Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Bryers Low Carb Ice cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142604)

BelmontLil Mon, Oct-13-03 07:01

Bryers Low Carb Ice cream

I checked this weekend at the local Shop Rite store and voi-la! There it was. i bought vanilla.

A serving size is a half cup. 4 net carbs.

It tasted pretty good and fixed my cravings, which I am now realizing is a Sunday, watching football and sports trigger I must have...

I had pretty much stayed in the induction for the last 8 weeks, but I seem to be trickling off and have started to eat nuts and some berries here and there.

I think I need to be better about counting my carbs as I move out of induction. For some reason induction feels "safe", as I know whats on the list of foods by heart.

I feel blue today for some reason :-(
I think I've been missing my exercise too much too...
*slump... sigh*

ICountToo Mon, Oct-13-03 16:57

Ok - I have a box of this in my freezer. Mine is Chocolate. I'm putting off opening the box. I am still working on portion control. If it's good - I might want the whole thing.

I agree - induction feels safe, you can watch the scales go down and know you're doing good. I just bought the ice cream so if I "had" to cheat - it would be a safe cheat.

maryc Tue, Oct-14-03 09:39

I'm hoping to see that Ice Cream here in my stores. Maybe soon. Bryers is the only Ice Cream that my DH likes. :)

hey_Neener Tue, Oct-14-03 11:05

The Bryer's LC icecream with chopped nuts, SF choc syrup and rediwhip! Yum, I'm in heaven! 8-10 carb max heaven!

serrelind Tue, Oct-14-03 11:09

i threw away half of the strawberry ice cream carton yesterday. it's one of my binge items. i feel much better now because of that. i realize there are things that i cannot handle in moderation. so the safest thing is not to go anywhere near it.

but that aside, i did really enjoy that ice cream. :)

LCchickFL Tue, Oct-14-03 13:57

You probably can't handle it because is has SUGAR in it. High Fructose Corn Syrup and milk are NOT allowed on Atkins in any phase. Check those labels, it's not just the total carb count that matters.

ICountToo Tue, Oct-14-03 15:40

I'm eating it.

BelmontLil Tue, Oct-14-03 16:25

I guess I didnt read the label well enough... And I swear we just had a thread here talking about it!

Great... excuse me while I just sink a little farther into my depression today....

Wenzday Tue, Oct-14-03 19:44

ohhh...dont be depressed! it's SOOO GOOOOOD! :) its awesome that the big companies are making tastely things we can have here and there!

:) cheer up! You are doing FABULOUS...are starts are about identical! lol I just lowered mine today after a woosh that was long overdue..but I had weight this much 2 weeks ago too so I went up a little then down again... and it wasnt the ice cream! ;)

BelmontLil Wed, Oct-15-03 06:28

Thanks Wenzday. I think my body was playing catch up, and I havent weighed myself in about two weeks.

Hopefully I'll catch up to you!

Its so hard sometimes! I am just having a bout of "Yep, I'm still fat" blues, and "this is going to take forever" depression.

I know I am headed in the right direction, and this is a long haul thing!

Quest Wed, Oct-15-03 06:57

Aw Lil, I'm impressed that you can wear size 18 pants (read that in Wenzday's journal). I'm 5'0", 216 lbs and wearing 22s. I remember wearing 18 when I weighed around 170....by that weight you will be an 8!

I bought some Breyer's CarbSmart vanilla a couple of days ago and tasted it. I thought it was ok but had a "fake" aftertaste, kind of like Cool Whip. Nothing a little chocolate syrup couldn't cure, but I'm not going down that road yet.

ms.michele Wed, Oct-15-03 07:06

Quest,

Try the chocolate. When it starts melting - it tastes and feels like a Wendy's frostie!!

Yikes!

Leenie Wed, Oct-15-03 11:10

I bought the strawberry, made myself a nice big bowl and 1/2 way thru it read that it contained High Fructose Corn Syrup - OY VEY!!!!!!

My dreams are shattered........... :(

hey_Neener Wed, Oct-15-03 11:30

No big bowls allowed! The serving size is 1/2 cup for 4 carbs. I go for a cup max so I can still eat some veggies during the day.

Quest Wed, Oct-15-03 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.michele
Quest,

Try the chocolate. When it starts melting - it tastes and feels like a Wendy's frostie!!

Yikes!

Uh oh, Michele! For better or worse I have only seen vanilla locally so far!

Wenzday Wed, Oct-15-03 18:32

NO NO try the FUDGE BARS>>>>>>> you get more with fewer carbs and they are soooo yummy and creamy! YUM YUM YUM YUM :D

MKay Wed, Oct-15-03 18:54

I have tried the chocolate and the vanilla. The chocolate is really good- not a strong chocolate flavor. The vanilla was fair. I'm not wild about the vanilla bean "flakes" in the ice cream plus I thought it had a "fakey" taste. What does the strawberry taste like??? I was afraid to buy it because sometimes strawberry flavored items have a fake strawberry taste.
Thanks in advance.

Wenzday Thu, Oct-16-03 09:21

well its very mild strawberry...i dont normally like strawberry ice cream but i love this one..its very pale pink...not like the picture on the box! lol

EmyAmber Thu, Oct-16-03 09:29

We have a SF Bryer's here but it's 10 carbs for 1/2 cup until you deduct the sugar alcohols-Does Bryer's make a SF ice cream AND a Low Carb one?

Still, this is the lowest carbed Ice Cream I've seen except for Atkins, and Atkins is WAY expensive.

And are the fudge bars by Bryer's too???

Thanks From Emily

hey_Neener Thu, Oct-16-03 10:48

Bryers does have the two varieties. Go for the Low Carb one.

Chantel30 Thu, Oct-16-03 13:31

Since today is Boss's Day. I purchased a apple pie for the office along with vanilla ice cream. And for those of us who are LCing I mad the LC cheese cake and got the Breyers LC vanilla ice cream. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!! all of us did. It tastes just like the real thing! We were all very pleased. That is if you like vanilla beans in your ice cream and I most certainly do!

Tedmom Sun, Oct-19-03 07:52

We had the Low Carb Breyers chocolate ice cream last night and it was great. Leaps and bounds better than Atkins Endulge, although I like the fact that you can buy the Atkins in the single serving cups for portion control. Even my daughter and DH tried it and thought it was indistinguishable, if not better, than their high sugar version.

Nibby Mon, Oct-20-03 16:08

found it at Walmart....

I found the Bryers icecream at Walmart grocery store today in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.
I'm more concerned about the carb count and what my blood sugar does than the minute bit of corn syrup and milk.
Hey cheese is made with milk and I eat alot of cheese.
Guess we have to go person to person to see how it affects an individual.........
Nibby