Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Is Diet Rite Cola Cheating??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=87498)

evil elder Tue, Feb-18-03 15:54

Is Diet Rite Cola Cheating???

I saw somewhere that Diet Rite cola uses splenda and has no carbs. I picked up a 2ltr today and thats what the label shows..

What's your opinion, tastes good after not having sodas for 11 days....

http://www.dietrite.com/ourStory/in...or.cfm?can=cola

Evil Elder

m0bster Tue, Feb-18-03 16:10

Diet-Rite is a STAPLE for most here. It isnt cheating at all, but I would drink it in moderation.

jplush76 Tue, Feb-18-03 16:13

I pound 2 cans a day usually. It tastes so much better than diet coke/pepsi to me.

If you wanna be safe count each 12 oz serving as 1 carb

evil elder Tue, Feb-18-03 16:34

Thanks for helping the newbie.

Redfallon Tue, Feb-18-03 16:41

Another Splenda drink

I found that Sobe Lean Sugar Free is made with Splenda and has 1 carb per serving. It's a tropical fruit punch kinda flavor - really good. It has 2.5 servings per bottle = 2.5 carb per the whole thing. I have only bought one bottle so far (yesterday). I didn't drink the whole thing in one sitting, however. I poured some into a glass.

I used the Hidden Carb Counter and it says that it has 1.29g per serving - still not too bad!

theresa113 Tue, Feb-18-03 17:23

Diet Rite is awesome! Sometimes I have to check the bottle 2 or 3 times to make sure it says "diet" because I can't believe how good it is! :)

JAV Sat, Feb-22-03 11:01

diet rite makes my gut rumble for sme reason...as a former diet pepsi addict I dont know if I can stick to diet rite. I'm trying cold brew tea and seem to like it but it does have caffeine

milmndude Sat, Feb-22-03 11:09

diet rite in Canada?

Does anyone know if you can purchase Diet Rite in Canada? I have yet to find a soda with splenda. :confused:

moonpie Sat, Feb-22-03 11:34

Ask for more low carb products. And we WILL get them!

I have been buying Die Rite and adding just a tiny shot of lemon juice becauce I find the D.R cola seems flat in comparrison to my (old) Diet Coke. I also add lots of ice. Diet Rite has other flavors but they are harder to find. The low carb store had a huge stock of it, but I thought I could find it at the local store. I am going to ask the local grocer to stock some.

If enough of us request more low carb friendly products then mabie these stores will catch on and stock them. We are growing in numbers FAST, and any grocer who is smart will want to provide more products. $$$ , that is If WE ALL request them. :p Jules

red1cutie Sat, Feb-22-03 11:43

I never tried it. I will check to see if we have it in Toronto.

red

oakejs Sat, Feb-22-03 13:26

I live in Canada too, and I haven't been able to find it yet. :(

Shelley J Sat, Feb-22-03 15:27

grape

If you like grape pop, Diet Rite white grape is sooo good! :yum: It's white, but if you close your eyes, it's identical to the purple stuff.

I had to keep checking to make sure it is diet too. ;)

I found it at Albertson's

ndelacourt Thu, May-01-03 22:10

I'm in Canada too!

And I live close to the border, so I just drive over to pick some up! It is soooo good!! I will have to check out some of the other flavours.

Natascha

jeanyyy Thu, May-01-03 22:25

Re: I'm in Canada too!

Quote:
Originally posted by ndelacourt
And I live close to the border, so I just drive over to pick some up! It is soooo good!! I will have to check out some of the other flavours.

Natascha, where in the US do you buy it? I know Safeway in Lynden has some and Haggens and Costcutter, too.. but I've never seen most of the flavours mentioned on here. I am particularly interested in the Diet RC Cola (with caffeine).

coolazchic Fri, May-02-03 00:54

about once or twice a week I have a diet rite (raspberry flavor) with a splash of cream.....so yummy.