Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   First week weigh-in (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110433)

Anemone Mon, Jun-02-03 11:39

First week weigh-in

Okay, I started this program a week ago today ... got on the scale this morning and ... I'm sooooo excited! I checked and re-checked the numbers, got off and on the scale a gazillion times, stooped down to make sure I was reading it right and --- and -- I lost 8 lbs!

And even if it's a proverbial drop in the bucket, I can see a difference -- my face isn't puffy anymore; the hollows on the sides of my face are reappearing.

Reading this forum gives me daily (sometimes, hourly) strength and incentive -- it's great not to be doing this alone. I looove this place!

Robin

Leenie Mon, Jun-02-03 11:53

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!
What is your own LC Plan ? Please share details :D
Thanks !!

Chloë Mae Mon, Jun-02-03 11:56

Congratulations :clap:

Isn't that a hoot about the scale thing.

Wait til the end of week 2, it will go down even more.

I lost 14 lbs during Induction, then hit a stall, but I don't believe it was a stall, just my body readjusting.

Now I have dropped another 4.5 lbs. in 3 days. I have been eating macadamia nuts and when I do, I go into deep ketosis and drop the lbs. fast. There is a thread about this on the Atkins Plan.

Tell me about your own LC plan. Sounds interesting. Do you eat any fruit? I miss fruit, but am going to add berries this week.

tgill32177 Mon, Jun-02-03 12:24

Way to go!!!

Wow! I know that you feel great!!! It's one of the things that I love about this WOE.

You will see more wonderful things to come I am sure.

Do you plan to stay on induction after your 2 weeks is over or continue?

I look forward to seeing you meet your goals.

Be blessed,
Tanya

MisterE Mon, Jun-02-03 12:28

Congratulations! You are on your way! :clap:

Stardust Tue, Jun-03-03 13:57

What a great start you have. Good going!

thebigman Tue, Jun-03-03 14:27

What a feeling :D it's great to see those pounds falling off, I never considered the weight loss in the first week it to be water, as you don't ever regain it, you just go on to see more success as each week comes and goes.

Well done your on your way :thup:

Anemone Tue, Jun-03-03 21:47

Thank you

Your words of encouragement mean more than you'll ever know.

TGill - I'm not doing Atkins but I'm curious as to how long induction is.

Leenie, Chloe Mae - Probably not much different than what you guys do on Atkins. I can't eat a lot of heavy protein at one time (stomach gets cranky) so I mostly eat fish plus LC veggies and a salad. I do have fruit, either a few berries or a small piece of cantaloupe at lunch and dinner. Breakfast is usually a slice of sprouted alfalfa grain bread (don't know what that means; it doesn't have shoots sticking out, but it's got lots of fiber, low in carbs and toasts up crunchy) with some cream cheese and smoked fish, or an omelet.

What are your meal plans like?

Robin