Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   SCREW THIS ~#$! I quit!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95910)

bigguyjonc Tue, Apr-01-03 08:39

SCREW THIS ~#$! I quit!!!

Hi everyone!,

Well i couldn't take it anymore. Today i had the day off work so i decided to pull my scale out of the closet and weigh. I hadn't weighed in 2 1/2 wks. I thought i had done so well. I haven't cheated in over a month and a half. Well to my dismay i had not only not lost any weight but had gained 8 POUNDS!!!!!!! :mad: I have been excersizing every day except one for over a month, i have drank all my water and stuck to 20 carbs or less a day. I got so upset i went into the kitchen. I had made my wife a cake the night before and there was only one piece gone. I ate the whole thing down to each and every crumb. ya know what I don't even care because i QUIT!!!! I'm going to eat what ever i want then i'm going to my doctor and have him set me up to have Gastric bypass. I'm sorry but this WOL is too hard for too litttle results. I give up so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Jon

p.s. april fools. none of the above is true. I don't plan on weighing for another 2 wks. I feel great and I love this WOL.
GOTCHA!

Alina Tue, Apr-01-03 08:42

Jon!

Didn't believe this for one second!!!! Come up with something better next April! :bash: LOL
:doah: Alina

theresa113 Tue, Apr-01-03 08:45

OMG... You got me! I started reading your stats halfway through and I was perplexed! LOL! What a great April Fools Joke! :)

anniegal Tue, Apr-01-03 09:09

OHMIGOSH - you totally had me!! :D What a crack up!! I, too, was even doing the math (on my fingers, no less) and thinking - but, but, but. . . .!!!

Good one!!

-Ann

KoKo Tue, Apr-01-03 09:31

Got Me too

Jon - You really really got me!!!! :D

Blondey7 Tue, Apr-01-03 09:33

Wow I was reading your story and my jaw dropped I kept thinking how could someone who had lost this much weight just give up!! Too Funny!!!

Pat S. Tue, Apr-01-03 11:14

Yup!! You got me I was thinking fast how I was going to help you get back on the track. :lol: Pat S

Bleach Tue, Apr-01-03 11:26

Good One! :clap:

Skamito Tue, Apr-01-03 11:50

Got me too... I'm a sucker. I was thinking, "Poor guy!" and fashioning my best response! How dare you, Jon, how DARE you?

:D

Lessara Tue, Apr-01-03 11:50

Oh you scared me Jon!!!

I had to go back and reread your post before I saw the bottom!
We just can't lose you, Jon!
So glad you are still with us!! :D

paradise Tue, Apr-01-03 12:58

You had me too! I hadn't even looked at your stats, I just recognized your name as someone who posts frequently. I could not believe what I was reading. I don't think I'll get fooled again today!

amazin77 Tue, Apr-01-03 13:05

Very Good!

You got us all good! My first reaction was " How could he say something to all of us like that. So cruel.... Then I thought, How could Jon have all those Leg of Turkey's (avatars)?
That was good Jon,
I was even feeling this way, but not the cheating part, I was tempted to weigh myself, but I can't, I just know I'm on a stall so I'm hanging in and not going to weight in until I feel sure I've been losing more inches.

Amazin77

shama Tue, Apr-01-03 13:09

:D

WHOAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You got me too! This wol is awesome! Never quit, and with all the support here, we cant lose, or can we!!!!??? We know we can, we know we can, we know we can......!

Have a great day!
Shama :rose:

csj Tue, Apr-01-03 13:20

I bought it up to the gastric by-pass. I don't think you are big enough at your current weight for it to be deemed "medically necessary". Congratulations on fooling some of the people some of the time.... and on your dedication to LC.

Cindy

Groggy60 Tue, Apr-01-03 14:03

I was hoping the forcast for snow here was an April Fools joke, no luck.

I was just thinking that this guy must not have a clue what 20 carbs is. Thanks for the chuckle.

Fantasia Tue, Apr-01-03 14:53

:daze:

wcollier Tue, Apr-01-03 15:04

Jon:

I was wondering how anybody could have leftover cake sitting around in the fridge from the day before. Hey, but I'm a sugar addict!

You are BAD BAD BAD! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :D ;) :lol:

Wanda

yvonne326 Tue, Apr-01-03 15:15

YOU GOT ME TOO - - was ready to post how much you should not give up...etc.. :)

HAHAHA....grrrrrr :roll: :spin: :daze: :wave:

Shadow01 Tue, Apr-01-03 15:33

And to think I was absolutely impressed that you had made your wife a cake :D ! But I'm very glad you were just "fooling" and was so relieved when I got to the punchline :) .

tbagram Tue, Apr-01-03 15:34

My first thought was how could he gain eight pounds on 20 carbs a day? What a good one!!!!! :p :p Vonnie

bigguyjonc Tue, Apr-01-03 17:08

LMAO :lol:

p.s. i really do have some leftover cake i made my wife. i am not even tempted to have some. ;)

Jon :rose:

omgiam30 Tue, Apr-01-03 19:04

Well that is the second time I've been "had" today!!! :daze:

Glad you were just foolin around!!!

Crimson Wed, Apr-02-03 17:35

Loved it! I had to laugh out loud (not a good thing in a small office!) :agree:

pennygale Wed, Apr-02-03 20:29

soooooooooo bad

YOU ARE SO BAD.....keep up the good work....needed that laugh.....
Penny :D

Peabug Wed, Apr-02-03 22:10

Good one! :clap: