Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ok,lets start a morning exercise challenge..anyone want to join (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180613)

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 16:51

ok,lets start a morning exercise challenge..anyone want to join

me?Share your thoughts..I need motivation!!crystal

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 17:10

Hey I will join :), now that school will be over this week I can start to wake up early and exercise like i did last summer. ;) I used to get up at 5a.m. to hit the gym, by 8 I would be out the door and ready to go to work :). I used to feel great knowing that my exercise was done for the day, and I would have so much energy. So now on the days when i'm not out late I am going to make a commitment to excercise in the morning! :)

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 17:19

Great!

I am thinking that I definitely have to set a time..mmm...I think 6:00 would be great for me,thats my commitment.I am going to post my workout schedule tonight. What about you?Crystal

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 17:27

6:00 sounds great Crystal, I got home at 5:30 a.m.yesterday lol partying so If I continue this path I will have to bump my time up so i can sleep hmmm I think I will do it at 6 as well. I love doing cardio and weights in the morning. I will post my workout tomorrow as well.

Hadi

rice_boi Sun, Apr-25-04 17:51

whoooooah! how do you peepz get up that early?! hehe... i usually go to the gym at around 10am... i'm still snoring at 6am :P

hey Hadi, we pretty much have the same goals :D going to bump up my routine (but i'm kinda scared of overtraining) to 1hour lifting in the morning and 30mins cardio (swimming HIIT) in the afternoon after i'm done with exams... i want to get the 6pack by July since it's my cousin's wedding... nearly there :) also lowering my calories from 1900 to 1600

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:01

Hey man, I used to get up that early because I was so psyched about getting fitter, now its my cat that wont let me sleep past 6 lol. Plus my staying out and partying isnt helping. I am just so excited about finishing this semester off. I am going to celebrate by getting my six pack, hey lets motivate each other to get our six packs and see who gets it first ;) cool? I have the car now I have to have the body to go along with it!

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:03

Hey rice!

Nice to have you join us, even thought you will be going in sooo late;) . Can't wait to start. Hopefully I will still feel that way in the morning. Do you guys eat before you workout? Got any suggestions on that one?Crystal

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:06

Question, how do I get my profile picture up?

I uploaded it but it doesn't show on my post???

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:07

I prefer not to eat anything before my workouts because It makes me nauseaus. However I think that eating will give us more energy I dont know.

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:08

The profile picture has to be a certain size. You can upload it in the members gallery so we can see you! :)

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:12

I uploaded it, 300by 300.Can you see it?

I was hoping for it to post when I post..like yours

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:15

I still cant see it, I have a friend help me out with my avatar pics. You have to go to the personal options and you have to add your pic as an avatar once you get it to the right size. I dont really know though sorry I cant be of much help.

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:18

YEaH!!!

I got it!!thanks

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:21

You look great no problem, I'm glad I can help (if I did help :)) I just noticed our b-days are two days apart :)

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:28

I noticed that to..fellow SAG

Do you find you fit the profile? I don't really get into that stuff but it seems to hold true in many instances.

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 18:39

what do u mean?

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 18:45

Well, there are certain personality types

associated with the different signs. You are a sagitarious. Most of them are adventure seekers-especially abroad. Can't really sit still, get bored with monotony,etc..There are other things also but I am not well versed in it enough to qoute appropriately. If you strongly believe in that sort of thing, you can form stable relationships based on the typical sign of a person.Example.. You know that with person a, you can act one way and that would be okay, but person b might get offended.You get the idea. At any rate, I don't really do that, just thought it was interesting:)

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 19:04

I dont really know anything about astrology besides my sign lol, but I am all of the above :). I get bored very easily....

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 19:08

Me too..

Gotta have my mind cranking at something:) Its hard, wish I was back in school learning. Gotta love school. I think I could be a student all my life. I would love to travel more abroad. Been to Russia and El salvador. Beautiful country in both places.I think that is one of my biggest problems..boredom.Crystal

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 19:14

I will happily let you take over a couple of semesters of school for me :). I get bored with that, I am so glad to be out soon. This summer is going to be all about me. I am going to have fun, and I am going to work out and get that body that I have never had. I am very excited and I cannot wait until I become a success story. I need to find a serious job again, I worked at a bank I think I might go back who knows but I love making money lol and that is another plan I have for this summer.

cjmkam Sun, Apr-25-04 19:20

Money...aahhhhh

That is a word I LOVE. I hope to retire when I am 40. Got a couple of things hopefully will turn out GREAT. I hear you..wish I could do have all that fun and concentrate on me. I am too young to NOT be able to do that. Maybe, with the help of this forum I can find the time to be SEXY!!!:) Dread bikini season, but what woman doesn't heh?:eek: My legs are the issue...What exercises are good for that? I use to be obese so when I lost all the weight, well, lets just say mr skin fairy didn't do his job and conform.:rolleyes: Lets do it!Lets be sexy!!! No matter who is tugging at me, I am going to do it, be happy with myself and at least have ME believe that I am all that!

Hbmich Sun, Apr-25-04 19:36

Exercise for legs that i found to be the best is just running on the elliptical or on the treadmill. My legs are muscular so I dont have that problem. I just need to work on my middle half for a little bit, maybe 5 or 10 more lbs :) but they are not going anywhere. The weight loss has seized because I am an on and off lc'rber. However starting on monday (tomorrow) I shall hit the gym and do lc again until I reach goal then I will maintain this life style and continue to exercise. It's just hard working all the time and going to school all the time and not having enough time to watch what i eat and stuff. I guess I will just start off with doing some push ups until my face turns red lol maybe that will help build my chest:). I am off for the night I have to study then go out :). talk to you tomorrow

Hadi :)

cjmkam Mon, Apr-26-04 08:20

Okay,started with pilates, did 20 min and got bored. Decided to go on a walk-almost 2 miles. Didn't have time to do more. Urghh. boy it was rejuvenating! it was beautiful outside. I ran a little but I am not ready for that yet!:) Hope everyone has a GREAT day!Crystal

skibunnie Mon, Apr-26-04 09:34

I get done with school on the 6th, Ill take the challenge after that

Vanity3 Mon, Apr-26-04 09:37

Count me in, I'm way ahead of you guys. I got up for the first time at 5:30 and worked out for 20 minutes. Okay it wasn't a huge start, but I started :)

Hbmich Mon, Apr-26-04 09:47

Hey everyone whats up? I was not able to wake up early today to do my exercise I think I will have to wait after thursday when finals are over. I am currently working on my one final paper for my class grrrrr. It seems like the school work will never end. Welcome to the challenge Skibunnie and Vanity3, we will all do great!

cjmkam Mon, Apr-26-04 10:15

Welcome Skibunnie and Vanity. Hey, EVERY lit bit counts;) Glad to have you guys join us. I think the more the better! Hadi, I know its tough with school. Good luck, go away writers block~~~crystal

Hbmich Tue, Apr-27-04 16:21

Hey where are all my people? Just wanted to pop by to say hi and wish everyone happy exercising, I am off to school to take a final wish me luck :).

rice_boi Tue, Apr-27-04 17:07

hey all! maaaaaaaan crunch-time sux! have one more exam tommorow... feel so sick coz i haven't hit the gym for 3days haha... today's the end of my 36hour carb-up so i should have a lot of energy for both my exam and post-exam gym workout haha...

gotta work to my goals: -6pack (4 visible right now when i exhale and flex), and to bench 200lbs while weighing between 140 and 150lbs :) ... i weigh 149.5lbs and currently bench 175lbs... going to kill my chest tommorow (going to try out putting 2 more 2.5lb plates each side tommorow making it 180lbs wooot!)

nywayz, back to my discrete mathematics book

cjmkam Tue, Apr-27-04 19:04

Hey everybody! didn't exercise this morning because my hubby didn't wake me:) I normally take the baby during the night and that wakes me up early enough but hubby took him last night. Hes off tomorrow so I don't know how things are going to work out. Hopefully I will be able to take a really long walk! Just maybe I won't come back till noon:daze: .Good luck on the exam!!:cheer: Catch you guys tomorrow! Oh, and way to go on the weights rice!Crystal