Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Have you ever cheated just to shake up your body? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167474)

Fatkat Tue, Feb-17-04 08:45

Have you ever cheated just to shake up your body?

If so, What happen? I am in a rut and thinking out having a carb fest. I know I can't get back on track after the fest. I would like to know if anyone else has done this and get their thought.

Kat

LadyBelle Tue, Feb-17-04 09:45

If you can't get back on track, then why risk it?

Have you examined your menus to see if there is anything that can be dropped or added? Have you tried KISS or upping your exercise? Going on a low carb fest may get your weight to change, but are you willing to deal with the concequences if it changes by going up?

Emmsy Tue, Feb-17-04 09:57

Very good points Ladybelle. I know there have been a few posts on this site about "re-feeds". You might try searching that to find out more...But until you know exactly what you're going to be doing-how many and what kind of carbs you should eat--and what's going to happen when you do, I would probably say don't risk it.

You've done so well!!! Even if you're slowed down right now, I would go crazy for your loss. You know what the Dr. would say, if you're going to go against that advice make sure you know what's coming when you do.

Good Luck with your decision!!! Emmsy

Moonwalker Tue, Feb-17-04 10:03

ive been thinking about it, but i wouldnt suggest a carb-fest. Most people recomment one meal of higher carbs, then straight back to the normal low carb meals. I might have try it to see if i can get away with it here in the next few days or so.

Fatkat Tue, Feb-17-04 10:17

Thanks guys. I think I will KISS. I am just having one of those days....

AFwife Tue, Feb-17-04 10:22

I went back on carbs for 10 days when I thought I might be pregnant and wasn't sure on what to eat Atkins wise. Well I wasn't pregnant and got back into Induction losing 10 pounds in one week. But now I'm stuck at 252 and trying to budge it by eating more Fats.

I didn't eat on sinfully on purpose, I was just terrified of harming my baby if I was preggo. I didn't know I could eat at Pre maintence levels if I was preggo. I know better now in case I do fall preggo in the future.

Lily

Itty Tue, Feb-17-04 10:26

Hi

Any time I had a falling-out day, like my friend's wedding, it took me another couple of weeks to get that weight off.

If you want to shake your body up, try the fat fast. It's apparently not very easy to do (have to eat six times a day) but it will get you jump started.

If I wanted a jumpstart, I usually had only bacon for breakfast-- just lots o' fat-- and my cravings subsided and I could start to lose again.

M

Hilary M Tue, Feb-17-04 10:48

I tried this once — I had breaded chicken fingers, fries and two slices of garlic toast from Guthries. It was yummy, but not as heavenly as I thought it would be, and I gained 7 pounds. Water weight, I'm sure, but it still took a week or two to get it off, and that's depressing! And it didn't seem to speed up my weight loss any after that.

I don't recommend carb blow-outs. If you're truly stalled, drink more water, eat more fat, cut out the low-carb junk food, and exercise more. If those things don't work, then just wait it out.

Sbear Tue, Feb-17-04 11:20

Well.... that pint of german chocolate ice cream I ate Sunday (stress, gotta love it you know) didn't help me any.

But thank goodness I'm only up 1 pound and no cravings whatsoever.

Next time I'm stressed, I'll ban myself from the kitchen and go for a walk.