Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   my fat is all soft & gushy. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122032)

2Airedales Fri, Jul-11-03 09:55

my fat is all soft & gushy.

I noticed that my fat is all soft & gushy.
When I started this it was firm & there was a lot more of it!!

I think that's because it's melting away. It's a good sign, right?
Almost every day someone notices how much thinner I am now.

Has anyone else noticed this gushy fat?

Pascale

Jeanne Sch Fri, Jul-11-03 09:58

I think you may be thinner than you realize.
I get gushy fat when I have PMS and I know it is water gain.
I also had the same experience as you did in my first week of Atkins and now the water gain has slipped away since I am only drinking water as my liquids...and lots of it.

Arie Fri, Jul-11-03 09:59

Yes! me too.

Now, being a guy I am not suppose to say things like "my fat is softer and gushier these days" but it is.. :)

2Airedales Fri, Jul-11-03 10:04

When I get PMS I get bloated.
My husband also has gushy fat, it feel really funny!
It's like I can feel the muscles hiding under there!!!

kellyuk Fri, Jul-11-03 10:23

Me too! Before starting this I was very big but it was all quite firm, now it feels soft and squidgy!

MaggieP Fri, Jul-11-03 10:32

I am so glad you posted about this!

I noticed a difference in the way my fat felt, particularly in the stomach area. It does have a different, squidgy feel to it - and certainly is not as firm as it once was. I know that it is a very good thing, but it sure does feel funny! :p I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the gudgy fat experience!

hey_Neener Fri, Jul-11-03 12:23

I don't know so much about gushy fat, but dang I have some saggy skin! My once solid tummy is a saggy abdominal fold and my inner thighs have icky flabby pouches of skin. I can only hope my body will look better as my skin has a chance to catch up and tone up some. I guess I'll have to settle for just looking good in my clothes for now!

tracyw Fri, Jul-11-03 12:49

I'm so glad someone mentioned this

I was just noticing today that MY fat is softer!! I thought it was a promising sign- like that my fat is softening because it is burning as energy. It used to be much firmer and now it is softening... I hope this means it is on it's way to melting away!!

Good low-carb thoughts to all!!

Tracy

mkathy6 Fri, Jul-11-03 12:51

I have started to notice this too on my stomach and on my inner thighs, it is scarey to look at, but I'm trying to be positive and saying that my body is reconfiguring so it is melting slowly away!!!

flutterbye Fri, Jul-11-03 13:11

I just noticed this morning while taking my mesurements that the fat has a weird soft gushy texture. People have started to notice that I'm losing weight so that makes me feel good, Flutter

hippygal Fri, Jul-11-03 13:14

me too

It sure is an ugly sight to see!
The belly fat is scary.

Kaillean Fri, Jul-11-03 13:43

I hear ya! I've lost 35 lbs and have more cellulite than every before. I also have the unsightly hanging fat on my inner thighs (new) and the belly seems to hang lower, even though its smaller.

I'm with you guys - just hoping this is a transition. All our firmly-packed in there fat is letting loose and ready to be burnt away.

I've kicked up my exercise again in hopes of toning and keeping my skin in good condition. I'm starting to look half-decent dressed again, but my birthday suit is in sad shape!

Keeping my fingers crossed....

2Airedales Fri, Jul-11-03 14:25

I have stretch marks on my Tummy for pregancy 13 years ago. When I reach my goal weight if I still have flabby skin I may just go for a Tummy tuck & some Lyposuction.

Pascale

Vpeach Fri, Jul-11-03 14:29

Yea..i have to agree..it is pretty gross to look at.. but at the same time, i try to smooth it out and see how it'll look w/ out it. I'm making sure i'm doing enough toning excercises because I dont want to have any lose skin when i reach my goal weight.

SDgrandma Fri, Jul-11-03 16:01

The fat is squishy because it is full of empty fat cells...the ones that used to be full of fat! It will take a while for the body to slough off those old cells. When it does, the skin will begin to tighten.

There is a good thread in the Best Of Forum about how we lose fat.

And we don't all of a sudden GET cellulite. Cellulite is just another name for fat. It was there all the time. It just used to be smooth. Now its bumpy.