Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Stomach fat (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177376)

tempname Wed, Apr-07-04 14:47

Stomach fat

When does the stomach fat normally start to be burnt

Elisann Wed, Apr-07-04 15:00

Everybody burns fat in different places. I personally seem to loose it everywhere fairly evenly. I did find that the first place I noticed it was in my midriff area.

I'm sure that's not much help, but it's different for everyone.

DianaO Wed, Apr-07-04 15:02

Looks like the last place will be the tummy for me. :( Oh well

Lindym Wed, Apr-07-04 15:17

My tummy is shrinking, but I have this big fat area that follows me everywhere I go!!

osuzana Wed, Apr-07-04 15:20

I lost through my face and neck and shoulder area first... It's amazing, my husband keeps telling me I look great. My stomach, is going very slowly. I still look like I'm prego. But it is getting better, as my weight is finally moving after a stall.

Paris Wed, Apr-07-04 15:29

I carry most of my fat in the tummy and it's the last to go thus far. :(

Nancy LC Wed, Apr-07-04 15:58

For me, tummy is first, hips last. /sigh I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.

NOGAINHERE Wed, Apr-07-04 16:01

all my tummy fat isn't budging! :( I'm so mad about it too!!! GRR!

Rocky_Cdn Wed, Apr-07-04 16:09

I don't know! <sigh> If you find out, could you let me know? :lol:

MikieGirl Wed, Apr-07-04 17:02

my face and my stomach, but not my lower abs, i still have a pudge. i really need some action in my thighs though.

Jael Wed, Apr-07-04 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris

Me too... :rolleyes:

MKist Wed, Apr-07-04 17:14

I'm another with a troublesome tummy. If it'd go away, I could fit into a size smaller pants. Oh well, it'll happen sooner or later. :thup:

AFwife Thu, Apr-08-04 01:14

I'm gonna start taking Relacore which helps get rid of the stomache fat.

Haven't ordered it yet but will post how it goes in my journal next month when I get it.

Good luck!

Jael Thu, Apr-08-04 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I'm gonna start taking Relacore which helps get rid of the stomache fat.

Haven't ordered it yet but will post how it goes in my journal next month when I get it.

Good luck!

This is the first I've heard of it, do you know how it works?

SusanKH Thu, Apr-08-04 07:15

It's that middle-aged roll around the middle that is taking forever to budge. Ugh!

orchidday Thu, Apr-08-04 07:39

They say that having extra weight mostly in the abdominal area is a sign of an insulin resistant body type. I certainly agree with that. Most of my weight is in the front and I just despise it. I am sure it will be the last to go.

Orchid

tcastro Thu, Apr-08-04 07:40

My stomach didn't look like it was losing fat, but when I measured it, its gone down 3 inches.

1 CRUCIAL thing that a lot of people don't do is sit-ups. The muscles in your abdomen are so distended and weak that no matter how much weight you lose, they're still going to hang loose. You have to do sit-ups and other ab exercises to tighten them up.

BlitzedAng Thu, Apr-08-04 07:51

For me it is the last area to actually "show" progress. It showed everywhere else first.

itmekim723 Thu, Apr-08-04 07:52

Truth is we burn fat evenlly all over. Even with exercise, say targeting the tummy, you will still lose all over. You can tone it up but not force the body to just lose the fat in any one place. There is no way to get the body to lose the fat in any one place over another. Now some might tell you they lost first in their face or their hands or something. It just looks this way since there is less fat there than say in the tummy. Think about it, if we could pick and choose to lose five pounds here or there, while not losing anywhere else, we would probably end up looking lopsided! So anytime you lose anything remember SOME of it came from you tummy. And sadly, for people like me who were really obese and carried most of it in the belly, it seemed to take the longest to lose the belly. This is because, like I said, we lose all over but in my case, my belly being the largest part of me, it took longer for it to start to show there. But hang in there because I am living proof it can happen!

sinergygrl Thu, Apr-08-04 07:59

If you want to speed up the process of burning stomache fat all you can really do is cardio. Crunchies and situps will condition the muscles which may make your tummy appear slightly smaller if even that. However if you are doing your cardio once you get that fat burned off you will have a nice set of abs underneath. :) My luv chuncks on my sides are usually the last to go, my boobs are def the first!

myagenda Thu, Apr-08-04 12:44

I've never taken Relacore but I have taken Relora which is suppose to basically work the same. I had great results with it. Does seem to work really well on the tummy. I have been thinking of using it again. I can't remember exactly how it works but it works with the cortisol in your body to keep you from gaining weight in your tummy butt and hips, and helps you lose weight there by releasing fat or something. You could probably do a search on it and find tons of things.

Fridaylove Thu, Apr-08-04 13:13

Face, Tummy are first for me...hips, thighs and butt are last....
Therefore pants that are too big in the waist fit lovely in the hips...such a pain.
I have started doing exercises to target those areas!

AFwife Thu, Apr-08-04 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jael
This is the first I've heard of it, do you know how it works?

Click here for more Info:

http://www.suncoastherbs.com/carter-reed/relacore.asp

watcher16 Thu, Apr-08-04 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfuhrer
When does the stomach fat normally start to be burnt

Mine is starting now at 18% BF, my legs are already quite hard en muscular. So it takes a lot of time before your stomach is STARTING to go.

Although your waist should get smaller anyway in the process before this.

watcher16 Thu, Apr-08-04 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcastro
My stomach didn't look like it was losing fat, but when I measured it, its gone down 3 inches.

1 CRUCIAL thing that a lot of people don't do is sit-ups. The muscles in your abdomen are so distended and weak that no matter how much weight you lose, they're still going to hang loose. You have to do sit-ups and other ab exercises to tighten them up.

WARNING:

I only recently found that the TVA muscle quite often stay's neglected in these ab-exercise. The TVA is the one you suck your belly in with when you pass some good looking ladies in the sauna. If it is weak, and sometimes it is even with good built BB types, your belly will protrude. Mine did, and I was terrible frustrated about this. Now I am training only this one, because I may have overtrained the front abs.

4beans4me Thu, Apr-08-04 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris

Ditto for me.. but I'm wondering if mine is just flabby skin from 4 pregnancies?? UGH.

Hilary M Thu, Apr-08-04 14:38

Watcher, how do you target the TVA muscle? I've been doing reverse situps (lay on your back, keep your legs together and straight and raise them til they're perpendicular to the ground) and they KILL my lower abs in a way that crunches/situps never did. Is that the same muscle?

idontno Thu, Apr-08-04 19:43

i agree you got to work your abs, got to have muscle tone of some type... works for me.... just keep after it
the fat will go!

tcastro Thu, Apr-08-04 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary M
Watcher, how do you target the TVA muscle?

I'd like to know as well :)

orchidday Thu, Apr-08-04 20:24

I would love to know more about this too :). Thanks.

Orchid