Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Buddy Needed, I have to lose over 100 lbs! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176567)

susandendy Fri, Apr-02-04 15:49

New Buddy Needed, I have to lose over 100 lbs!

[SIZE=7][COLOR=Black] :rose: [FONT=Arial Black]

New to Atkins, having a very difficult time, I am VERY overweight,
I took off three days this past week, because I really have been feeling weak and dizzy!
Have taken Potassium and am havig 1/2 avacado daily

IN ADDITION TO BEING OLDER,(65) AND DIABETIC .....
I AM A SOCIAL WORKER AND AN ARTIST...
I also do a local TV show of Political Satire ...

I WOULD LOVE TO CONNECT WITH A SYMPATICO "BUDDY", especially someone who has had to lose a lot of weight!!!!

swimminups Fri, Apr-02-04 15:53

Hi susandendy........I am new to this forum but not to low carbing.......feel free to pm me anytime. I dont know how informative I can be, but I can sure be your cheerleader!......I have quite a bit to lose also.

4beans4me Fri, Apr-02-04 17:14

Hiya Susan and welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you! :yay:

chefmichel Fri, Apr-02-04 17:34

Hi Susan,
Welcome to the forum. I don't have much left to lose, but I have lost 44 pounds on Atkins and I'm a personal chef with experience cooking for diabetic patients.
I'll help out however I can.
I found the first 6-8 weeks of Atkins to be a very 'trying' as I was heavily addicted to sugar. I stuck it out with some great support and overcame my hurdles. You'll find lots of support here.
Kindest, Michelle

tofi Fri, Apr-02-04 17:41

Do be sure to visit the Triple Digits Forum. YOu can find it on the front page or just use the pull down "Forum Jump" at the bottom of every page. It is specially for people who have 100+ pounds to lose, or have lost that or are losing that. So you'll fit right in. You'll love reading about people who HAVE lost over 100 pounds.

marankath Fri, Apr-02-04 17:44

:cheer: Hello Susan and welcome!:cheer:

:clap: You know, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum; :wave: and that is you will find this place a great place to get some much needed support.

The best thing is knowing that you are NEVER alone in your struggle. :cheer:

I too have a lot of Lbs to loose so believe me when I say:"I understand!!" :agree:

One of the best suggestions given to me when I joined this forum was to start a journal. It's a great place to communicate with your new friends. They can drop by anytime, see how you are doing & offer some advice and support.

Hope you drop by mine, I'd love to hear from you! :wave:

:daizy: :daizy: :daizy:

busybee Fri, Apr-02-04 18:00

Hi there,

You have come to the right place for support and help .... lots of yummy recipes too .... I am a retired social worker and also and artist, which is my full time job now .... you sure sound like you have a very busy life ... feel free to drop by my journal any time with questions ....take care and good luck1

DianaO Sat, Apr-03-04 07:10

Welcome aboard!!

bluesfan88 Sat, Apr-03-04 08:23

hello and welcome . what i found was that i got really dizzy to and was doing awful. so i alowedmyself to have a little extra carbs so that i would not be dizzy but still losing weight.good luck you are going to do great !!! :agree:
we are all here to support you :cheer:

Blulady Sat, Apr-03-04 09:03

Hi Susandendy!

Hang in there honey! You are worth it!

~Pam~

MISSRED197 Sat, Apr-03-04 11:01

Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation no matter
what LC diet your on! This place is addicting, but the good kind. LOL

Best of luck to ya!!

susandendy Fri, Apr-09-04 21:47

Thank you all for your replys , this is a wonderful friendly place!

LUCKYLADY Fri, Apr-09-04 22:19

It sure is! Stumbling onto this site was the best thing I've ever accidently done for myself! You will find plenty of support here. I too have loads of weight to lose but I'm taking it a pound at a time! Welcome and feel free to pm me anytime!

susandendy Sat, Apr-10-04 20:41

reply to Lucky lady

I would like to keep in touch with you , have you started a journal yet ? I just started one today.
I LOVE this site, and I too stumbeled into it!
love to hear from you!

eric909 Sat, Apr-10-04 23:35

Hi and welcome to the forum

charleez Sun, Apr-11-04 06:20

Hey Girlie Girl!!!
I have a lot of weight to lose too!!! Let's support each other in this weight loss and see how it goes!!! Start a journal quick and steady - it's great to do so on this forum. I just started mine and I love the support I am already getting.

Hugs :p

Charlie Girl

loserbaby Mon, Apr-12-04 16:42

I have done atkins for 4and a 1/2 months and I understand where you are coming from. The dizzy spells do get better. I felt awful for the first three weeks. This was the de-tox time. It DOES get better, don't give up. Good luck :)

susandendy Mon, Apr-12-04 19:29

this is a wonderful group!

Thank- you both for your posts!!!!!
i would love to be able to talk with you , and you come to vist me at susandendy journal?

I'm new,and could really use the support that we can give to each other!!