Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What would be the #1 thing you would like to see happen for LC'ers? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137861)

Dstar96920 Wed, Sep-17-03 21:49

What would be the #1 thing you would like to see happen for LC'ers?

Ok, I have two:
1. A LOW CARB cooking show!!!!! I love Food Network, and I would really like to see a show devoted to the LC way. I know there are cookbooks out there, so .... what are they waiting for?
2. LC breads offered at sandwich shops! The Panera/Bread Company is losing big money with me staying away. I use to love their sandwiches. Would it really be that hard to offer just ONE kind of LC bread?!?!?

Lori H Wed, Sep-17-03 21:56

There is a health food store here that has lunches and they offer low carb bread and sandwiches. Also I heard (don't know if it's true) that Subway is coming out with low carb bread.

I guess the thing I would most like to see is more acceptance of our lifestyle and more accurate information in the press on Atkins and low carbing.

Egypt_Isis Wed, Sep-17-03 22:42

Restaurants should have 1-2 low carb options (without having to make a multitude of substitutions). This includes soups, salads, appetizers, entrees and desserts.

mcastle Thu, Sep-18-03 05:26

I have actually e-mailed the Panera people and requested they add a lo-carb bread to their menu. They would be SO BUSY! They responded with something like "we alway bring new ideas to our development team...blah blah blah... If more people send these e-mails, maybe they'll get the message! Michelle

filmlass23 Thu, Sep-18-03 05:30

Maybe a petition of some kind should be started for Panera or Au Bon Pain to add low-carb bread..?

tholian8 Thu, Sep-18-03 05:54

I'd like for people to shut up about how LC will supposedly wreck your health.

Emily

serrelind Thu, Sep-18-03 05:56

I'd just like to see more options in restaurants. I'd also like to see the mainstream more "open" to the idea of lowcarbing. For an example, if you read most fitness and health magazines, most of them are advocating a diet with 60% or so of carbs, and frown upon a diet with high protein like Atkins. I just hate that kind ignorance.

whyspers Thu, Sep-18-03 06:02

Definately more controlled carb food options in restaurants and grocery stores! Also, that these food options not be priced higher than everything else.

L

dieffen Thu, Sep-18-03 06:06

i totally agree with wyspers. More options at the same price. they should be cheaper to make anyway.

GREYTSCOT Thu, Sep-18-03 07:24

I would love to go to the grocery store and find a Low Carb section. I hate that my local stores will get low carb stuff but it's spread all over the store and unless you go down every aisle you'll miss stuff! I just found some great bread in Shoppers Food Warehouse but it wasn't in the bread section it was in the bakery section (near the doughnuts and pastries) -- I never look there!

Even Safeway, which has a Health Food aisle, is better but if all the low carb stuff was in one spot I'd be one happy camper:)

Dervish Thu, Sep-18-03 07:30

I would love to see a LC cooking show as well. My main dream would be able to walk into most restaurants or even fast foods joints and be able to easily order something LC right off the menu. No altering, no substituting. I'd also love to have a much larger selection of LC items at the grocery store that are also competitively priced. Pipe dreams? Maybe. But hope is a good thing! :lol:

GREYTSCOT Thu, Sep-18-03 07:35

I just thought of THE best thing -- the Food Pyramid! If the government and the AMA changed their minds about low fat high carbs - THAT would be great!

Leenie Thu, Sep-18-03 08:33

I'd like to see the price of things go down, we need more companies making product.

solamander Thu, Sep-18-03 08:43

I wish there was a low carb microwave meal (like Lean Cuisine) or in a can. I hate when I forget my lunch having to go buy ingredients, sometimes I just want to nuke something

Archie Thu, Sep-18-03 08:51

I would like the various "authorities" including the genius' that developed the white death food pyramid to publicly apoligize to Dr. Atkins for ridiculing his WOE!