Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Whoever suggested.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138188)

hidees13 Fri, Sep-19-03 11:29

Whoever suggested....

Whoever suggested whipped cream and peanut butter whipped together is a genius!

I did this, this morning and put it in the fridge for a little afternoon scack. Oh man, it so rich and creamy. I love it!

I suggest it to everyone!

Whoever you were.. thank you!

skibunnie Fri, Sep-19-03 11:37

I like to take like half a block of bakers chocolate, melt it, and mix it in, it is soooo good in coffee!

Birddog Fri, Sep-19-03 11:42

hidees13. Peanut butter and whipped cream sounds good. Do you have a recipe? I would love to try it. :)

hidees13 Fri, Sep-19-03 12:16

No official recipe, i just tried mixing it up.. after someone else on here said they did it.

Just took 2 large tablespoons of whipped cream, and put in probably a table spoon or spoon and half or PB.. then stirred it up.. it gets really rich and creamy.. kinda a nice camel color. I dunno if there is an official recipe. But it was excellent...It helped with those cravings i sometimes get after dinner for something "rich" tasting.

Skibunnie.. chocolate sounds excellent. I thought about that after i was done. lol.

hidees13 Fri, Sep-19-03 12:17

Oh yeah, i also added a packet of spendla.. :)

skibunnie Fri, Sep-19-03 12:17

or chocolate peanutbutter mmmmmm

manucpa Fri, Sep-19-03 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidees13
No official recipe, i just tried mixing it up.. after someone else on here said they did it.

Just took 2 large tablespoons of whipped cream, and put in probably a table spoon or spoon and half or PB.. then stirred it up.. it gets really rich and creamy.. kinda a nice camel color. I dunno if there is an official recipe. But it was excellent...It helped with those cravings i sometimes get after dinner for something "rich" tasting.

Skibunnie.. chocolate sounds excellent. I thought about that after i was done. lol.

You say whipped cream i.e. do I whip it first ,or do you mean whipping cream i.e unwhipped ? I'm guessing unwhipped... I'm trying to imagine trying to whip 2 tbs of cream :)

hidees13 Fri, Sep-19-03 14:27

Oh i see...

No i did it the unhealthy way... well the less healthy way. I used already whipped cream. The kind from the store.. lol, in the tub. The kind with 2 carbs in 2 tablespoons. and then added peanut butter and then just whipped it by hand.. ie: stirred it up..

Hope that helps.

Beadworker Fri, Sep-19-03 15:10

I just add whipping cream and splenda and stir till nice and smooth. I put a little raspberry syrup in once, that was also good.

Swoozie Fri, Sep-19-03 19:27

Another great snack is carbolite chocolate chip cookie, and put redi-whip chocolate whipped cream on top...it takes away those cake & icing cravings!!
Suzy :)

potatofree Fri, Sep-19-03 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidees13
Oh i see...

No i did it the unhealthy way... well the less healthy way. I used already whipped cream. The kind from the store.. lol, in the tub. The kind with 2 carbs in 2 tablespoons. and then added peanut butter and then just whipped it by hand.. ie: stirred it up..

Hope that helps.

Depending on what kind of peanut butter you used, it may add up to more than five grams of carbs for very little food....I highly recommend making your own...

I whip the cream almost all the way, add some sweetener (such as davinci vanilla sf syrup) drizzle in a spoon or two of natural peanut butter. It'll turn nice and mousse-like.... I top it with a bit of Walden Farms 0carb Chocolate syrup. It makes more than one serving, so I freeze the rest!

Epattib Sat, Sep-20-03 07:39

I whip mine with a scoop of Chocolate Keto pudding mix. It's even better the second day, after sitting in the fridge. I have also frozen it to help take ice cream cravings away.

Birddog Sat, Sep-20-03 08:54

Thanks for all the different recipes. I am most definitely saving this thread. I want to try them all.

Mossling Sat, Sep-20-03 13:39

Oh! Sounds like a chocolate peanut butter fudge ice cream sundae will be in one of my menus...whipped cream, peanut butter, and a half bar of Ross dark chocolate (melted before adding it in) beaten together and poured lovingly over LC ice cream. Shades of my youth!

Jude

Sbear Sun, Sep-21-03 08:04

Try making jell-o with cream cheese. SF lime jello, mixed it with cup of hot water. Mix 8 oz. cream cheese (more or less depending upon your preference) with a couple teaspoons lime juice and a bit more water.. Mix that together with a mixer, then pour in the jell-o. Refrigerate.

Also yummy with strawberry jell-o, minus the lime juice of course. :)

Breaks the blandness of plain jello. And the final result is very rich tasting.

Top with a little whipped cream before eating.

Shirley

Tiff Sun, Sep-21-03 09:49

The SF lime jello and cream cheese mixture has become almost a daily snack for me lately. It is so good and filling. I take 1 box SF lime jello, prepare per package and add 4 oz cream cheese (softened in microwave), mix and refrigerate. Soooo good!

smurf Sun, Sep-21-03 09:54

I am going to try the lime jello thing, I usually mix lime jello powder with cottage cheese and a couple of tablespoons of cream.... but the cream cheese sounds way better!!!

cheers,
Judi

Samuel Sun, Sep-21-03 15:23

Mixing sugar free jello and whipping cream is the best since the combination contains ZERO carbs.

By the way, when you buy whipping cream make sure the label reads "Total carbs=0/seving". Some of them contain 1 gram / teaspoon serving which means 16 grams in the smallest pack.

want2bfit Sun, Sep-21-03 15:35

Shirley,
My children bring the jello/cr. cheese to school everyday. When we started eating lc I came across this recipe and thought it is the perfect replacement for yogurt. Maureen

islands2b Sun, Sep-21-03 18:46

jello and cream cheese question

Is there a recipe or do you make the jello according to package directions then add cream cheese? It seems to me that it would be hard to set up if you did that, however I am a terrible cook so what do I know LOL!!

want2bfit Sun, Sep-21-03 19:25

Dear Island,

Soften 4 oz. cream cheese then use a hand mixer until the lumps are out. Prepare 1 box of jello according to directions. Slowly pour jello into cream cheese mixing to keep it smooth. Pour into your container and chill until set. I went to the party store and purchased 4 oz disponable containers and lids (take out salad dressing size). I get 7 servings (I don't fill to the top). They taste just like Yoplait custard style yogurt. My children take them to school everyday. Works great when doubling the recipe too. When making it with orange jello its comes out tasting like a creamsicle. I know you can do this. Enjoy. Maureen

Froufie Sun, Sep-21-03 19:37

Whipping cream definitely has carbs, even if it says O carbs per serving. check on fitday...I think 1 cup has about 1.6 carbs? The sf jello is minimal but still .4 carbs per box.

Froufie