Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ok.. here is a wierd question about feet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=30368)

K-Louise Wed, Jan-16-02 02:41

Ok.. here is a wierd question about feet

*sigh*..... i'm dreaming of the possibility of one day have having feet half a size narrower so I can buy lots and lots of glamorous shoes.. right now I have to go to large feet shops :D

Have any of you had experience with dropping shoe sizes, I'd love someone to tell me are my flippers gonna shrink any?

:p

Kim

Chrissy Wed, Jan-16-02 03:43

Oh yes it does happen, I was a size 9 ladies before Atkins, now I'm comfortably wearing a size 8. Hopefully I can get into a 7, but thats only a dream right now.

I love shoes! Especially boots! :daze:

gecolon Wed, Jan-16-02 08:59

I'm the type of person that when I gain weight I gain it everywhere (face, neck arms hands feet etc.) When I weighed 137 lbs I wore a size 6 ring (on ring finger) and a size 8 shoe. At my heaviest I wore a mans size 11 ring and a womens size 10 shoe. My fingers don't look fat, but I now where a size 10 ring and a nine shoe. So I would think that if you tend to gain weight all over then you will probably loose some of that weight on your feet too.:)

agonycat Wed, Jan-16-02 09:06

Kim,

When I got married 2 years ago, I was at my heaviest. I had to buy 7 1/2 shoes for the wedding when I normally wear a size 6 1/2. Since I have lost almost 40 pounds now, I can get my feet back into my "normal" shoes that I was wearing before my weight gain and I noticed I now have to have my wedding rings resized as well.

So your feet will get "skinny" as you lose the weight ;) I also noticed my feet don't swell or hurt anymore either. Which is a major plus!

BillT Wed, Jan-16-02 12:29

A reassuring thought

Picturing men reading this thread shuddering in fear, I'll rush to assure them that males do not undergo this sort of "across the board" shrinkage everywhere!
(Besides, how fair would that be to those who, before their weight loss, hadn't seen "it" in many years? ;))

rustpot Wed, Jan-16-02 12:33

I agree Bill. Its not the size that matters its the quality of the shoe!

lesleyc Wed, Jan-16-02 13:03

...mmm that explains why my shoes are getting floppy!
...and boys...I hear you. I have always been generously endowed "up top" and as I shrink they seem to be even more prominent! :o

......you could see some apparent growth yourselves ;)

lesley

Doodle Wed, Jan-16-02 14:59

they say Italian shoes are the best.

DawnJ Wed, Jan-16-02 18:38

Bigfoot

I had a friend tell me once about a thread on another board where the males were swearing they had experienced . . . um . . . bigger . . . feet ;) . . . on an adequate protein/low carb diet. I'm with K-Louise, at a size 9 1/2, I'm hoping for the pitter-patter of my little feet, not bigger ones! :D

lisaf Thu, Jan-17-02 11:38

On the topic of shrinkage of a less than desireable kind...I just saw an ad in Muscle and Fitness Hers for a topical ointment that contains a drug that will convince the fat cells in your breasts to not release fat as fuel. It is touted as a solution to the "I'm losing weight...which is great...but now my breasts are sagging! problem.

I'd rather have sagging breasts and 50 fewer pounds myself! Isn't that what a good bra is for?

Lisa

bsayne Wed, Jan-23-02 23:37

Smaller ehem...

Yes Kim dear, there is a smaller shoe size possibility...as I am now buying 1/2-1 full size smaller and am not 1/2 way there yet...was 7-1/2 now am 6 sometimes 6-1/2 and have gone from wide width to a medium or standard width also! I hope you experience this also!

Good luck guys but it all sounds encouraging...and ladies the sagging retreats if you start waking up those muscle....thats one of the first things I noticed in starting BFL....like where did those come from....much more managable.

Bsayne

ladybugvv Thu, Jan-24-02 14:21

Shoes

I thought it was just me! I wear 61/2 wides and I have noticed in the past week that my feet hurt because they are flopping around in my favorite shoes! Guess I'll have to go shoe shopping this weekend. Bummer! Hee! Hee!

gracie-poo Thu, Jan-24-02 14:23

boobs

I've only lost about 8 pounds or so, so far, but my boobs have definitely shrunk a bit! Actually its a good thing.....the girls have always been pretty big, but now instead of being a D (which I was in complete denial about, still stuffing them stubbornly into my 36C's)....they are a lovely PERKY C! They really perked up. I don't know if it was just the weight loss, my age (22) or the fact that I weight train a little, but I am thrilled...

PS: The lat pull is the best workout for breasts: it works the breast muscles AND the lower back. I get this annoying back roll right under the bra that I am constantly trying to get rid of.....two birds with one stone!)

Cheers!

jo_ Thu, Jan-24-02 17:12

I wear birkenstocks, so cal inhabitant donchya know :), and they are getting floppier than even I wear them! YES!! BTW I used to wear a 6 and my last birkies were an 8 so I'm hoping they will shrink more cause I could prolly wear a 7 now.
Jo

Muse Thu, Jan-24-02 20:14

All I can say is that my toes are startin' to look pretty skinny! ...Let's hope the rest follows!

smiley Sun, Jan-27-02 06:37

feet and roadmaps

I don't know if my feet are shrinking but the roadmaps on my stomach could lead me to them!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Demi Sun, Jan-27-02 06:53

Yes, have definitely noticed my shoes are getting looser.

But the plus side of this woe is wearing high heels! Have spent a number of years wearing nice comfortable low heeled shoes, because it used to kill my feet to have them any higher - used to say that it was definitely a sign of getting old, lol. Now, however, I'm tripping around in the highest heels I can find. I'm quite tall anyway, but am finding that the increase in height due to those heels is a great ego boost!

ezandreth Sun, Jan-27-02 09:14

Agee with Demi

I've also gone out and bought some cute shoes with nice kitten heels, though not necessarily the highest going. For years all these have been too tight and I also thought it was due to feet broadening with age. Now need new clothes to go with them as entire wardrobe still full of baggy size 20 circus tents.
Zan