Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   cheeseball (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=150706)

stacysheil Mon, Nov-24-03 10:00

cheeseball

What do you eat with your cheeseball? I usually eat crackers but that is not on this WOE.

hey_Neener Mon, Nov-24-03 10:13

celery and pepper strips? Broken LC taco shells?

MyJourney Mon, Nov-24-03 10:19

take the LC tortillas put a little olive oil and spices and bake them on stoneware till they become chip-like

yummm

HogarthNH Mon, Nov-24-03 10:28

Cucumber slices!

4beans4me Mon, Nov-24-03 10:28

It is really yummy spread on cucumber slices :)

4beans4me Mon, Nov-24-03 10:29

LOL Hogarth! You must have beat me to it by a second or two ;)

hey_Neener Mon, Nov-24-03 10:30

Cukes sound nice and fresh too!

kyrasdad Mon, Nov-24-03 10:34

How about Atkins crunchers? I'm not much of a fan of those on their own, but with queso, they aren't bad.

adkpam Mon, Nov-24-03 10:48

My husband likes zucchini slices.

stacysheil Mon, Nov-24-03 12:44

thanks so much for your ideas, I will try them. I have access to the lc tortillas but not any of the atkins food. Too bad there isnt a health food store around me. I have just found out that I like zuccini so maybe I will try that too. Seems like this woe has changed my taste buds because I even eat broccoli and cauliflower now.

sonnofa Mon, Nov-24-03 13:10

I don't mean to be dense... but what exactly is a cheesball? Is it the thing that has nuts or somthing covering it? Me so dumb :)

sunnywey Mon, Nov-24-03 13:27

Raw cauliflower.
I often eat raw cauliflower dipped in french onion chip dip, too.

JeannieM Mon, Nov-24-03 13:38

Microwaved pepperoni slices. They get hard and crunchy in the microwave and then you can scoop stuff up with 'em. Just make sure you microwave them covered with a paper towel because otherwise they're too greasy.

Gawd, I LOVE this WOE!!! :wiggle: :wiggle:

Jeannie

hey_Neener Mon, Nov-24-03 13:51

yes-a cheese ball is a mix of cheeses (usually with cream cheese) and some spices and rolled into a ball-then in nuts, green onions, chopped peppers or other stuff that takes their fancy. Yummy on butter crackers! Dang!

sonnofa Mon, Nov-24-03 14:21

Thank you incredible shrinking Neener :) I have become a cheese addict thanks to this WOE and will defintly have to look for one of these magic pills in my area.

Marieshops Mon, Nov-24-03 17:41

stacysheil,
What part of Kentucky? I lived in London, KY for a year. It was an unusual time and place. Definately no health food stores, but have you looked at drugstores? My CVS has a bunch of Atkins stuff including all the crunchers. Eckerds also carries some. Keep checking your grocery store too, here they put stuff in weird places. At the local Piggily Wiggily store they started carring Atkins in the floral department! Good luck shopping and I think I am going to try the cucumbers with some stuff now. :)
Marie

beachmum Mon, Nov-24-03 17:45

Cucumber slices are my first choice too. Great with salsa as well!!!