Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Having No Weight Loss Lately, I Was About To Give Up (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109338)

GramnGramp Thu, May-29-03 14:47

Having No Weight Loss Lately, I Was About To Give Up

Then, last night while getting ready for a shower I looked at myself in the full length mirror. I just looked smaller somehow.
All over. (Still not a pretty sight :( )LOL

Can someone explain to me how a person can "shrink" and not show any loss on the scale? It is a mystery to me :confused:

Maybe it was imagination, but it gave me motivation to keep on lcing. I have not been able to wear a smaller size yet, so it is
perplexing to me.

p.s. I made some coconut macaroons today. 1.3 carbs each and they are yummy. Just ate one and satisfied my sweet tooth. I stay away from bars and such only because they don't taste good to me.
Have A Great Day :wave:

RickinTN Thu, May-29-03 14:55

I'm not LCing yet. But, I will be soon. But, based on info from the past, that could mean that some of your muscles may be building back up due to the protein. I can't remember where I saw it. And, I know it was on the forums somewhere. But, when you put a pound of muscle and a pound of fat side by side, the muscle looks a lit smaller.

GramnGramp Thu, May-29-03 15:02

I hope that's it Rick. That does make sense to me.

This WOE sure has done wonders for my nails. That must be the protein too.

Thanks, and good luck in your future lc journey.
This is a great place for support and advice.

RickinTN Thu, May-29-03 15:15

I don't know if you took measurements before you started or not. If not, do it now and then measure again after a week or two

kari5 Thu, May-29-03 16:12

Another reason I think is that when you lose fat your fat cells shrink. So what was ever in them is still floating around in your body. I think that is why people whoosh. All of a sudden the fluid (or whatever is in them) decides to come out. But you were gradually losing inches because of the fat cells shrinking.

lscha Thu, May-29-03 16:42

Measuring is good. Everyone should do it. But I found that I was losing inches in places I wasn't measuring. That chubby place between your shoulder blades in your back, those puffy mounds you place your hands on when you put your hands on your hips, the tops of your shoulders, your forearms, ring fingers, feet. It took me a while to realize this. Before the tape measure told me, my sister-in-law didn't recognize me right away in a crowd that she knew I was in. She said I didn't look the same... ;) oh, it works.....

BrewWa Thu, May-29-03 17:11

I found that my progress in inches lost is more consistant than pounds lost. I measure my chest, belly, waist, arm, and thigh every other week. So far 32" lost.

Cheers!

BrewWa

lscha Thu, May-29-03 17:13

check this out
Let me know if this clears things up for you.

red1cutie Thu, May-29-03 17:51

Thanks Isha! Great article!

Peace
red

manucpa Thu, May-29-03 18:01

Weight even comes off your feet..I always thought I had skinny feet,,,but I need to wear socks in my Birkenstocks now !

bjweeks Thu, May-29-03 18:06

GramnGramp, Where can I find the recipe for the Coconut Macaroons. Sounds really good. Thanks

GramnGramp Thu, May-29-03 22:28

bjweeks, I tried to put a link to the macaroon recipe here, but it didn't work. Go to the low-carb recipes forum. Click on Sweet Treats. Then type in coconut macaroons on the search.
The recipe I used was posted by ckx4. (I only used 1 cup unsweet coconut and softened it with water as she suggested)
They are really good.

Ischa, thank you for the link. Good explanation.

I appreciate all the replies. :)

Debi Warne Fri, May-30-03 10:35

http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachme...=&postid=308537

this picture shows the size of 5# of muscle vs 5# of fat