Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I almost cheated but...... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=96907)

NOT_MINIME Sun, Apr-06-03 00:04

I almost cheated but......

Today was my 5th day on Atkins and I have had super major withdrawals from bread and sugars but I have followed the plan exactly. It really made me realize that what I have been putting in my body for a zillion years have been almost exclusively carbs.

Today I almost didn't make it. It was quilt class and I foolishly didn't have much breakfast and no lunch. And I was completely dehydrated. Only one cup of tea at 10am. Just got so involved, that I didn't take a break. So feeling tired and dizzy I pulled into MsDonald's and ordered a Quarter Pounder. When I opened the package I was ready to wolf it down. But I really LOOKED at it.. And calmed myself....And realized I was STILL stronger than the urge for bread. So I ate the burger and tossed the rest. Boy, did I come close!!!

I came home and ate sensibly and drank lots of water. That near miss reminds me that I am a carb addict and my mind will try to seduce me into feeding it what it thinks it needs.

Today willpower was all that held me on track. I was soooooo close to cheating......

ME

Skamito Sun, Apr-06-03 00:11

Good job! You can do this, the cravings will lessen. The most important thing I've learned is to be prepared. I always carry a big bottle of water and try to have snacks and meals available. My best days are when I have foods in tote so I don't have to worry about getting hungry.

Congratulations!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

chysmith Sun, Apr-06-03 00:11

Good job sticking with it! :thup: Now you know the importance of not skipping meals. :D Once you're past induction, it will be easier to have snacks to take with you (like portioned out nuts). Purchase a water bottle to keep with you. It makes it much easier to remember to drink water.

You're doing great! :wave:

NOT_MINIME Sun, Apr-06-03 00:29

Thanks for the support and encouragement... I love this forum. And receiving relies gives me more detemination and willpower.

:D :D :D

ME

Skamito Sun, Apr-06-03 01:35

P.S. Not Minime... your mouse lifting lifesaver weights is sooooo cute! :) Plus he's using sugar the best way possible, lifting it! :lol:

paradise Sun, Apr-06-03 06:31

Wow, great willpower (especially in the early going of Atkins on top of those withdrawal headaches)! You will feel so much better for it today, Sunday. Now, you know to always go armed with "legal" snacks in your bag so you don't get ravenous and do something you'll later regret.

NOT_MINIME Sun, Apr-06-03 13:23

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to start to carry water at all times like I used to carry tea. For an absolute emergency, an Atkins bar. Its still winter here, so I can slip the bar into my coat pocket and forget about it. Snacks are harder when on Induction. Lets see, I can carry cheese, pepper, celery and maybe cucumbers. Grat advice! Thanks you guys. :)

Pamlyn Sun, Apr-06-03 13:53

Great going. Gosh, fancy being strong enough to put yourself thru a test like that!! Your willpower must be absolutely fantastic. Think if I hit a McDonalds I would absolutely fall down in a heap...lol. Keep up the great work.
Cheers...Pam