Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   10lb july challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=194791)

satihap Wed, Jun-30-04 00:41

10lb july challenge

hi there-

goal is to lose 10lbs in july..who's with me??

rishamoon Wed, Jun-30-04 02:01

Count me in. I'm getting married in early October and need to really get back on track so I can be at my best for the wedding. I'll reset my stats to reflect where I am starting!

*soonslim* Wed, Jun-30-04 09:32

hey...

count me in!!! want to be 191 by end of july

MISS2DOIT Wed, Jun-30-04 10:04

I'm going to try it too! At least I know if I set my sights HIGH I will be trying my absolute best. I'll weigh in tomorrow!

Thank you,
Melissa

Dinkie Wed, Jun-30-04 10:15

It's on!

Just the motivation I need! I'll be turning 35 years old this weekend....35 lbs. overweight!!! Ten pounds is a reasonable and attainable goal. I'm in! :agree:

BlitzedAng Wed, Jun-30-04 11:18

I'll give it a go. Been having a terrible time since I quit smoking.
So count me in :)

Good luck everyone :wave:

Angel

blessedbei Wed, Jun-30-04 18:21

Hello eveyone!
I would like to join the challenge for July. I think I can do 10 lbs. and this is the encouragement I need to actually do it!
I was going to weigh on the first anyway and update my stats. I think I might have gained a little when I went off this WOE a couple of weeks ago. I've been good for the past 4 days. I'll find out the damage tomorrow.
This is my first time at doing one of these challenges but it sounds like fun.

tjec1959 Wed, Jun-30-04 18:43

Hi everyone!

Count me in, I am ready to lose 10#. I weighed this morning and my Start weight will be 290 1/4 since the scales I use are at work and I wont weigh on them till tuesday again. Tammy

princess_K Wed, Jun-30-04 18:55

Count me in, I need some motivation!

Dinkie Thu, Jul-01-04 07:28

Alrighty then!

Okay satihap, you got us goin'!!! Thirty-one days to go and only ten pounds!!! We CAN do this!!!! One day at a time! I think my first step is to not let one "mistake (cheat)" mess me up for a whole day...eventually a whole week. I'm going to start over at the very next meal or snack. That's one of my biggest pitfalls. I eat something bad and then just throw the towel in with "I'll start over in the morning" attitude. That eventually becomes "I'll start over on Monday". Before ya know it...I'm gaining again. Not this time!!!! Just ONE month, ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time!

Thanks for starting this challenge satihap!!!

Terrie
:cheer:

BlitzedAng Thu, Jul-01-04 07:29

Here we go :)

Good morning everyone. I have upped my water cause it really helps in my case, and increased some physical activity. Hope you all have a wonderful LC day. :wave:

Angel

ps..... Hello all you Floridians :lol:

satihap Thu, Jul-01-04 09:55

woohoo... glad to see such motivation! we can do it!

MISS2DOIT Thu, Jul-01-04 09:58

OK, official weigh in (and TOM :() 172 -JULY 1

GOAL 162 - AUGUST 1!

Good luck to all,
Melissa

Paris Thu, Jul-01-04 11:22

Count me in! I aim to be at least 176.5 on August 1. :D I weigh every day and then average the results for my official weigh in on Monday mornings.

blessedbei Thu, Jul-01-04 12:42

:wave:
Alright! My official weight for July 1st. 2004 is 248 lbs.

:cheer: LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN ! :cheer:

satihap Thu, Jul-01-04 15:27

alright! sounds like we're a force to be dealt with! hehe. anyway, hope everyone is having a superb low carb day. 10 lbsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss whoop whoop!

i'm going back to the gym starting tomorrow =)

princess_K Thu, Jul-01-04 15:53

beginning report

Weight as of the 1st July 287lbs
Can't wait for 10ibs lighter...

Karen

BlitzedAng Thu, Jul-01-04 18:17

They allways say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to loose but Im still going to give it a serious go.Walked 2 miles on the treadmill today plus other physical activity. Good luck everyone and remember to make lc choices :)

Angel

satihap Thu, Jul-01-04 21:36

thanks for the reminder angel- remember to be thin is a choice. for some its harder to make than others. choose low carb, choose healthy and choose you!

zipetydoda Thu, Jul-01-04 21:43

:wave: Hey Guys!!!!

July 1st weight 141

GOALS:
20 CARBS OR LESS FOLLOWING INDUCTION
1200 CALORIES OR LESS
72 OZ OF WATER OR MORE
VITAMINS EVERYDAY
WORKOUT EVERYDAY M-F FOR 1HR 30 MIN OR MORE

This is a great incentive!! If I could lose 10 pounds this month I will be able to move out of induction and onto the OWL! This is a concrete but hopefully not too lofty a goal because the last 10-15 pounds are the hardest to lose.

Someone in the other thread to lose weight you can try finding your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) this is the amount of calories you used just laying in bed all day...and then eating 10-15% less than that... I did a quick google search and used a free online calculator to find out what my bmr was (turns out they have it on fitday too) and mine is 1390 so 1200 calories for me is aprox 15% less than my bmr....so at least I know that after 2 weeks I should lose at minimum 1 pound..If I'm not a total freak of nature! 10 would be fantastic in one month though.

I've had a few good days ..no cheating..but no loss either...I hope we can all resist those things that will make us feel guilty over the weekend. Everyone checking in on Monday with no cheats will get a
big congratulations!! We can do it....I keep thinking about what someone on this site quoted she said:

FAILURE IS SACRAFICING WHAT WE WANT MOST..FOR WHAT WE WANT NOW! This is also a sign of immaturity.....
See ya soon guys!!! Here is my fitday.....
zippetydoda

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...ner=zippetydoda

BlitzedAng Fri, Jul-02-04 10:25

Have a safe holiday weekend.

Good afternoon peeps :wave:

I am making sure to be prepared for the 4th of July fest.. I am making some lc dishes and snacks. Don't forget the exercise :agree: I am down 1 pound already which is giving me a GREAT start. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend :)

Angel

satihap Fri, Jul-02-04 11:18

hi guys-
well, i messed up AGAIN- but i'm not going to let it get me down. i figure i'm going to mess up but i just have to keep going. i hope everyone has an awesome 4th!

zipetydoda Fri, Jul-02-04 12:21

Hey Satihap...don't worry about your goof up....just get back on so you don't go into a downward spiral. It is so easy for me to talk I know...I am one to mess up and then just to heck with it all..I'm going to buy a whole cake and eat a whole gallon of ice cream because I've already screwed up. boy...is that stupid emotional self talk....Come from strength and self confidense! We can do this!!!

:help: Hey Guys! I wonder if we could all post our fitdays...so we can see what is working for each of us?

BlitzedAng Fri, Jul-02-04 12:30

Wish I could zipetydoda but fitday drove me insane and I started to obsess with numbers. So I just post what I eat in my journal daily.

Angel

satihap Fri, Jul-02-04 21:01

zip- thanks for the encouragement. sigh- i do it all the time. once i mess up, the rest of the day is gone. then i start binging like crazy- which is what i ended up doing today. why oh why. i went to the gym today and saw myself in the mirror for the first time in awhile and i am FATTTTTTTTTT. it made me so sad. well, i guess tomorrow is a new day right? that's what i keep telling myself. i just have to make it a good day. food is what i control..it doesn't control me- i just have to remember that. thanks guys for your support. still want to try and make july a good month. we can do it! these are my goals:
1. cut out splenda
2. cut out nuts/pb
3. cut out cheese

dunno about number 1 but i hope to make 2 and 3 a definite reality. especially the 2. i'll start fitday tomorrow...

zipetydoda Fri, Jul-02-04 21:27

Well Angel....Whatever You are doing keep it up..cause you've lost 23pounds! whoo hoo!

I am so grateful that someone on this forum posted about fitday...I was scribbling down my daily carbs and calories on scratch pieces of paper before and was pretty disorganized. When I didn't write it down..I noticed I ate more and didn't lose weight.

I thank God For summer cause I'm not as hungry when it is warm outside.

zipetydoda Fri, Jul-02-04 21:30

Oh gosh Sati wish I could give ya a big hug...cause I've been there, done that and got the tee shirt. Only what I would do is gorge and then throw it up..yuck! Then blood sugar would drop and I'd start all over again..until I was too weak and would have to go to sleep....of course I never lost weight doing this..and made me irritable and not very nice to be around.

That is why I must succeed with this diet...I can't live the other way anymore. I am so happy to have you all as support!

BlitzedAng Sat, Jul-03-04 06:46

I am never at a loss with my written food journal.I like being able to flip back some pages and see how my weightloss was coming along, what new foods slowed it down,food alergies etc..I couldn't do any of that with fitday. I did use fitday for carb counting at first butsince it didn't subtract fiber I went elsewhere. It helps so many people. But for a goof like me a Dated book right in front of me works much better. Hope everyone is having a ncie Saturday morning..
Angel

warrior Sat, Jul-03-04 06:57

I am in, infact I started on this today. want to come down to 175 by aug 1.

satihap Sat, Jul-03-04 09:30

thanks for the sympathy zip.

i had pork loin and an hb egg this morning and also a bottle of water. going to the gym in a bit. i hope to have a good lc day!