Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   1'd like a smaller size please (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39034)

AngelaR Sun, Mar-31-02 14:20

1'd like a smaller size please

Hi everyone. I haven't been around much, dealing with some family things, but wanted to post a word of encouragement on clothing sizes. Last Thursday I had the opportunity to go to "the city" to visit family, and decided to pop into a mall to see if I could find a couple of pairs of size 14 pants. I tried them on, and when the sales lady came over to check on me, I beamed at her and said, "I'd like a smaller size please"

It turns out that I was so busy stretching the last wearable weeks out of my size 16 pants by scrunching all the extra waistband under a belt, that I skipped a whole size! I'm now back into a size 12. 5 pounds ago I couldn't get into the old size 12 pants I'd saved!

For those of you who are starting near my start weight, and aiming for a similar target...it doesn't seem to take a whole lot of poundage lost to make a big difference in clothing sizes. I started with a size 18 at 190 pounds. Now, 28 pounds lighter, I'm 3 dress sizes smaller, and back to the dress size I was when I got married 15 years ago.

...and yes, I did buy the pants, a matching jacket and top, and 2 other size 12 jackets to get me through the spring. I also offically packed away all my "fat clothes". My work closet mixture is now my new treasures, and ready to use again old skinny clothes that I loved so much the first time around, and will love even more now that they and my middle aged body have been recycled!

To top it all off, last night my dear husband told me I looked great! I'm on top of the world this weekend!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HelloKitty Sun, Mar-31-02 14:27

Congrats!!!!!!

That's wonderful, Angela!!!!!
Keep up the great job you're doing!!!!!!!!!
Stories like that are so encouraging!!!!

:wave:

Melissa

disneybebe Sun, Mar-31-02 15:45

WTG Angela. We're so happy for u!

Bebe

mcgregor Sun, Mar-31-02 18:51

What a great feeling. It is great to hear such good news.

Deb

Atrsy Mon, Apr-01-02 22:01

I love stories like this, Angela

It gives me hope! :)

Great job :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

CrazyCurly Tue, Apr-02-02 09:46

That is so wonderful! What a great feeling that must have been to skip a size! Too bad we can't bottle that feeling, we would make millions.... :D I am very proud of you!

EllieEats Wed, Apr-03-02 05:52

Angela!!
That's Fantastic!!! Way to go!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I too was so busy tightening my belt and trying to make things look like they fit that I also missed some clothes on the way back down!!!
I'm trying to decided if I have time to take on the project of alterations now or just take clothes to someone... I have several things that are one size too big.

Isn't it great!!??

Hang in there everyone!! Proof that this works is all over this board!!

Ellie :wave:

dbackdeb Wed, Apr-03-02 07:14

WOW!!! How thrilling:)
I can't wait until I get to a smaller size, but I will have to.
Congrats!!!

Victoria Thu, Apr-04-02 10:06

Angela,
That must have felt so good, to ask for a smaller size. You are doing so great. And to hear it from hubby...I bet you feel on top of the world. Great job!!! It's very encouraging for those of us who still have a way to go! :wave: Victoria

rodmick Mon, Dec-13-04 10:25

Angela,
Congratulations to you!!!

vandi68 Mon, Dec-13-04 10:36

I cleaned out my closet this weekend and gave them all to Goodwill. I read on one post that the way not to gain it back is to not buy a bigger size, if it is getting too tight take care of it right now. That is my motto. Those 20's and 18's are HISTORY! Congrats on the new clothes!!

omgiam30 Mon, Dec-13-04 11:57

Congratulations! What a feeling, I'm sure :) My pants are getting baggy on me, but I want to put off buying anything new till another 20lbs are gone...I have a couple of pair of pants that I'm fitting back into at the moment, which is a great feeling too.

I'm happy for your success!!

clark004 Mon, Dec-13-04 19:05

Congratulations!! I've moved all the clothes I've grown out of (in the negative way!) to St Vinnies -- very theraputic and very freeing. I can't gain the weight back - I'll have nothing to wear! Keep moving down those sizes!

jadeca Wed, Dec-15-04 02:06

Congratulations!! That must be SO exciting! You deserve it for working hard! Way to go hubby, too!:cheer: :cheer:

sbd4me Wed, Dec-15-04 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandi68
I cleaned out my closet this weekend and gave them all to Goodwill. I read on one post that the way not to gain it back is to not buy a bigger size, if it is getting too tight take care of it right now. That is my motto. Those 20's and 18's are HISTORY! Congrats on the new clothes!!

That is so true! This past summer I refused to buy any new shorts until my old ones from high school fit (I'm 20 now and they are size 6's). So I was wearing skirts and pants all summer long because I was so stubborn about buying new shorts. But now I have gone from a size 10 to a size 4/6 and can fit into all my shorts! :) So now when I go to the Virgin Islands on the 20th I will get to make use of my shorts from high school. ;)