Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Need Ideas For Birthday (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136268)

Plagiomom Wed, Sep-10-03 08:55

Need Ideas For Birthday

Hello All, :)

Saturday is my husband's Birthday. Typically in my family the way we celebrate Birthdays is by all getting together having dinner...and of course we have Birthday cake for dessert.

My DH and I are both LC'ing and I'm trying to figure out a substitute for the cake. I was thinking that I would get a small cake, just for the kids and for the family members not LC'ing....but I'll be honest, I think that will be WAY too much temptation for me because I look foward to cake a few times a year. :nono: It's really my only weakness, because I can turn my head to anything else and it doesn't bother me (I still sometimes cook potatos, pasta, or rice, for my kids and it doesn't affect me in the least)

I was thinking of maybe cheating for the one day -- but I'm proud that I have gone this far without any deviations, and I don't want to blow that....at least I don't right now while there's not cake in front of me! :rolleyes:

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could make (since I won't be able to order from the bakery :lol: ) in subsitutaion for a Birthday cake that won't be too appauling to those not LC'ing?

Thanks for any advice, or input!

~Jaya

crysania Wed, Sep-10-03 09:59

there are some good recipes of in the desert area... I would go cheesecake but that is cause I love the stuff :P

Crysania

DWRolfe Wed, Sep-10-03 10:08

I love the LC Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, but be careful. For me, a little of this and a little of that can lead to problems. It's not a treat if it's bad for you.

Good luck!

Donald

Plagiomom Wed, Sep-10-03 10:55

Thank you so much! I think cheesecake is a wonderful idea! I looked over the Chocolate Indulgance Cheesecake recipe and I totally can make that! (I'm cooking/baking challenged, so I can't make things that are complicated. :lol: )

I'm pretty certain I'll be okay with cheesecake.....it's just bakery made cakes that's a big weakness for me - but it's only something I get a few times a year, so as long as it's not right in front of me, I shouldn't miss it too much. :)

Thanks again!

~Jaya

Wenzday Wed, Sep-10-03 12:55

yes..make them all eat the LC cheesecake! :)

I honestly dont know for sure if I could go with a white cake/white frosting in front of me w/o eating some.

Mossling Wed, Sep-10-03 20:41

Cheesecake--any flavor. That's my vote. Jude

Plagiomom Thu, Sep-11-03 04:36

I talked to my hubby last night and cheesecake it will be. :) Now I just have to buy a new spring pan because mine is all mangled. :lol:

Thanks again everyone! Hopefully it will come out good! :)

~Jaya