Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Community Yard Sale...Proceeds go to keeping POTATOFREE with us!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155626)

Drake Sat, Dec-27-03 20:08

Community Yard Sale...Proceeds go to keeping POTATOFREE with us!!!

I have a few items I want to get rid of (cough), I mean sale. I want to donate an old grainy Jack Lalanne BETA HI FI video tape, a two foot jump rope, and an old exercise bike with the seat missing. C'mon all, donate to the cause. We have to raise a little money to bribe POTATOFREE into staying with us. She is a valuable member of this family and we can't let her walk away without a fight. :read2:

golflady59 Sat, Dec-27-03 20:35

I have some nice toys I could donate to keep Potatofree here. I always enjoy the posts from Potatofree. Please stay.

FromVA Sat, Dec-27-03 20:40

I have a treadmill in the garage, in pieces, which H refuses to get rid of because "it still works" (oh, PU-LEEZE!). I gladly donate this for the "KEEP POTATOFREE" drive! :lol:

potatofree Sat, Dec-27-03 21:14

:lol: :lol:

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 21:57

Who says she has to leave us? She may change her diet a bit, but needn't leave the boards. SHeesh!
Right Tater?

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 21:58

Oh, and Barb...we know where you live! Amanda has contacts ya know!

potatofree Sat, Dec-27-03 22:07

Trust me, I'm not going anywhere. After Neener and Amanda tracked me down to the hospital without knowing my last name or where I live.... I'm too scared to go anywhere! :lol:

Seriously, even if I didn't stay lc, you wouldn't be able to get rid of me. I'm an addict.....

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 22:27

In leiu of gifts, just send her cash!

Wenzday Sun, Dec-28-03 06:41

Lol...man this thread is crackin me up!

i think she'll stay...there are even some ppl on here doing WW!

Drake Sun, Dec-28-03 08:55

GREAT!!! OUR FAVORITE TATOR TOT IS STAYING AROUND!!! I am still collecting any donations that our members have to offer. If I rummage around in my parents attic, I bet I can find a pair of pink Jane Fonda leotards and a Susanne Somers "unused" THIGH MASTER my sister once bought on a whim. If unsuccessful, I will personally donate 2 cannisters of SLIM FAST that are probably around here somewhere. The things you try when you wanna get rid of the beer belly. "I wonder if getting rid of the beer would have helped?" :doah: Thanks to the ATKINS way, I haven't bought a 12 pack or suitcase in months. Good thing this diet doesn't have many food choices near the beer section of the grocery store.

Marieshops Sun, Dec-28-03 11:25

Yeah, Potatofree is staying, but I still have some really nasty oops, I meant new low carb pasta I would love to donate to such a good cause! :)
Marie

angieK Sun, Dec-28-03 11:27

I have an old Jane Fonda exercise tape. My mother was going to use it--never did. Will this bring in lots of money. I will donate to keep potatoefree around. No one has a sense of humor like her.
angie

potatofree Sun, Dec-28-03 11:59

AngieK-- nobody has a sense of humor like me..and that's a GOOD thing. :)

Seriously, I like the way I feel low-carb, but have just been wondering about whether we should just reject any and all criticism of low-carb out-of-hand. Keeping an open mind to "negative" stories is how we learn. After all, even Dr Atkins revised the plan a few times over the years!

BTW-- I have several bottles of "Miracles" that are only missing a couple of tablets... can I donate to my own cause???

You people crack me up.... :lol:

mommatbird Sun, Dec-28-03 12:41

I have a Deal-a-meal my mother bought me. She bought us both one in hopes I would do it with her. I also have a Jenny Craig cookbook I'd like to donate.

LadyBelle Sun, Dec-28-03 12:57

I have the no will power diet and the Dr's quick weight loss solution. Featuring such menus as lobsters and martinis for lunch, or the eat once a week with a grapefruit before each meal. They have to have some kind of historical value, right?

I can also donate a ton of LC products that are sitting in the cupboard unopened or only used once :)

Drake Sun, Dec-28-03 13:19

The yard sale is starting to shape up really well. We do need a few electronics though to catch the eye of the people driving by. Anyone have any old George Foreman Grills that still heat up even though their non-stick surfaces have stopped being NONSTICK. Let the buyer have his hot burger or chicken as long as they are willing to scrape the little suckers off. Once they buy it, its theirs. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. Also any "SWEATING TO THE OLDIES" tapes for our senior citizen customers? They love Richard Simmons. :roll:

FromVA Sun, Dec-28-03 13:23

Hey! My "H" still has a Commodor 64 "computer" that he won't throw away because "it still works"! This would certainly qualify as an "eye-catcher"! It's YOURS:yay:

GabrielleG Sun, Dec-28-03 13:28

I am so game to donate. I think we still have a Dynagyme over at my mothers house. It looks exactly like the machine chuck noriss is pushing on an infomercial. It comes with a low fat diet and excercise tape. It's a pleasing lime green color and is sure to be on at least a few wish lists.

Gabrielle

nursey15 Sun, Dec-28-03 13:47

oh man if I would have known just yesterday, I put the trash out and in it was a little Forman grill exactly as explained. I got a new one while I was "Christmas" shopping. I have one of the huge ones in the cupboard tho that has only been used once. It's just to big for 1 or 2 people. I also got a new can opener for christmas (someone needs to teach my BF the "No things with cords for Christmas" rule, but the old one went out with the trash yesterday too!!!

Wait I might be able to dig them out!!

JeannieM Sun, Dec-28-03 13:52

I would be SO happy to donate...ANYTHING to keep potatofree with us. That NoDak sense of humor is always a nice additon to threads. :) :) I have a VCR that works but the tapes get stuck in it so you have to pry them out with a knife. With that VCR, I will donate a "Thinner Thighs in 30 days" and a "Super Abs Workout" tape. I don't have my Jane Fonda tapes anymore because I married a VietNam vet and those tapes and my husband could not live in the same house together -- I had to choose.

I also have a jumprope (hardly used) and a pocket-sized food fat counter.

And I'll donate lots and lots of "fat" clothes (size 16 and 18). :yay: :yay:

Jeannie

angieK Sun, Dec-28-03 14:09

I have a TV that will sell well in your sale. The tuner is gone on it. So you have to get up and tune in the TV about every 3 mins or else it just shows snow. I will also throw in my old VCR. It eats tapes every once in a while. It's appetite is mostly for video store rental tapes and also family tapes that there are no other copies for--you know like weddings,birthdays etc. Guarenteed to get your whole family mad at you--other than that it works well.
angie

FromVA Sun, Dec-28-03 14:13

Uhmm...looks like it is a good thing there is a "NO Refund, NO Exchange" policy in effect.

LadyBelle Sun, Dec-28-03 15:50

I'm sure a few of us have old slim fast or other diet shakes we can throw in. I tossed mine unfortunetly.

This is turning more from a yard sal einto diet demons of the past that are still lurking around.

I shouldn't of thrown so much out when we moved. I had a small 1 man exercise trampoline, and a huge one that sat on floor. The huge one was rescued from thrift shop and only has a few springs missing. I also had a jump roap with 1 handle missing, a bicycloe thing that was suposed to be done discretely under your desk, but wouldn't fit under desk, and an ab roller my mother somhow busted.

We can also donate old wardrobe. I'm sure we all have clothes that now look like tents on us :) We can also throw in all those tummy tuckers that just shoved the fat up in a roll under our armpits and the elastic cut off circulation to our legs.

JeannieM Sun, Dec-28-03 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
We can also throw in all those tummy tuckers that just shoved the fat up in a roll under our armpits and the elastic cut off circulation to our legs.

:exclm: :exclm: That reminds me -- I can throw in an honest-to-goodness girdle! I bought it last year to fit into a dress that I wore to my girlfriend's wedding. I don't need it anymore. :roll: :roll:

Jeannie

Drake Sun, Dec-28-03 16:14

WOW!! The merchandise is really piling up now. I have an old BIG DOG shirt I am willing to throw into the clothes pile. All it does now is sit in the bottom of the laundry basket. The caption on the back reads, "Unless You're The Lead Dog, The Scenery Nevers Changes". If you read my first thread ever here, you will see that I have grown very tired of the BIG DOG!!! So I will throw in one of those George Foreman grills with this purchase.

judyr Sun, Dec-28-03 16:41

I have 10 WW cookbooks from various different periods of their program. I have 2 point counters ( I'm a slow learner - I have finally figured out I can't stick with WW).I can also donate a small exercise tramp in really good condition except it is missing the cap off one leg. It tends to cut perfect circle into the carpet if you forget to stick magazine under it. It also tilts but that just makes it that much more exciting.

Bonzlee Sun, Dec-28-03 17:05

I have some barely used copies of Buns of Steel, Abs of Steel and Arms of Steel. They'd probably fetch a decent sum, and hopefully get some wear!

Glad to hear you're sticking around! It's hard to leave when you get so used to a place, huh?

potatofree Sun, Dec-28-03 18:02

I'll see your "Sweatin' to the Oldies", and raise you one "Country Line Dancing" and a Susan Powter "Shopping With Susan" low-fat living guide.

fourkids Sun, Dec-28-03 18:36

Okay, I have the ULTIMATE item to donate for the sale! An old outfit that my Chihauhau (Patrick) doesn't like anymore (it's a little tight on his butt) and won't mind giving up if it means helping the keeping-potatofree-with-us fund! I love her posts, as well, and although she won't remember this, she was one of the 'old' ones on here who helped me alot in the beginning when I first joined and had some really dumb questions!
Kathy
P.S. I'll even wash it first!

muweek Sun, Dec-28-03 19:04

I so want Potatofree to stay as she helped me in the beginning too! My hubby bought one of those ab rolling on the ground things from an infomercial..hurts like heck on your back!!!!
We also have tons of aerobics video tapes for those sado-masochistic types!!!
Any takers???
BTW Barb, I read about your son's recent illness and how the girls tracked you down!!!! Wow!!! Im so glad you were able to get a great doctor..a mom knows her kids and when somethings just not right!! good for you. Glad to hear he's doing better!