Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   getting below 150 feel like a dream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25686)

ladibug Fri, Nov-16-01 10:16

getting below 150 feel like a dream

Now that I am so close to the 150's I feel like I am dreaming. I was always slim growing up and in my teens. When I was about 20 I started gaining weight slowly, at first it was ok then I remember the feeling I had when I got to 150! I was so ashamed and felt so ugly. I even had a boyfriend of 2 years break up with me, for that reason. He said that I was too heavy. It really devasted me and instead of trying to lose the weight, I just kept gaining.

Now 9 years later, I am married and have two beautiful children. I wouldn't change a thing. My husband thinks I am beautiful and now that I am seeing 150 getting closer I think that number is beautiful as well, I welcome it, kinda ironic isn't it.

DeeSinn Fri, Nov-16-01 14:03

Isn't it funny how life can change your perspective? I remember after my first daughter was born I went on this intense vegetarian diet and was running triathlons. I weighed between 120- 122 pounds, very low body fat. I was strong but felt exhausted much of the time. On top of that, the little gut that I had irritated me to no end. I actually viewed myself as overweight. After my second and third daughters were born my weight crept up gradually until I hovered around 165 pounds. No longer had time for triathlons and felt miserable at that weight. I finally started this woe over a year ago, on and off for a while, and now I am back to 133 pounds. If I didn't lose another pound, I would be very happy where I am. Although my husband wouldn't keep his hands off me at 165 pounds he is just ecstatic with my new weight. :dazzle: BTW - Isn't it wonderful to have a great man by your side? The last 7 pounds have really made a huge difference in my appearance. Now, I look back at that 122 pound me and cant imagine why I thought I was fat nor do I have any desire to kill myself to get to that point again. If it happens with this woe, great, if not, I am very happy where I am. I feel better than I ever have my whole life. Kind of like I am finally coming into my own, ya know? It's wonderful. Hope you enjoy it too! :sunny:

ladibug Fri, Nov-16-01 14:43

i know what you mean

It's it great. You have done so well, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My goal right now is 140, I think that is a practical goal since having my two boys has changed the shape of my body. As i continue losinf weight I still see the area arouns my stomach and upper hips and just sigh, lol. I think those areas will still be there after I lose the weight, i will just have to excercise more and try to tone it up. I know as women we always see flaws on our bodies, and that is probalby because of the standards we are help to, but I think if I reach goal I will be satisfied. I remember when I was thin and I had always thought I was heavy then, a size 5-6 and I was heavy, yeah right!!!! If only I knew then what I know now. It goes to show us, that we can't always go back to that ideal image we have in our minds , we get older, have children, etc. we change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to talking to you again.

LC Sponge Sat, Nov-17-01 17:47

Hi Laurie - I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful and supportive husband and great kids. It sure makes all the difference with this WOE.

I remember the *trip up the scale* too. 150 was pivotal for me too. After I hit that, I didn't want to get on the scales any more. Once I hit the 180's I realized I was going for 200 and I felt so awful - my bone structure just couldn't carry the weight.

Hang in there, you will do fantastic on low carb and like so very many of us, you will never look back :)

Erin4980 Sun, Nov-18-01 00:13

I'm having the exact some experience...

I cannot believe I'm in the 150s too. I love it, and can't wait for the 140s - although I'm very happy currently;)
Good luck with everything...if you're heading for the 140s, I'll see you there:)

Erin

ladibug Sun, Nov-18-01 23:24

thanks gals

Thnks for the posts,

Yes we will all get to a number tyat sounds wonderful whether that be 150, 140, 130, whatever. We all have our own goals and it will happen.

I had a tough weekend but tomorrow is a new day and I plan on kicking this loast 20 pounds in the butt and I will do it.

Good luck to you all,
Laurie