony one, well, yer on yer own.

Doreen

Marlaine Thu, Jan-03-02 23:21

I just put you in my day book!

I'm looking forward to hearing it. Thanks for the heads up!

Marlaine

Karen Fri, Jan-04-02 01:23

OMG! It better be good!

I think an elf has been by and changed the subject line slightly? ;)

Karen

IslandGirl Fri, Jan-04-02 01:43

1 or 2 elves have been by, I'd say...

... and thanks, Doreen! I spent a good 15 minutes navigating the main CBC looking for a live feed to pass to all and sundry around the WORLD that might want to hear our Karen ... and do you think I could FIND any local programming? NAH! ... and me an experienced technogeek. Sheesh.

... it's going to be a busy day internet connection ... :p

doreen T Fri, Jan-04-02 07:47

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
I think an elf has been by and changed the subject line slightly? ;)
I've been outed!! :o

Yes, it's true ... in my spare time, I become very short and run around in little pointy-toed shoes with bells on 'em.

Marlaine Fri, Jan-04-02 09:52

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
Yes, it's true ... in my spare time, I become very short and run around in little pointy-toed shoes with bells on 'em.

And even as an elf......still has sparkly eyes and a great smile!
Them shoes are toooooooo much!!

M

Karen Fri, Jan-04-02 10:48

Did those shoes come from Holt Renfrew! They're fabulous! :D

Karen

doreen T Fri, Jan-04-02 10:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Did those shoes come from Holt Renfrew! They're fabulous! :D

Karen
No .... Zellers ... buy one pair, get a second pair of equal or lesser value for half-price. Plus Club-Z points ;)

Do

Karen Mon, Jan-07-02 23:42

Just bumping this post as a reminder for tomorrow morning!

Karen

tamarian Tue, Jan-08-02 12:06

So, did you guys catch it?

I cought it a few minutes late, they where at the point of mentioning Atkins
and PP books with comments from 2 dietian ladies promoting a "balanced" diet of grapefruit and stuff :)

Wa'il

Glenda Tue, Jan-08-02 13:02

Yes, I heard it. Was hoping they would be talking to Karen more. I'm sure they must have edited a lot out, so they felt they had BALANCED view of things!!!! I think they said something about not knowing long term about low carb. I guess all they have to do is talk to those, like Karen, who have been long term low carb, to get more details.
I was alittle disappointed in the whole thing, but I guess they have to give everyone's opinion.
We each do our own thing, and us low-carbers know what is good for us, and will continue to do it.
Thanks Karen.

Glenda