Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New Here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160262)

clb1265 Sat, Jan-17-04 18:29

New Here

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Low-Carber Forum and even newer here and am joining you triple-digit members for the long haul! :yay:

A little about me... single, 38, female, northern Wisconsin previously of Chicago. Started Atkins 12 days ago and have lost 12 pounds thus far (not bad, 1 pound a day LOL). I plan on staying on Induction for quite a while though. I started at 278, now 266 and my long term goal is 150 which is what I weighed when I graduated high school twenty years ago. gulp! :cry: I'm not sure if I'll get that low again, but I would be satisfied with 180 and a size 16 again, so maybe that should be my realistic goal.

So far so good on Atkins.

So, if you get under triple digits, do you leave this forum?

Any encouragement, support I can give I will, any I can get is very welcomed! cya around

Chris
278/266/150

mudknife Sat, Jan-17-04 18:37

Welcome to the TDC. You are really doing well so far with the weight loss. Keep it going.

tlmarshall Sat, Jan-17-04 18:41

Hi Chris! Welcome aboard!! you'll find plenty of nice folks here with a wealth of information that is shared daily, if not hourly!

Check out the Sign up for one year of TDC also the countdown, buddies & challenges page is excellent for motivation!

MisterE Sat, Jan-17-04 19:22

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start!

As for whether you leave the forum after you no longer have 100 pounds to lose? Hmmm...figure you could. But by then I figure most of us are as close as family and stick around to help our newer brothers and sisters. I am glad some of the old timers were in here for me to take inspiration from. I still take inspiration from them all.

Go with what works for you...let go of the stuff that holds you back. Regain your health and your smile and take control of your life!

PHATBOY Sat, Jan-17-04 20:35

Welcome to the site! Like everybody has stated, you will find a wealth of info here and support....I sure have, Manny

Nibby Sat, Jan-17-04 20:45

Welcome to TDC! I am also a fellow Wisconsinite! I live in southern WI
and we just got an ice storm last night here.

thumbs up on the great start you have and again..welcome to TDC!

Nibby

Bjuba Sat, Jan-17-04 21:23

Welcome to TDC - Clb - I plan on staying on TDC until I meet my goal - I have more in common with those who have 100+ to loose than I have with someone who has 10 Lbs to loose. The issues are different as are the barriers we overcome.

smoothblu Sat, Jan-17-04 21:49

Welcome to the TDC. It's great to have you here.

Mossling Sat, Jan-17-04 22:38

No, no, no--don't leave the forum when you drop below triple digits to lose--by then, we've just all gotten to know and love you!

Jude

Heath Sat, Jan-17-04 23:31

Naw, you don't have to leave when you have 100 pounds to lose. You do,however, have to share the news...

Welcome!

diemde Sat, Jan-17-04 23:33

Welcome to the TDC, Chris. :wave: Everyone is very supportive here, so post any questions you may have. You are off to a great start!