Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   TOF's (The Over Fifty's) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   L C ing in arizona (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157721)

janei Wed, Jan-07-04 16:48

L C ing in arizona

Hello
I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself. I amd 60 and just started the atkins 5 days ago. All is well especially since I found a store with low carb food, It really helps get you through the boring times. Is there anyone doing this in the Casa Grande AZ area, it woukd be nice to have some company especially since the other half is skinny.
T :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: hanks Janei

fluffybear Wed, Jan-07-04 21:12

Hi Janei,

I am new too but not to dieting. I think I must have tried 10 different diets over the years. I don't have a lot of will power I admit. The first 2 times I tried Atkins I got sick. I still want to try it again though. Well I am set for starting it on the second week in January. I am on a plan now that is like Atkins maintenence but I still get hungry, so I think I will try the Atkins induction one more time. another problem I have is my husband. I find it almost impossible to diet unless he cooperates. I know, excuses, excuses, but he needs to lose a lot of weight too and I want to cook for both of us. He has finally said he will do it with me. So wish me (us) luck!

janei Wed, Jan-07-04 22:13

Hi Fluffybear
Thanks for writing. i have dieted all my life and I guess thats the problem I didnt change my lifestyle. I have had 5 reallll good days and what is making it easier is the low carb food I bought. I dont use all bought food but I bought bread. rolls some frozen desserts and it helped me this last few days. How much do you have to lose? Where are you and do you have support? My hubby is great but he says he feels sorry for me when I cant have something he can haveoh well Good luk

coolazchic Thu, Jan-08-04 00:50

Hi Janei!!! Welcome to the forum. I am from AZ but unfortunately I live far from Casa Grande. I am in the Phoenix Metro area....Tempe to be exact. I thought I would come by and say hello to a fellow zonie. Best of luck to you. Feel free to stop by my journal any time.

fluffybear Thu, Jan-08-04 10:26

Janei,

I live in Ohio. I need to lose about 90-100 lbs. I am 57 and retired. I have been married 36 years to a great guy but unfortunately my cooking made us both overweight. I guess it was raising 4 kids and eating a lot of stuff we shouldn't have like chips and cokes and making lots of cakes and cookies and such. Anyway, the kids are grown up, so it's time for my husband and I to get serious about losing weight. He says he will cooperate. We'll see. Ha ha.

janei Thu, Jan-08-04 19:18

had another good day hope you all; did too. Thanks for the reply it really is great to be able to communicate with others in the same boat. Good luck

pliskin Sun, Feb-22-04 12:24

I wish I was LCing in Arizona...and hell, I'd like to be retired too...6-7 years to go. Somehow it is so much easier to eat well with longer days and nicer weather.

Arizona B Tue, Jun-22-04 11:33

Hi Jani,
Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that there are lots of low carbers in Arizona. I live in Surprise, Arizona in the northwest valley of Phoenix. I've been low carbing off and on for a year. Lost a little over 20 but have 45 more to lose. I'm fifty so it's a real struggle but I'm determined to do this. Hope to hear from you soon.