Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   HELP!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=19051)

kanne140 Wed, Sep-05-01 14:54

HELP!!!

I'm back .....

havent posted a new thread since August 12th I think. At any rate, I need some advice. ASAP.

On august 1st, I began low carbing according to atkins and the induction period. After 2 weeks, I had lost about 9 lbs, sad thing is in that 2 weeks i wasnt working out, which makes the weight drop even more awesome.

I then left for college. My second year at the university of iowa, living in a sorority house. Little did i know, how much food would be at a my service day in and day out. While girls would make their toast, cereal or yogurt for breakfast, I found myself not eating because i couldnt have my eggs and bacon. And there is where is the problem began. I wasnt eating because i was in great fear of the carbs in the meals I knew i couldnt count.

I knew i couldnt stick to the plan carb for carb. But I thought I could stay within reason. Now, I have gained all plus some back, and I hate it. Especially when my weight seems to sit on my face, noticibly in my cheeks, not to mention thighs, hips and my butt. I know the answer is obvious, dont eat carbs, but does anyone have ANY realistic tip, that a college girl could LIVE by for the year? Besides working out .... I dont even drink all that much .... my wieght lies in the foods i eat. Does anyone know of a low carb diet that isnt as restricted? did it work?

I just need help - badly.
the college girl, kristin

Lara Wed, Sep-05-01 15:02

Hi Kristin

Hey there. I know how you feel out there with all those carbs. Just sit back and take a long look at what you could be doing about them. You need to arm yourself with lowcarb foods in order to stay on the program. How about cottage cheese for breakfast? If you have access to a microwave try Nat's danish recipe. I know it is difficult but you can do it!! Lunch and dinner should supply more options. Do eat in a cafeteria or do you have your own kitchen? Chicken caesar salads, burgers without the buns but with some veggies, stir fry veggies and a meat, tuna and salmon salad and don't forget those pork rinds for snacks.
Good luck and keep the faith. You can do it! Come here often and we'll give you all the support you can handle. Take care.
Cheers,
Lara

giggles Wed, Sep-05-01 15:44

I have been very upfront with friends and family and even people I hardly know when put in a meal situation with them. I simply say what I am doing, and what my limitations are, and most people have been very accomodating. It sounds like you have a kitchen in the house...does someone else do the cooking? If so, if you just let them know, I feel certain they would try to help you out...if you are doing the cooking, I have found that making some things up ahead has helped. I have that bacon that just needs heated - it is already cooked, and I make a few servings of scrambled eggs at a time, so I can just pop it all in the microwave, and eat quick. Good luck!;)