Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   convenience foods for lunch.. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123210)

usedtobero Wed, Jul-16-03 08:33

convenience foods for lunch..

OK I forgot my lunch today - so have to go to supermarket and get something to eat.

What can i get from there thats tasty that i can reheat in the microwave and eat with a green salad for lunch?

I am feeling in the need for something warm and tasty - but I am fresh out of ideas!

Claire

LCalamari Wed, Jul-16-03 08:42

does the supermarket have any prepared foods?? if not perhaps you can have some smoked sausage and put them in the microwave for a bit, or get a can a tuna some cheese and put it in the microwave and heat it up to melt the cheese over the tuna, ham steak, or perhaps you can look in the entree section for a fish dish that you can just heat and serve, just look at the carb contents there are always a few that are pretty good. ummm, thats all I can think of for now... OHH, or you can get the frozen flavored chicken wings and stick them in the microwave too. thats all I can think of. Once you have a peek around the store you may get some other ideas. Good Luck

joe_ Wed, Jul-16-03 08:45

i usually just grab a pack of sliced ham or turkey...

Kranti Wed, Jul-16-03 09:48

If You have a Whole Food Market nearby, you could try their packaged lunch... just skip the rice. I has veggies.. generally brocolli and meat.. like fish, chicken & turkey.

scorpio381 Wed, Jul-16-03 09:52

What about a rotisserie chicken from the deli? I've never actually done that so I don't know if the ingredients used to baste the chicken are carb loaded, but you could always take the skin off!

LadyBelle Wed, Jul-16-03 14:29

The walmart origional style rotissery chicken doesn't have sugar or carbs and is nummmmmmmmy.

Make sure to get a list of ingredients though. Delis have to provide it if asked I think. Watch out for BBQ, Honey or brown sugar glazed, or other suspicious names.

hippygal Wed, Jul-16-03 15:15

I love roteserrie chicken!
Also could get some hot daogs. Just watch the back for carb counts!

kellyuk Wed, Jul-16-03 15:39

Grab a bag of salad leaves and either some deli meat or rotisserie chicken OR you could grab a pack of 100% beefburgers or something similar.

wils Sat, Jul-19-03 15:05

I grab either cold meat, roast beef, or ham, check the carb count, and hamburg patty, or a can of tuna or salmon(add the mayo at work) very filling. Also a chicken leg, checked and they don't coat it with anything. I eat salad just about every day for lunch, local Zehrs makes great salads, and one lasts me two lunches, and has a good variety of veggies, so I find it easy and I looove salad.