Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Moment of truth folks...GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171314)

toddzilla Sun, Mar-07-04 12:21

Moment of truth folks...GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON!!!

Hello all,

Well, Girl Scout cookies are in season now. Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, <insert favorite here>. It's gut check time folks.

To my surprise, I had access to these wonderful treats two times already, and my mind controlled my body as I did not eat any. That's a small feat in itself!

But, I really didn't even have a craving for them. I mean Thin Mints after they've been in the freezer...you all know what I'm talkin' bout! MMMMMM MMMMMM good! Didn't even want them really.

I miss those beloved cookies, but nothing feels better than losing weight!

I think we would all forgive those who have caved in and ate a whole box (we've all done it...don't lie! :roll: :lol: :roll: ).

It's hard to turn down those cute little girls, but even harder to turn down their oh-so-good cookies. But I have, and I'm proud of it.

Kristine Sun, Mar-07-04 12:26

Mmmm. :doah:

Congrats on resisting. :thup:

My mom's side of the family lives in the US, and those mint cookies were pretty much the highlight of my year. But a few years ago, Canadian Girl Guides started selling similar ones! :daze: I, too, am guilty of multiple counts of eating an entire box in one sitting.

Justjen72 Sun, Mar-07-04 12:30

I bought 4 boxes from the GS at school. The kids and dh enjoyed them, but I did not partake. :)

My favorites used to be the Samoes. YMMMMM.

babydoll23 Sun, Mar-07-04 12:31

the girl scouts are out in droves down here. i bougt my husband a box of thin mints and had no desire to buy any flavors i like (trefoils & tagalongs). so that was my vicotry of the day!

triplemom Sun, Mar-07-04 12:32

I turned them down yesterday! I had four little girls all lined up in a row begging me to buy! The people behind me were buying, so I didn't feel too bad! I KNOW what I would have done with the box (or two) had I indulged! No freezer for me! :devil: I consider it a NSV! :yay:

Octobersan Sun, Mar-07-04 13:22

I certainly remember selling them....back in the 60s we didn't take orders.....we lugged around a huge CARTON...and rang doorbells.....they sold for a whopping 50 cents....but we certainly got our exercise!!!!

sjkling Sun, Mar-07-04 13:26

the chocolate mint wafer bars by atkins are great when kept in the freezer---my thin mint substitute! for those times when you just gotta have something!

rice_boi Sun, Mar-07-04 13:42

I'd buy a whole crate if they were lowcarb cookies!!!!! :D

BlitzedAng Sun, Mar-07-04 13:43

I allways loved the mint cookies. So now when I crave them I just have a little Carb smart chocholate mint ice cream. LOve the new flavor :)
Yeah Breyers :yay: