Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   LC Tortilla (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=154652)

Fatkat Fri, Dec-19-03 11:40

LC Tortilla

Does anyone know if they are sold in regular stores? Do you like them?

Happy Friday,
Kat

Tiawyn Fri, Dec-19-03 11:54

I get mine in the grocery store (Jewel Osco) - I love them, don't know how I could survive without 'em. (Ok, maybe not that drastic, but they really are that good, and versitile)

Skyangel Fri, Dec-19-03 12:10

I get mine at the grocery (Safeway). They are really good and I use them for quick meals. One of my favorite is using it for a personal "pizza": spread on a couple of Tbls. of tomato sauce, some pepperoni and grated mozzarella and nuke for a minute or so. Yum!

I also use them when we are having taco night although I can't get them to get crisp in the oven. I have heard that you can ge lc taco shells "la tiara" brand, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Mfc715 Fri, Dec-19-03 12:12

I can get my at my local grocery store (Marsh). I like them for a sweet snack. Filled with a cream cheese, splenda and cinnammon mixture, folded in half and fried in butter. Mmmmmm! They're also not too bad for taco night.

allibaba Fri, Dec-19-03 12:43

I can't find them ANYWHERE!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I can order a CASE of them from La Tortilla Factory, what would I do with a CASE????
Alli[COLOR=Indigo]

jqp Fri, Dec-19-03 12:52

I just got them for the first time from a local GNC and a store called Low Carb Crazy.

Don't know what they will do for me, hope they really have the effect of 3 or 5 carbs.

I made a burrito out of my usual stirfry of olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, cumin, potassium salt, hamburger, eggs, and cheese. It was a realy nice change of pace. Next I will try a more mexican flavor as I love Mexican food.

I have some frozen and the rest in the refrigerator. You could prbably keep the case in your freezer.

peiqinglon Fri, Dec-19-03 13:00

Try Albertson...I found mine there.

tampa_girl Fri, Dec-19-03 13:34

I bought mine online but will now look for them at Albertson's. I just tried them the other night, filled with "steak-ums", grilled onions and melted cheese. What a treat!

Fatkat Fri, Dec-19-03 14:22

Thanks everyone.

Mabel Fri, Dec-19-03 14:46

You guys inspired me. I went to a low carb store at lunch and bought the larger size wheat ones, and I'm looking forward to making sausage and mushroom pizzas for dinner!

BlitzedAng Fri, Dec-19-03 14:54

they are greta for n egg and cheese sandwich too :)

Nille Fri, Dec-19-03 15:06

Allibaba

If you check out this site La Tortilla homepage http://www.latortillafactory.com/
You just punch in your zip code and they tell you where the nearest store to buy La Tortilla is to be found.

Nifty !

allibaba Fri, Dec-19-03 15:09

I did the search thing a few days ago and the nearest store is over an hour away :cry: .
Alli

pjo1966 Fri, Dec-19-03 15:10

Don't forget quesadillas... After Thanksgiving I was making huge quesadillas with generous amounts of leftover turkey with cheddar cheese. Very tasty!

rahul325 Mon, Dec-22-03 00:52

i got mine at the local Krogers.

petcrazed Mon, Dec-22-03 01:00

only place around here that sells them is vons and the health food store.

LadyBelle Mon, Dec-22-03 15:56

I can now get mine at the local Albertson's. Befor eI would have to travel an hour to the Vitamin Cottage, Wild Oats, or another health food store. Before that I would mail order them, a few packages at a time and freeze.

As for liking them, I love them. They are kind of like a chewey whole wheat taste, I would recomend heating or frying them before use, but I've always done that with all my tortillas even non-LC.

allibaba Mon, Dec-22-03 21:14

LadyBelle - where'd you order them from online? LaTortilla only sells them by the case.
Thanks,
Alli

amdevelish Mon, Dec-22-03 23:16

www.carbsmart.com thats where I got mine.

hippygal Tue, Dec-23-03 11:39

Kroger for me. They are pretty good.