Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Atkins Dieters' Advantage... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142396)

dolphinblu Sat, Oct-11-03 22:04

Atkins Dieters' Advantage...

Hello! :)

I went out and bought the Atkins Dietary Supplement called "Dieters' Advantage". Has anyone else used this? If so, did you notice it was a big help? Does it make you lose faster? Give you more energy?
I haven't started them yet... I plan to tomorrow when I start my 2nd week of induction.

Thanks,

Lori H Sat, Oct-11-03 23:21

I have used the Dieter's Atvantage and the Accel and I can't tell any difference. I didn't lose any more with them than I did without but you might be different. Good luck!

hcomeau Mon, Oct-13-03 05:34

I use Dieter's Advantage and it gives me more energy.

I have tried Accel pills too, but they made me jittery because they have caffeine in them. I didn't realize that Accel is only for stages 2, 3, and 4 on Atkins. Not Induction! The box didn't say this so I was a little disappointed about that! I am very caffeine sensitive and especially since I don't consume it at all with the Atkins lifestyle. There are a lot of comments on this forum about Atkins supplements. Do a search to get different feedback.

I think a lot of people see no difference and think that the Atkins company is just trying to market these products to us for no apparent reason. When I first started I bought the Atkins 14 day starter kit with everything in it.

Now, I take GNC Women's multi vitamin with no iron a 45 day supply is around $35. This is much cheaper then Atkins multi vitamin and GNC told me that their brand digests better than Atkins brand? The only Atkins brand supplements I take are the Essential Oils and Dieter's Advantage and I buy them at Walmart.(pretty cheap)

potatofree Mon, Oct-13-03 10:14

I used the 14-day starter pack, and was kind of disappointed, but as with anything else, YMMV. Let us know if it works for you.

letsgo Mon, Oct-13-03 12:27

I take it as well. I like how it's a mixture of L-Carnitine and more B vitamins. Yes, they are a little pricey and I could do the same thing by going to GNC and buying the components. But I'm also kinda lazy. I like having it premade for me:)

sophotia Mon, Oct-20-03 06:29

I like it....whenever I get that blah feeling and when I feel I have no energy I pop two of the Dieters Advantage and feel great. I'm about to try the Accel and hcomeau I just check my unopened box and it does say that it shouldnt be used during induction right on the back of the box in diagram showing what phases it should be used in.

GabrielleG Wed, Oct-20-04 21:24

Hi all, I did a search on this product because I ran across this and the accel at big lots I remembered seeing it for over 10 bucks in my grocery store so I was surprised to see it for four bucks at big lots. Guess I should have picked some up huh?