Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chocolates - Russell Stover (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=5300)

rainny Thu, May-17-01 09:43

RUSSELL STOVER THANK YOU!

We'll really my Thanks is to all of you talking about them! As soon as I saw that thread...I went to the store and bought all the flavors! I came back stuck them in the frig...walked out into the shop {where my hubby was working} unrapping a peanut butter cup. My Husband {he is so cute} stood there with an shock look and an open mouth going :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: "BABY!!!WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!!" I smile and said eating a peanut butter cup...as I place one in his open mouth. He looked so sad that I would cheat on my diet. I told him to eat it. He did...I ask is if it was good? He said "WELL YES!! BUT..." I popped in an said
"1 carb doll! No more ordering chocolated."

I love him so much! And thanks again everyone for talking about it. Oh and I got mine at Eckerds Drug store.
Smile,

agonycat Thu, May-17-01 10:39

Oh how precious!

Thanks for sharing the story. heheheh

rainny Thu, May-17-01 11:16

SMILE!

Yes he is...thank you! I went threw A LOT OF FROGS to find this one! Hee hee!

agonycat Thu, May-17-01 13:35

heheh that is sweet. I too had to go through some frogs and a few toads.

The other night I was craving ice cream, and was pouting about it. So my hubby came in with a pint of ice cream and said here ya go! Ummmmm where is the spoon? OH! YOU WANTED A SPOON TOO?!?!?!?!? He took the pint away and I was laughing so hard I didn't want it anymore.

He has been keeping my honest for sure on the diet. Everytime I want to cheat he talks me out of it. *mumbles damn him*

I have him to thank for the 20 pounds lost so far.

:D

steff75tx Thu, May-17-01 14:50

OK! I missed the thread about the CHOCOLATE! Tell me now! Is it a sugar free chocolate? Does it REALLY taste good? Is it with the rest of the chocolates russell has? And where in the hell do I get it?

agonycat Thu, May-17-01 15:00

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=russell+stover

There ya go Steff ;)

rainny Thu, May-17-01 15:24

YES...Its GREAT!

Quote:
Originally posted by steff75tx
OK! I missed the thread about the CHOCOLATE! Tell me now! Is it a sugar free chocolate? Does it REALLY taste good? Is it with the rest of the chocolates russell has? And where in the hell do I get it?

HI!
You can get it at you local Eckerd...maybe even Wal-Mart. If my little hick town Waller TX has it, you shouldn't have a problem where you are. Its with the rest of the chocolate that hang in bags. Its about 1.99 here. This is what I found...
Pecan Delights
17 carbs
-10 matitol= 7carbs per piece.
Peanut butter cups
17 carbs
2 fiber
-14 matitol =1carb

Peanut butter clusters
18carbs
1 fiber
- 17 maltitol =0 carbs
Now I wouldn't over do it on ANY OF THESE...and I would diffidently keep and eye on your ketones. BUT THEY ARE GOOOD...and I think I saw them on the atkins site too.
Lorraine

tamarian Thu, May-17-01 18:40

Quote:
Originally posted by agonycat
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=russell+stover

There ya go Steff ;)

Hi Cat (I just don't want to call you agony!) :)

Thanks for digging out relevant links of previous discussions, you're quite good at it. You have a great memory and know how to use the search tool quite well!

Wa'il

agonycat Thu, May-17-01 19:02

hehehe it's okay Wa'il, another 20 pounds and I can change my name to what is on my ICQ account.

And most welcome for the page links. I just remember we had discussed this when I first became a member and I found them very interesting.

*bouncey, trouncey fun fun fun!*

mslady22 Fri, May-18-01 09:49

please tell me about these. I just bought some carbolite chocolat almond bars at gnc and they were great but can you tell me about the peanut butter cups my favorite. who are they made by?

jessjoy Fri, May-18-01 11:02

does this choc. help with constipation? I know some sugar free choc. has an ingredient that helps you go....I could sure use it!! :)

rainny Fri, May-18-01 12:04

Hi y'all!

Russell Stovers make it. I found it at my local Eckerd Drug’s store. AND YES THEY ARE GREAT! I believe someone said they have the candy at Wal-Mart also. If nothing else ask the manager at one of the stores were you shop to order it. I’m sure they already get something from them. I’m still playing with them to see how bad they will affect my Ketone…and if you can get a true count by subtracting the maltitol and fiber from it. If it works then the peanut butter clusters have O carbs…and they are like crunchy peanut butter cups.

"You're gonna get real about fat — or you're gonna get real fat!"
— Dr. Phil

mslady22 Fri, May-18-01 12:34

Thanks keep use posted on how it affects your ketones. I recently tried carbolite chocolate almond bar from gnc its made with splenda they were so good tasted like a hersheys chocolate bar and they also have a crisp which is I guess like Nesley crunch I use them a treats every once in a while to satisfy cravings.

rainny Fri, May-18-01 12:37

I do that!
Smile,

numberonewendy Fri, May-18-01 18:11

Yep....I am going to try those next....cause I haven't lost my sweet tooth like others...grrrrr.....anyway..warning...warning....(is this lost in space?), don 't go near the sobees......hmmm...have I got the spelling right? They give you bathroom problems....and gas...oh my...major gas......

rainny Fri, May-18-01 18:32

TRY THEM!

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO GOOD! I wish they would give me bath room problems!ha! That would be an easy solution!
SMILE,

numberonewendy Fri, May-18-01 20:06

Ok...good to know.....sorbees....not a good one..although they taste great......but Wendy doesn't need bathroom problems...or bad gas.....so....yeppers...me going to try them....yep yep...sweet tooth that I am.....what do you mean you taste things sweeter.....huh? give me your problem....LOL

Deirdre Fri, May-18-01 21:59

It's the maltitol that causes the "bathroom problems". It's also in the Russel Stover candies so be careful! You're not supposed to eat too much of it, I think a maximum of 40g maltitol. A lot of things that contain it actually have a warning on the label!
Unless the Sorbees contained sorbitol, maybe it would have a slightly different effect. What kind of sorbees candy did you eat ?(and how many!)

Deirdre Fri, May-18-01 22:06

It's the maltitol that causes the "bathroom problems". It's also in the Russel Stover candies so be careful! You're not supposed to eat too much of it, I think a maximum of 40g maltitol. A lot of things that contain it actually have a warning on the label!
Unless the Sorbees contained sorbitol, maybe it would have a slightly different effect. What kind of sorbees candy did you eat ?(and how many!)

Bonnie Sat, May-19-01 05:34

Asher's Sugar Free Mint Truffle Bar

Someone was asking about a sugar free bar that tased like the old , "Peppermint Patty" bars we used to buy, can't remember if it was on this board or not....while I was at my local Candystore that carries Ross' noticed another bar set up beside them called, "Asher's Sugar Free Mint Truffle Bar"....this bar comes in four squares attached and IMHO tastes like a peppermint patty. :cool:

Carb content per bar is 31 carbs minus the sugar alcohols (maltitol) 29 for a total of 2 E Carbs. I would think most confectionary stores that carry sugar free chocolate would carry this item but one thought comes to mind that Jody Garbe at, "Low Carb Edibles" carries some Asher's sugar free products.

:) Bonnie

numberonewendy Sat, May-19-01 06:48

Hi,

yes, I am aware of the maltitol, Doreen told me about it. I only ate three pieces of the sorbee chocolate and the running to the bathroom with awful belly aches came about 1/2 or so after eating them.

I wondered about the other chocolates if they had this ingredient in them, I was going to check when looking into them, with your information Deirdre I don't have to now. Me staying away from anything that has maltitol in it......yikes!:eek:

Deirdre Sat, May-19-01 10:25

Re: Asher's Sugar Free Mint Truffle Bar

:) Bonnie [/B][/QUOTE]
Quote:
Someone was asking about a sugar free bar that tased like the old , "Peppermint Patty" bars we used to buy, can't remember if it was on this board or not....while I was at my local Candystore that carries Ross' noticed another bar set up beside them called, "Asher's Sugar Free Mint Truffle Bar"....this bar comes in four squares attached and IMHO tastes like a peppermint patty.

Sorbee's also makes sugar free peppermint patties. I get them at Bulk Barn, A&P or they also come in little packages that I've seen at Walmart and Drugstores. They're pretty good.

I can also get Asher's products at my local chocolate store and at the "General Store" craft store.

wussypuff Sat, May-19-01 18:50

russel stover PB cups

hey all, just wanted to say i just tried one...and OH MY GOD they're heaven sent. i'm not going to eat them on a regular basis, but for the occassional "pat on the back" :) but yea, they did give me stomach cramps and other various "bathroom problems" and that was just from one :( but it's so well worth it *L*

-wussypuff :rolleyes:

Slange Sat, May-19-01 21:28

Sugar Alcohols

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and just beginning Protein Power. I saw the thread on chocolate (addicted) and was surprised to see that we can deduct that from carb counts. Is this something new?

Gotta go shopping.
Thanks ,
Shirley:)

tamarian Sat, May-19-01 21:56

Re: Sugar Alcohols

Quote:
Originally posted by Slange
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and just beginning Protein Power. I saw the thread on chocolate (addicted) and was surprised to see that we can deduct that from carb counts. Is this something new?

Gotta go shopping.
Thanks ,
Shirley:)

Hi Shirly, welcome aboard.

No, chocolate may not be deducted from carb count. There are some low(er)-carb chocolate bars available, but they still contain carbs and they should be counted. It is better for beginners to not use them, and follow the initial phase of the diet strictly. Afterwards, if you ever have the urge, these bars may be a better alternative to breaking the diet and going for the real thing. Be careful though, some actually stop losing weight on these products, while others don't.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted on your progress. :)

Wa'il

Slange Mon, May-21-01 21:43

Sugar Alcohol

Thanks Wa'il,
Chocolate is a trigger for me so best that I avoid any and all for a while.
Shirley

sherrybee Thu, May-24-01 18:15

okay.i've been in and out of this thread since rainny started it and now i'm gonna ask.........

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THESE CALLED BY RUSSEL STOVER AND WHAT DOES THE PACKAGING LOOK LIKE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i'm DIEING to try these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deirdre Thu, Jun-07-01 21:25

I found Russel Stover's Pecan Caramel clusters in boxes at Walmart. There are 12 in a box for $7.48 (Canadian). That was the only sugar free candy they had. Make sure you look for the "no sugar added" and not the regular ones, they were with all their other boxed chocolates in a Russel Stover display.

DebDaCajun Thu, Jun-07-01 21:38

I saw the Russell Stovers candies at Walgreens today with the regular Russell Stover stuff, so I gather you can probably find them any place. I was almost going to get a pecan one but I had a coupon for a diabetic bar from a magazine so I decided to get that. (I'm a diabetic, that's why I'm doing low carb.) The bar was ok but not nearly as yummy as the RS would have been, I'm sure.

Speaking of yummy, I made myself a box of sugar-free Jello chocolate pudding last night with 2 tbsp soy protein powder added, and when I tasted it tonight it tasted like chocolate mousse! I ate the whole 2 cup container in the span of an hour! :eek: I am SOOOO bad, but at least it wasn't the regular kind, right? ;)

DebDaCajun Thu, Jun-07-01 21:40

OMG! I just remembered I am a 2-3 hour drive away from a Russell Stover Factory Outlet! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm