Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Protein Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175943)

nfb02001 Tue, Mar-30-04 19:35

Protein Bars

I'm going away on a trip and need to bring some kind of protein filled snacks that don't have to be put in the fridge. I'm planning to get something like the Atkins bars... but I've never had them before and I'm wondering which types you like and what flavors you guys like the best.

ndhulst Tue, Mar-30-04 19:44

my favorite are the atkins smores bars...yummy

I also like the pria carb count(something like that)

I didn't like the slimfast ones...had a nasty after taste

aslo the eas..they were kind of nasty too..

so far thats all I tried...there are also recipes for them in the snack section I haven't tried yet but thinking as buying them are so expensive!!

Carla27 Tue, Mar-30-04 19:49

I like the Luna Glow bars. I tried the Strawberry Caramel Sundae one tonight and it was similiar to a strawberry poptart. I try not to eat too many bars but for a quick fix they are pretty good. The Peanut Caramel crunch was pretty darn good as well. They are not as dry as the other brands but are a little higher in net carbs.
Love,
Carla

Elsah Tue, Mar-30-04 20:46

If I were you I would do a trial run on those bars before you get stuck on a trip needing a toilet. Just have one a couple days in advance to see if you have any kind of reaction to them. I know a lot of people have some problems with them so better to be safe then sorry.

Jenn

Oh, and my favorite atkins bar was the chocolate coconut.

bigted Tue, Mar-30-04 20:58

I've found that the Atkin's bars are an acquired taste, of the ones I have tried Almond Brownie and Chocolate Coconut are my prefered. What I really like are the Genisoy Low Carb Crunch (chocolate, chocolate chip I have tried so far). They are very good and don't have the artifical after taste I find the Atkin's bars have. They are lighter too so I don't feel so stuffed afterwards. They are more like granola bars. I would for sure do your own taste test to make sure you like them before you go away. BTW have a great trip.

Rosie Real Tue, Mar-30-04 21:12

The Atkins S'mores are the only edible Atkins flavor, but the Genisoy Low Carb Crunch are great. 3 good flavors I've tried so far: chocolate chip, chocolate, peanut butter. Chocolate chip is the best of them.
The pria ones are unbelievable, but caused some distress in my daughter.

Have fun :)

mel92 Tue, Mar-30-04 21:16

I gotta say, when we went on vacation to San Diego, there was a Von's right across the street from our hotel. I went there and purchased the EAS cookies and cream AdvantEdge LC bars. At first it tasted weird (because I'm not used to stuff with soy in it), but I tell you, it sure got me through all the walking we did at Sea World, Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo! Also, it helped me to maintain my weight throughout that week, instead of gaining. Of course I ate other foods while there, but the EAS bar was the perfect snack/meal bar for me!

:)melissa