Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The whoosh fairy came last night - down 10 lbs!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=150205)

sunnywey Fri, Nov-21-03 14:39

The whoosh fairy came last night - down 10 lbs!!!!

The whoosh fairy came last night and took 3 lbs away with her, while I slept.
I can't believe it! The scale has stayed 184 for a week. I Started Atkins on Oct. 20th at 191lbs and have stayed on induction. This morning I was 181lbs!! I got off + on 4 times to be sure the scale was right. So- I lost 10 lbs in a month!!!
All those years doing low fat/no fat diets, and getting nowhere - thinking I had a thyroid problem the Dr. wasn't picking up on. I have re-newed hope + enthusiasm now!!
Oh- I started "Curves" the same time as I started Atkins, and was re-measured yesterday. I have lost 8.50 Inches in one month!! People tell me they can see my weightloss in my face, but I have the measurements to prove otherwise. I lost 1.50 off of each thigh, waist + abs etc.
You all have to hang in there - I now have had my first whoosh - I didn't do anything differently- It really is magical!!

Bonzlee Fri, Nov-21-03 14:48

Congratulations!!!! That's an awesome feeling! Great job!

scottjan Fri, Nov-21-03 14:53

I think the whoosh fairy went in the wrong direction. I know I asked her to come to my house.

Great Job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenEyezz Fri, Nov-21-03 15:49

Congratulations......u should be real proud of yourself.

verniebird Fri, Nov-21-03 16:56

Terrific job! I love the whoosh fairy....I wish she would re-visit me soon!

orchidfan Fri, Nov-21-03 17:03

Great Job!!

I joined Curves 2.5 months ago and feel so much more fit. I won our local Curves Challenge for the month of October.

It is so encouraging to see success right away and see that this way of eatting can make a difference.

Way to Go!
Kathy

Eveee Fri, Nov-21-03 17:14

Congratulations! Great Job!...and no sacrifice.

:yay:

EVE

Sandy40 Fri, Nov-21-03 17:57

Thanks for posting your success. It's the reason I come to this site before I leave for work and when I get home. My husband even comes in to read the paper so we can be in the same room.

You give me so much encouragement. I know I too can have a fairy visit me!!!!

judyr Fri, Nov-21-03 21:36

Great Job!! I hope the fairy visits me soon.

blueflyer Sat, Nov-22-03 00:15

Congratulations! SUPER JOB!!!!

(But, could you please give her a break now !!!! so she visit the rest of us poor souls!)

sunnywey Sat, Nov-22-03 12:13

Thanks everyone!
Thanks for sharing my excitement with me. I love the way we are so supportive of of each other. I honestly could not do this without you all. Checking this board everyday keeps me motivated. I feel like I am getting addicted to this place.
Oh- by the way - The damned scale has gone up 2 lbs today!
The hazards of weighing everyday. I know - I know -
Still, 3 steps foreward, and 2 steps backward - is still going forward, right?
I am still encouraged, and even more determined to get it back to yesterday's weight. I'm going to go to Curves this morning, for starters.
Good luck to you all!

AFwife Sat, Nov-22-03 12:36

Congrats' keep up the good work. I've lost 7 pounds this week and I can't wait to lose more.

Hopefully the Fairy will come visit me every week taking away at least 2 pounds a week.

Take care,

Lily

laurien Sat, Nov-22-03 19:15

Yeah !!! I too had a visit this week and it feels great .. when you are having a hard week this helps.

lclaura Sat, Nov-22-03 19:34

Congrats!

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=6][COLOR=DarkOrange]Hey sunny! Congratulations! I had a visit myself! down three pounds this morning! Isn't it cool? I myself was getting discouraged.. I could see the inches dropping but not the weight.. I love this woe and this couldn't have come at a better time.. right before the evil holiday of Thanksgiving.. Now I will have even more motivation to pass up on the carb fest.