Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Delicious sweet dip to have with fruit (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82739)

katticus Wed, Jan-29-03 21:38

Delicious sweet dip to have with fruit

I whipped up a dip the other night that was served with a fruit platter at my 30th birthday party - the fruit can either be dipped in it, or it can be spooned on top of the fruit and eaten with a spoon. It's sensational with berries of all kinds, and everyone who tried it loved it.

1 tub sour cream
Dried unsweetened shredded coconut, to taste
Splenda, to taste.

Dump all three ingredients in a serving dish and stir them up. It's sensational.

Anyway, I have no idea what the carb value of the coconut is. Can anyone help me?

Katt :wave:

Karen Thu, Jan-30-03 00:29

Up at the top of the page under Low Carb Tools is a carb counter.

I would be tempted to put some vanilla into that dip too!

Karen

nicksmom Thu, Jan-30-03 06:03

THanks for your recipe. It sounds like a nice, rich treat. Where does one find unsweetened coconut. I only can find sweetened coconut and I really dread the thought of wrestling with a coconut. Is that what you all do? LOL :p

Bonnie Thu, Jan-30-03 06:41

RE: unsweetened coconut

Quote:
Originally posted by nicksmom
THanks for your recipe. It sounds like a nice, rich treat. Where does one find unsweetened coconut. I only can find sweetened coconut and I really dread the thought of wrestling with a coconut. Is that what you all do? LOL :p

:wave: nicksmom...here in Canada you can readily find unsweetened coconut right alongside the sweetened varieties...see you are in the USA...from my experience in Florida was only able to locate unsweetened coconut in the packages in the frozen food section where you would find the berries etc...B

nicksmom Thu, Jan-30-03 06:44

Thanks so much, Bonnie! I wish we would have this available on the shelves like you all do! I will ck out my frozen food section. I recall seeing something like that , but never really paid attention to it. Looking forward to adding these recipes to my collection.

Dina Tue, Feb-04-03 17:42

try a health food store

I love your recipe. I know I found unsweeted coconut in a health food store in the refridgerated section. Dina

nicksmom Tue, Feb-04-03 18:09

Just found the coconut, in the frozen fruit section of my grocer. Thanks! :thup:

Bonnie Tue, Feb-04-03 18:55

That's Great!

Quote:
Originally posted by nicksmom
Just found the coconut, in the frozen fruit section of my grocer. Thanks! :thup:

It was a shocker for me when I tried to locate some and it wasn't with the other sweetened packages on the shelves... I finally got desparate and asked the grocery manager ... he pointed me to the frozen berry section of the freezer...coconut frozen like that tastes so fresh compared to the packages on the shelves...enjoy nicksmom...B