Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The ultimate evil has entered my house! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88474)

chysmith Sun, Feb-23-03 15:03

The ultimate evil has entered my house!

My daughter is in Girl Scouts and we just picked up her cookie orders today! :nono: We preordered a bunch of boxes before we decided to change our WOE. Now they get to sit there until my kids eat them all. Luckily they do well in the freezer. Those cookies range from 4 carbs to 10 carbs per cookie! Ouch! :bash: Definitely not worth it! Even though I've had a bad day so far, I Keep telling myself that having even just one would make my day even worse!

Aargh!!!!!

-Cait

parsley Sun, Feb-23-03 15:24

Cait,

I feel your pain. Yesterday my daughter visited and brought along with her my favorite goodie in the world, a dozen warm, fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I can't tell you how my mouth watered all day yesterday and this morning until my husband consumed the last one.

It is so strange that she brought the exact thing that I had craved all this week.The good news is I didn't have one bite, but I came oh so close.

Just stay FOCUSED and keep those things out of sight!!! I know you can do it!!!

Pars

Netters Sun, Feb-23-03 15:31

Great job sticking to your wol! GOOD for you, you deserve huge back pattings!

butrf1yb1u Sun, Feb-23-03 15:38

Resolve Testers

I currently have Samoas and All abouts. :eek: Havent touched a one and those Samoas...they look so good in their ooey gooey sinfulness!!

Great resolve Cait, how was your walk? :)

Much love, laughter, success
BB.

S_Hysmith Sun, Feb-23-03 15:40

It's funny. In the past I could easily sit down with an entire box of girl scout cookies and a good book to read. While I was helping unpack the van, I was looking at enough sugar to embalm my body and thinking: "I don't need this." I have absolutely no craving for these things. Who'd have thought?

acrosstyck Sun, Feb-23-03 16:58

Okay,
I can top that!

When I was a kid (we're from Louisville, KY.) I lived RIGHT BEHIND (I mean litterally) the Bremner Biscuit and Cookie company(one of their divisions was called "Little Brownie bakery" or something to that effect.), which is the company that makes Girlscout cookies! I could have hit the building using a slingshot...You can not imagine the smell!
OMG!!!
When they started baking the GS cookies, it was heaven!!

I'm a Samoa fan myself.

My Dad bought a bunch of GS cookies, and I didn't eat a single one...I didn't even crave any of them, so this WOE is really working out for me.

Tim

chysmith Sun, Feb-23-03 17:08

You know why they call them Samoas don't you? Because everyone wants sam-mo-a :) Glad to hear you don't want any more!

BB, I haven't made it out on my walk yet. I was on my way out this morning and Scott and the kids returned early from church. We're going to head out in about 10 mins. and take the kids up to the park. It'll end up being about a mile at the kid's pace. I'm going to put our youngest in the back carrier instead of the stroller.

-Cait

chenevy Sun, Feb-23-03 17:56

For a minute I thought this post was going to say "Domino's Delivered" you can tell where my mind is,and weakness!
When I first went on this my daughter sold sub sand-
wiches for a school charity.My husband had 33 orders from work and I had to keep them overnight.They practically fell out of the fridge calling my name.
Have something sweet and legal!

1busymomma Sun, Feb-23-03 18:48

I went to walmart yesterday where I was flogged by cute little girls in green outfits. LOL. I managed to squeak out a "no" and proceeded to enter the store where I immediatley made sure I was armed with all kinds of Atkins goodies before exiting the store. LOL.

tbagram Sun, Feb-23-03 19:33

WOW!!!!

That many carbs per cookie! And I used to eat a box at a time. I can't even imagine eating that way ever again. I bet I ate thousands of carbs a day at times. :blush: Vonnie

Beverly61 Sun, Feb-23-03 19:53

I was dreading the Girl Scout cookie season because I have always bought about 25 boxes from my good friend's daughter. I saw my friend the other day and asked her in a weak voice when the cookie sales were starting and she told me that her daughter quit Girl Scouts!! Hooray!!!! :roll:

I nearly cried I was so happy. Those Thin Mints have been my favorite cookie since I was a kid.

butrf1yb1u Sun, Feb-23-03 19:53

Quote:
You know why they call them Samoas don't you? Because everyone wants sam-mo-a Glad to hear you don't want any more!

Lol:lol: too cute Cait.

Glad the weathers nice enough for a trip to the park where you are. It was 7 degrees here with -4 wind chill factor. :mad:

We are doing so great with the girl scout cookies! :yay: I cant imagine downing them like I used to. If its not legal I dont eat it, and with so many low-carb substitutions and recipes growing everyday, combined with the control over cravings, I find that its pretty easy to do just that.

Dr Atkins RAWKS! lol :D

BB.

jessea Sun, Feb-23-03 21:01

Me too!!!

That is so funny, Cait, I was just gonna post about the same thing and call it "the ultimate torture!" I have a daughter in scouts, and have 100 boxes in my house right now! UGH!!!!!!! Luckily, most of them are for other people, but about 6 boxes are ours, my DH ordered before HE started lowcarbing.

Right now I am having tea, and thinking, mmmm, a shortbread cookie would go so good with this!!!! Somebody slap me, please! The samoa's are my fav, too. Sigh. Glad to know I am not the only one with this "evil" in my house!

Thanks!

:roll:

-Jess

KellyG5 Thu, Feb-27-03 10:44

Girl Scout Cookie Time

My daughters' cookie orders are here in the house! We bought 6 boxes! So far so good! no temptation...yet! I have been passing them off to hubby and the three girls. I am hoping they will all be gone by the time my will power caves in.

UAGirl Thu, Feb-27-03 10:49

Ulgh. I ordered them from my neice. With no intentions of eating them of course.

I have been conditioning myself, getting ready for that delivery. As soon as they get here, I'm leaving them in the big box and driving them straight to someone elses house. :)

dancermom Thu, Feb-27-03 11:02

Our DD is a Girl Scout, I think we ordered about 20 boxes, and they're here. Wishing I was far enough along in my program to not have sugar cravings anymore! My DH has been watching his sweets, so I guess it's up to the kid to eat all those cookies. I'd better find room in the freezer. I'm sure we will be taking them to functions where a "snack" is requested. They always go over well several months after you can't buy them anymore. Diana

KellyG5 Thu, Feb-27-03 11:25

Hi Diana,
I see your user name is Dancermom...do you dance?
Just curious, I dance...mostly tap and jazz, but do lyrical and ballet too.

I have twin girls at are also dancing. They are only 5 (soon to be 6) and they love it! They started dancing just before they turned 2 year olds.

Sorry this is way off topic!

Back to on topic....

Great idea about sending those cookies out for snacks. We used to always freeze our GS cookies. (have been involved in scouting since I was a brownie myself) GS cookies is a yearly event in my household.
Nothing is better frozen thin mints on a hot july day. That is a real treat!

blatla Thu, Feb-27-03 12:19

I've got two Brownies in my house so I've been up to my eyeballs in cookies for the past two weeks. We bought 20 boxes for ourselves! They came in just a few days after I started induction. I told myself that if I made it through induction, I'd allow myself *one* thin mint (4g) as a reward. Well, by the time day 14 rolled around, I wasn't having cravings anymore and was feeling so good about my progress that I decided it wouldn't be worth it. Haven't had even a crumb!

chysmith Thu, Feb-27-03 12:31

Woo Hoo! Way to go!

That's so awesome. :cheer:
I did actually succumb, I had a tiny little crumb of a Trefoil (my fav.). I think it amounted to 0.25 carbs! It was enough of a taste to realize that I didn't want it. I'm glad I tasted it, otherwise I would have been agonizing over it for days and may have ended up eating 5!

-Cait

rubyg64 Thu, Feb-27-03 12:42

Oh those magical little thin mints. I can still remember how they taste right out of the freezer. Funny thing is, even though I can practically taste em I don't want any.

I was scared to death when we ordered them, but my kids and husband have been eating them and it does'nt even bother me. :D What a WONDERFUL WOL!!!!!!!! Chocolate is THE reason I weighed what I did. Now I could care less about it. Is'nt it wonderful that none of us really wants them? What other way of eating could make that happen? I would have eaten a whole box by now on Weight Watchers. :mad: I am sooooo glad I found a new WOE!

Lisa :wave: