Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Klondike bars... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=132153)

lcmema Thu, Aug-21-03 16:03

Klondike bars...

I have been on Atkins since February. I lost 25lbs the first two months and was as happy as a pig in ____. Now I find myself losing interest instead of weight. Last week I bought Klondike bars "for the kids." I just polished off my third bar this week. Why would I sabatoge myself this way?? And to make matters worse, I'm diabetic. Low carbing has helped so much in keeping my glucose levels in control. Am I stupid? I could use a little help here...

shrtsh1t Thu, Aug-21-03 16:12

Of course your not stupid. Sounds like you have gotten a little bored with the foods you have been eating. Try some LC recipes. Have a LC bar or sf jello when you have that urge again. I know those Klondikes taste good but the after affects suck.

Bumpy Thu, Aug-21-03 16:57

I know how you feel it is so hard resisting the kids things, only thing I can sugest is make sure you have plenty of LC snacks around.

Tanna Thu, Aug-21-03 17:34

Thye do make Sugar free Klondike bars the come in a green wrapper

SandmanDX Thu, Aug-21-03 18:03

You are by no means stupid. Hey, everybody slips up once in awhile. If they didn't, they wouldn't need forums like this ;)

You can't change what you ate, so don't beat yourself up over it. Just strive to do better in the future. After all, from your stats, you've come too far to give up on yourself now.

And if all you need a a good kick in the butt, that's what we're here for :)

glassgirl Thu, Aug-21-03 22:39

I'm in Toronto, so I'm not sure we have access to the same foods, but...

Chapman's ice cream company has a SF ice cream sandwich that has about 6grams of carbs. They also have Sf popsicles and 'no sugar added' (it has splenda) ice cream.
Perhaps you can find some versions of the same items in your home town?
I've also found great recipes on the web... Lots of alternatives to keep things interesting... and satisfying!

best of luck

Hilary M Fri, Aug-22-03 06:40

Blue Bunny makes a Sugar-Free ice-cream pop that's just like a Klondike bar -- vanilla ice cream covered in a chocolate coating. And there's no aspartame, it's made with Splenda! I think I bought mine at Super Wal-Mart.

jmarionw Fri, Aug-22-03 06:42

Yum. I miss ice cream. Thinking of buying some. What's better, the Le Carb or the Atkins?

Shellyf34 Fri, Aug-22-03 08:24

The Atkins is good, but expensive. It was like $4.99 for four little cups. Try Karen's Panne Cotta recipe on this site instead...

HogarthNH Fri, Aug-22-03 08:48

I love the Atkins Ice Cream.

If you are a member at BJ's or Costco, you can often find a 2-pack (8 total servings) for $7.99, or less.

kamikaze Fri, Aug-22-03 08:52

The Atkins Ice Cream is really good. I've also found that sugar free Popsicles (the actual brand) have only three carbs. They do containe aspartame though.

gingerb Fri, Aug-22-03 11:39

Blu Bunny Ice Cream

The Blue Bunny Ice cream bars from Wal-mart are excellent. Taste great!!! :Party: :Party: :Party:

scorpio381 Fri, Aug-22-03 11:43

I just saw the LeCarb ice cream last night at Wal-Mart for $2.12/pint. I also like the Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream bars and fudgscicles, but I get more bang for my buck buying sugar free popscicles. $3.44 for 24 pops and they're only 3 carbs/110 cal. each.

LadyBelle Fri, Aug-22-03 21:32

Ihavn't tried the Atkins icecream, because mostly it is too dang expencive. The LeCarb is like half the price and also comes in a lot more flavors. I love the homade Vanilla. The strawberry and chocolate almond aren't bad either. LeCarb can be found at the Super Walmarts, while until I moved here I couldn't find any Atkins.

Tsve Fri, Aug-22-03 22:15

okay, now I have to make a trip to super wal-mart tomorrow after reading this thread.......