Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Looking for Mini-Me! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=284215)

MercyD Thu, Feb-02-06 22:12

Looking for Mini-Me!

I decided a gym log would be a good plan...since part of my personal makeover is to become more physically active and be accountable for my choices.

Some current goals:
TDC Walks Toward Spring Challenge: 26 miles walking by March 21...7.5mi
Walk 1 mile in under 20 minutes: currently slightly over 22 minutes
Swim 2-3 times a week: 5 mile goal--can't start this one without swimsuit...hopefully this will arrive next week.
Our rec center/gym offers the services of a personal trainer...I need to make an appointment to talk to her about some weight training.
Exercise 5-6 times a week...get full use of my gym card :D
Learn more about Exercise and it's effect on the body

Today I walked 2 miles: 1.25 on the treadmill, alternating speed between 2.5 and 3. Then 0.75 miles around the indoor track.

Tomorrow's goal: a little work on recumbent bike and at least 1 mile of walking.

MercyD Sat, Feb-04-06 20:45

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...I was exhausted and actually asleep by 7 pm. Today I walked 3/4 mile with Moogie.

Tomorrow...walk 1-3 miles and *play* on at least one other piece of gym equipment.

MercyD Sun, Feb-12-06 17:08

It has been an awful week!!!! PERIOD!!!!

I haven't forgotten you are here, gym log, or that I need to get my butt moving...It has just been evil, depressing, and energy draining...I'm soooo happy Jason will no longer be part of my life.

Yesterday I did go to the rec center with Moogie..Walked 1/4 mile and did the elliptical 1/4 mile. Not much...but I haven't been sleeping or eating well, and I was so tired when we left...Moogie and I were both concerned I wouldn't be able to drive!!

Right now my fitness/gym goal consists of making it to the gym tomorrow to do something :exclm: Not very definite or focused...but it is a start.

MercyD Fri, Feb-17-06 16:02

:yawn: :yawn: I finally dragged myself back to the gym and I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill and .5 miles on the elliptical. I went at lunch. Now I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open. :yawn: :yawn:

I need to be more regular about this.....and get some muscle strengthening in too. And where the ****$**#** is the swimsuit I ordered...'cause it ain't here :tears: I guess I need to follow up on that too!

I'm so glad to finally be able to tell my gym log that I've done something more than be lazy :D

MercyD Sun, Feb-19-06 19:27

A Personal Best Day in Exercise

Today I did a total of 2.75 miles:

1 mile on the treadmill
1 mile on the indoor track
0.75 miles on the elliptical.

I also did 4 minutes...2 minutes at a time....on the rower. That used some different muscles!!! :agree:

Tomorrow...walk at least one mile and call about my swimsuit. :p

MercyD Tue, Feb-21-06 22:53

1.5 miles on the treadmill...first time went to 3.3 speed for a short while.
.5 miles on the indoor track.
I wanted elliptical...but they were all in use every time I checked.

I did call on swimsuit...it is backordered.

MercyD Sat, Feb-25-06 23:16

1/2 mile treadmill
1/4 mile elliptical
3/4 mile indoor track
1/2 mile outdoors

2 miles total today :)

MercyD Sun, Feb-26-06 14:14

2 miles on treadmill--1 mile 0 incline, 1 mile 1 incline; speed 2.5 to 3.3
1/2 mile on elliptical
work-out at my work gym, so I did some boxing w/the bag and gloves

free-weights 5lb each 2 reps of 10 each
1)
2)
3)

I remembered moves, but not their names...will look it up shortly

MercyD Wed, Mar-01-06 20:52

Walked 2.25 miles on treadmill today
.25 elliptical
1 mile on indoor track.

Total Mileage: 3.5...a personal daily best since starting this :)

MercyD Sun, Mar-05-06 20:14

Walked 1.5 miles today:
.65 miles elliptical..personal best on elliptical
.33 miles on indoor track (with Moogie :) )
.52 miles on treadmill...on 1 incline the whole time :wave:

MercyD Mon, Mar-06-06 20:15

Walked 1.75 miles today
.5 elliptical
1.25 on treadmill....25 at an incline of 3

MercyD Fri, Mar-10-06 20:41

Walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill today...just slow and steady..nothing fancy ;)

MercyD Sun, Mar-12-06 22:10

.75 on treadmill
.20 on elliptical
.30 indoor track
total walking miles=1.25

1.5 miles on the recumbent bike--a new experience!

MercyD Mon, Mar-27-06 23:34

Ok--I've not been to the gym or exercising or anything other than some very minor stretching exercises...can we say LAZY ;)

Today I made it to the gym:
1 mile on treadmill alternating incline between 1 and 0
3.5 miles on the recumbent bike

I had to stop as one of my knees was making itself very clear...it hadn't worked that hard for a long time and it was not happy :p

MercyD Wed, Mar-29-06 22:08

Gym today:

2/3 mile on elliptical
1 mile on treadmill
5 miles on recumbent bike in "Fat Burn" mode

20lbs Bicep Curls 3x10 reps
20lbs Tricep Extension 3x10 reps
10lbs Shoulder Press 2x10 reps

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lbahr Wed, Mar-29-06 22:21

Go Mercy, Go Mercy!!! Look at you and your gym log!!! I exercise every day now, except Sunday's that's my day off (not from diet though).

I really feel lost if I don't get my exercise in first thing every day now. I really enjoy it and it's only 48 minutes long. I have 2 aerobics class at night thru the week, but I still do my exercise on those mornings too. It's habit now because I have done it for so long.

I never would have thought I would be exercising, dieting and not smoking/drinking!!! :lol: Ok, what aliens have invaded my body and what have they done with the old me? Personally, I hope they keep me. I LOVE the "new" me!!!

Have a great evening hon....

Linda

HButterfly Wed, Mar-29-06 23:02

I just noticed you had a gym log, I started my own gym log after the TDC Walk to Spring Challenge ended. Then I jumped to the M&E thread and saw your post. LOL! Great minds think alike!

Have a great day!

MercyD Fri, Mar-31-06 21:49

Stopped by the gym today and just did a mile on the treadmill on my way to Walmart :lol:

MercyD Sat, Apr-01-06 18:25

Plum Tuckered OUT

5 miles on recumbent bike
.75 miles on treadmill
.75 miles on elliptical

Weights:

20lbs Bicep Curls 2x10 reps
20lbs Triceps Extenesion 2x10 reps
10lbs Shoulder Press 2x10 reps
25lbs Pectoral Fly 2x10 reps
25lbs Hip Abductor (in) 2x10 reps
25lbs Hip Abductor (out) 2x10 reps

MercyD Fri, Apr-07-06 18:04

1 mile on the treadmill
12 laps in the pool

MercyD Wed, Apr-12-06 20:57

1.5 miles on treadmill
.5 miles on elliptical

I have GOT to quit smoking...I would have worked out longer, but my lungs gave out :thdown: :rolleyes:

MercyD Wed, Apr-26-06 20:23

On Saturday I walked about 3 miles...it was our first really beautiful day here in Wyoming.

I walked to Sat Mass and then halfway home w/MSF

MercyD Thu, May-04-06 06:32

I did go for my 30 min walk on Monday...but these new meds have really got me wiped out. Tried to get to the gym Tues and Wed after work, but too groggy. I called the dr and she allowed me to eliminate one of the two meds and I am more awake this am. I want to walk at least 30 min every day and get to the gym 2-3 times a week.

Let's see how it goes. This week is almost a wipe-out due to the groggies, but I WILL get to the gym this week

MercyD Thu, May-11-06 17:32

I have truly been sooooo lazy. :help:

Yesterday I went to the gym and did 1.3 miles on the treadmill.

Today I'm forgoing 1/2 hour of exercise for 1 hour of intense house-cleaning.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to walk and do weights and Saturday walk and swim!

Check in later.

MercyD Sat, May-13-06 17:16

I haven't made it to the gym...but I have done intensive cleaning and furniture rearranging Thurs, Fri, and Sat :wave:

MercyD Sun, May-14-06 17:19

Went to the park with Moogie this afternoon and we did a small walk around the park...about 1/2 the loop.

Still..I really need to get back in "gym mode" ;)

MercyD Thu, May-18-06 19:43

45 minute walk outside where it was gorgeous!

MercyD Sat, May-27-06 22:24

Really bad sinus/upper-respiratory infection has shot my lungs to hell :help:

I did walk 6 blocks today in the beautiful sunshine...but was gasping for breath after that :p

MercyD Mon, Jun-05-06 21:37

Still working my way out of upper-respiratory hell ;)

Infection seems to be gone...now it is asthma :p Moogie and I walked 1/2 mile on Sunday and I was gasping for air.

I have 3 days of oral steroids and a new inhaler, so I'm armed and dangerous and ready to get back to walking :D

MercyD Wed, Jun-21-06 17:56

I haven't been doing much lately but yesterday I went to the gym and KICKED BUTT!!

I did my first "under 20 min mile"...19.5 min.
1/2 mile on elliptical
weights: bicep, tricep, overhead press, leg press, and hip abductors.
Swam 8 laps!!

Whew was I tired last night and sore this am. But it is a good feeling. I'm going to get back there Thursday :D Mercy