Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   gummy worms (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39361)

jenny v Wed, Apr-03-02 13:18

gummy worms

I was searching the web and saw a receipe for low carb gummy worms, however I don't know what site I was on and I didn't copy the receipe. If anyone knows it or sees it can you let me know I would like to try it. Thanks.

sydney Tue, Apr-09-02 13:56

re gummy worms

Jenny,

I totally love anything gummy! my most missed treat is wine gums. If ever do get this recipe, please pass it on.

Cheers,

Sydney

slimchance Tue, Apr-09-02 14:05

Gummy Worms coming right up!!

I tried these and they definitely do the trick!

2 small boxes (4 servings each) of Jello
4 envelopes Knox (or other) gelatine
1/2 cup water

combine over medium until dissolved
pour onto plate, cool 20 mins
slice into worms

and voila!! :D

Good luck!
KC

sydney Tue, Apr-09-02 14:52

gummy

Slim,

Maybe I am just a little slow, but how do I make these? I dont understand what I mix with what and how come I dont have to put anything in the fridge, or do I?

I am sorry, I have not had enough sleep in the last few days and so my brain is totally broken!

Syds

slimchance Tue, Apr-09-02 15:11

Sorry...I knew what I was doing in my head!! :D

You combine the 2 pkgs of Jello (sugar free), 4 pkgs of gelatin powder and the water in a pot on the stove and dissolve it over medium heat. Once it is completely dissolved (usually only takes a couple of minutes) you pour the liquid onto a dinner plate and refrigerate it for 20 minutes. That is all the time it needs to gel. Then you take it out and slice it into whatever shape you want.

I'm not sure how well they keep because with all my friends LCing they didn't last long...like 2 days. :D I kept them in the refrigerator simply because I always kept Jello there, but I'm not sure if you would need to or not?

Good luck!!

KC :wave:

capnsue Tue, May-28-02 08:34

i made these last night...GOOD LORD were they wonderful! if you add a package of kool-aid mix(the kind that you're supposed to add sugar to, don't add the sugar obviously, heh), you get SOUR gummy worms. (i read that somewhere, i forget where)

i bet you could pour them into cookie cutters to make gummy shapes.

wow, world of gummies....

./su

Atrsy Fri, May-31-02 19:11

I make mine with 5 T Knox unflavored gelatin and added one packet of unsweetened Kool Ade and some Splenda. I did it in a 1 cup measuring cup, so it wasn't quite a cup of water. I put it in the microwave until it disolved. I pour mine into those cute little Jello jelly bean molds. They just pop out and I have a whole tupperware container to much on.

The gelatin is high in protein, no carbs and has some fiber in it!
It's easy to sit there an eat a bunch of those "jelly beans"

Candiflip Sun, Jun-30-02 22:31

I made the gummy worms tonight. They turned out good but I wish I had a jelly bean mold...Where do I get one of those? The worms are a pain to cut.
Thanks

Candice

Azure Fri, Jul-05-02 13:19

you can go to www.jello.com to buy jello molds.

Candiflip Sun, Jul-07-02 13:33

Thank you very much! They only ship to the U.S. so I might order & have them shipped to my grandmothers house.

Candice

havanah Tue, Jul-30-02 20:56

instead of jelly bean molds you could just use those molds that people make candy in...they have all kinds of different shapes and sizes, anyway just a suggestion

Tams531 Tue, Jul-30-02 21:58

Whooo Hoooo

I cannot tell you guys how happy I am to find this thread! I really miss "gummy" candy! Cannot wait to make these! Keep posting these cool tips for treats~ :daze:

Digitalgrl Fri, Jan-31-03 14:05

what fun!

Does anyone have a carb count on this gummies?

yags3ue Fri, Apr-25-03 20:32

i made these tonite...they were very good.
its 0 carbs

terrahawk Sat, May-03-03 17:14

Thanks for posting the Gummi Recipe. I wasn't really a fan of the real ones before but these are certainly fast to make and okay once in a while.
Tony