Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   One Carb Ketchup (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174271)

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 14:53

One Carb Ketchup

I am a HUGE ketchup addict , everything from on my eggs to all my meat. I tried Hienz new one carb ketchup and LOVE it. Although I have almost cut it out completely, this is a great alternative when I just have to have it! So for all you ketchup addicts.........

Dewi Mon, Mar-22-04 14:57

Hey Arkie,

I havent seen that one yet at my grocer. By any chance is it better than the Atkins Ketchup?

Dewi

dalejr8fan Mon, Mar-22-04 14:58

We bought some of this too. I've not had any, but dh's had it and really likes it. He said he doesn't notice a difference in the taste between that and regular ketchup!

dalejr8fan ~

spydermary Mon, Mar-22-04 14:59

I want some! I miss ketchup so much and I believe I could use that to make cocktail sauce. Where did you find it?

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 15:01

Dewi,
Much much better than Atkins..........tastes just like regular. I tossed my other and the whole family eats it now!!

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 15:02

Found it at Wal-Mart , right where all the other Ketchup is.

lynneuk Mon, Mar-22-04 15:03

Is it twice the price of the regular, as usual!?!

dalejr8fan Mon, Mar-22-04 15:13

I got ours at Meijer for $1.99/bottle.

dalejr8fan ~

eddiesgirl Mon, Mar-22-04 15:34

love it!! Tastes like regular. I was really missing ketchup when I make cheeseburgers, so thought I would try it...and it is great! I hated the Atkins brand...YUK :Puke: it was gross...always was a Heinz fan...and now I can have my cake and eat it too...hehehe

fern2340 Mon, Mar-22-04 15:36

Good to know! I saw it at my grocery store but wasn't sure how it would be.

Next time I go, I'll have to pick some up!

lovin'life Mon, Mar-22-04 16:48

I have it also and thougth it was good.

lclaura Mon, Mar-22-04 20:16

Thanks guys, ill pick some up.. i must admit i have been cheating putting a little ketchup on my burgers and stuff from time to time. I just hate eating them without it. So glad there is an alternative. The atkins stuff is icky.

cls923 Mon, Mar-22-04 21:51

Boy was this a God send reading this about ketchup! I have wanted some sooooooooo badly..I haven't tried the Atkins one because I didn't know how good it was, but now that I'm hearing about this, I'll be sure to try some of this!! Thank you

allibaba Mon, Mar-22-04 22:07

We still don't have Heinz in our area yet :( I did find some called Carb Fit and it's great, but I still can't wait to try the Heinz!!! I had the Walden Farms stuff and hated it, didn't even taste anywhere near ketchup.
Alli

Octobersan Tue, Mar-23-04 09:12

While I'm happy to have it, and use it....it is just a bit sweeter than regular ketchup....so I hope I get used to it!

JaydensMom Tue, Mar-23-04 09:18

Well I am excited about this!! I will be off to Walmart to check this out today!!! :yay:
I REALLY miss ketchup!!! :wiggle:

NYorker Tue, Mar-23-04 09:28

This means we can make cocktail sauce and barbecue sauce besides just having good ketchup!

djcarbno Tue, Mar-23-04 10:06

One Carb ketshup is fantastic! It is no comparison to Atkins. Most Atkins products I have found to be disgusting! Only $1.79 at my Walmart

Raleigh Tue, Mar-23-04 11:59

I tried it this weekend. It's terrific :) I got it super walmart

Hilary M Tue, Mar-23-04 12:04

I think Atkins Ketch-A-Tomato is excellent. I have started buying the Heinz, though, as it's half the price. I found it at Super Wal-Mart in the diet foods aisle with the rest of the low-carb stuff, not in the ketchup aisle.

FrecklFluf Tue, Mar-23-04 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYorker
This means we can make cocktail sauce and barbecue sauce besides just having good ketchup!
Ooh, you're right. I will definitely pick some up just for that, even though I'm not a big ketchup person.

Fridaylove Tue, Mar-23-04 12:42

Good to hear about a lc ketchup that tastes like Ketchup...I bought Atkins' and think it's junk. My mom bought some too and told her, you know what for as much as you eat Ketchup you can have regular, Atkins' is crap..."No one ever got fat by eating Ketchup!!"

Kris2 Tue, Mar-23-04 14:15

Hey!
I just got back from Walmart and bought One Carb Heinz ketchup. It cost $1.76. I love ketchup, (don't really care for Atkins Ketch-a-Tomato) but the heinz is really good! I can only eat beef with ketchup so I use a lot. I am so thankful for this!

lynneuk Tue, Mar-23-04 15:58

I went to SuperWalmart today but I couldn't find it? Maybe it hasn't reached upstate NY yet!

JaydensMom Tue, Mar-23-04 17:10

I just got back from the Walmart Super Center with my Heinz 1 carb ketchup!!! It was $1.83 here. And might I add that I have all ready had a taste and it is YUMMY!!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

3xmommy Tue, Mar-23-04 18:06

Wow..This is great news..I'm a ketchup addict and it has to be heinz..I love it on my tuna sandwiches and eggs and hot dogs, burger etc..I have to look around for it,,I haven't seen it..Thanks for sharing it.....

Dewi Thu, Mar-25-04 13:30

Great, Im gonna look for it the next time I shop. Id love to try it in meatloaf.

RBenz72 Thu, Mar-25-04 13:53

I love Ketchup too! Have to have it on my eggs/burgers...so I have been cheating. Didn't know Heinz had a 1/carb variety. Thanks

spydermary Thu, Mar-25-04 13:55

I found this at Wal-Mart - about a buck cheaper than the Carb-Options brand.

I used it to make cocktail sauce - it was delicious - bring on the Shrimpys

DianaO Thu, Mar-25-04 14:45

I use Keto, and its pretty good, real thick.

I will check Meijers tonight!