Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Wanna join me on Oprah? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144129)

kellyp Tue, Oct-21-03 07:08

Wanna join me on Oprah?

Hi Everyone,

Okay, I know this may sound crazy, but it's not the first time and it won't be the last. I am full of dreams. I am just wondering who of you would love to reach your goal weight and meet on the "Oprah" show in the future? Wouldn't that be awesome? I mean, we would get to finally meet each other face to face and show everyone our success thanks to LCing. We could get those huge blown-up pics of us to burst through and show other over-weight people that it really is possible to break the chains that have been holding us all down. I have always loved Oprah and know if we contacted her she would be game. Thing is, how long should we give it and who wants to join me in my dream. Now THAT is a goal I'd like to shoot for!

Any takers? :yay:

TerryLynne Wed, Oct-22-03 05:56

Hey there, You know you can count me in!! :agree: Sounds like a great idea:) Does Oprah pay our airfare and hotel? Sounds like an awesome reward trip after a LONG journey... Plus just think how many people we could inspire!! LC can never get too much positive publicity!!!! The more publicity, the better for us (more products available):dazzle: So, I have quite a few pounds to go, I guess this will be a long term challenge! but I'm up for it. Put me on your list. :read2:

:sunny: Blessings -

rishamoon Wed, Oct-22-03 06:03

count me in! I've always wanted to be on Oprah... LOL!!! It would be awesome to meet people who have been so supportive and helpful. :)

kellyp Wed, Oct-22-03 10:12

GREAT! And we're off! Terry, I don't know if Oprah would pay air-fare??? I would think so...but then again, you're not EVER getting me on a plane!!:) I think I'll take the bus, thank you very much.

Nice to meet ya Risha. Yes, I've been an Oprah fan ever since she came on the air. She is a very compassionate lady. Thanks for joining in OUR dream!

Take care,

bcadieux Wed, Oct-22-03 10:22

I'll be glad to join you and I live here
Just let me know when.
She's had a few issues with weight. Up and down, on anf off.

TerryLynne Wed, Oct-22-03 10:24

Wouldn't that be awesome if WE inspired Oprah!!! Oprah finally beats her weight demons on Atkins!!!!!

Quest Wed, Oct-22-03 10:56

I don't believe Oprah will ever do anything public to support low carb dieting. She has made enemies in the meat industry with her negative remarks about mad cow disease. I think she will "steer" clear of any pro-protein publicity, regardless of what she is eating.

jedswife Wed, Oct-22-03 13:07

i am for it. when do we leave??

kellyp Wed, Oct-22-03 16:39

Hmmm...she's had The Heller's on her show before, so I'm optimistic. As far as a date, what do you all think? Maybe, give it a year? Like around Thanksgiving/Christmas season?? If we're not all at goal weight, we will for sure be MUCH thinner. Just a thought.:)

Quest Wed, Oct-22-03 16:55

Maybe you're right, Kelly. Go for it and let me know!

Atkins05 Wed, Oct-22-03 17:03

Oprah's my Favorite..... count me in :-)

bcadieux Fri, Oct-24-03 12:02

I just read Dr. Phil's take on low carb diets on Low Carb War Zone and based on that I don't think Oprah would have us since she's a Dr. Phil groupie

sknymonkey Sat, Jan-10-04 19:28

Maybe we could have a showdown with "Dr." Phil. I'd be happy to go up against him any day. I watched part of one his shows about his weight loss challenge group, and I wanted to reach through the TV and smack him. The way he treated those people was so awful. They might lose some weight, but their self esteem seems to have plummeted. Maybe he thinks he has to act like an a**hole to make the show more interesting.
No program claiming to help people should involve public ridicule. He was treating them like stupid, untrained dogs! I can't imagine thier sucess will last.
Just put me in a room with him!! Televised or not, I'd love to give him a piece of my mind!! :bash:

mcadeowner Sun, Jan-11-04 13:44

I wonder if Oprah would give me a hug
heheheh
Oprah is HOT!

TAK Sun, Jan-11-04 16:58

Boy, Mcadewowner, you are doing great! I think everyone would like to hug you, including Oprah! All of you on this thread are doing great - I think Oprah is a weight loss junkie so if a bunch of us had great success and wanted to tell our stories, she might be game.

This week's People featured people who had lost a lot of weight with all kinds of methods (except surgery). (At least one was a low carber).

Personally, I did lose 40 pounds with eating low fat, but I switched to low carb to lose the last stubborn 60 pounds. I'm in a lot better mood on low carb than I ever was on low fat! We could certainly be experts on the pros and cons - I like the idea of challenging Dr. Phil!

Keep up the great work!

Teresa

Msparis Mon, Jan-12-04 16:53

This is a great idea! I started an Oprah Show Challenge on another LC board that I post on and we have a daily thread. Right now we have about 15-20 dedicated people who post at least 4 times a week or more and I have someone I can email to directly at the Oprah Show. If you are interested, just click on my signature. You will be taken to the challenge rules and information thread which is on another low carb website.

Msparis

mcadeowner Mon, Jan-12-04 21:01

I did well with low fat too back in the day, but i gained that all back and some moe. A whoole lot moe

OPRAH OPRAY OPRAH
I dont think that stedmen would like that though.
cause i would wona squeeze ofry!
hehehehehehe
JT

want2bfit Mon, Jan-12-04 21:19

Is it too late for me to join? Would love to meet all of you in person!! Go shopping, do lunch, get really silly and help people along the way. What could be better! Blessings, Maureen

tlmarshall Fri, Mar-12-04 02:50

How are you guys doing on this?? I hope you get there because again today Oprah featured a woman who lost 100lbs after her gastric bypass.

Just for once I'd love to see another angle to her lose weight shows.....

HeMe2Kids Fri, Mar-12-04 04:15

Well, I still have a "weigh" to go, but dont leave me out! I am going too, I will pay my own way just to be there.

dreamnfae Fri, Mar-12-04 10:02

oh oh oH,,, i WANNA GO TOO!! I LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEE me some OPRAH!!