Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Test Tonight!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131606)

fishburg Tue, Aug-19-03 10:07

Test Tonight!!!

Today is my daughter's 12th birthday. :Party: She wants a Carrot cake with cream cheese icing!!!

I have been cheat free for over 40 days!!! I have not had any bread, sugar or other high carb products!!! I also have avoided all low carb candy!! I have been making all my own foods ect.....

She wants a Carrot Cake ... ok she is a good kid!!! But I will not make it!!! I ordered a fresh one made today - hubby will pick it up on his way home tonight (he will most likely pick up ice cream too) :cry: .

I WILL NOT BE TEMPTED!!!! :nono: I WANT TO LIVE!!! I CAN NOT AFFORD ANY SET BACKS!!!

I hope that I pass this test!!! (last night I skipped my mother-in-laws spagetti)(just had salad)

I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN

manucpa Tue, Aug-19-03 10:11

You can do it ! Remember nothing tastes as good as skinny feels !!!!!!!!!!!!!

skibunnie Tue, Aug-19-03 10:11

You can do it! Go to the store, buy some low fat candy, just in case you get tempted! My birthday is soon, I dont know if I should cheat or not, I love orange chiffan cake so much, blah!

LadyBelle Tue, Aug-19-03 10:24

Buy a copy of "500 Low-Carb Recipes" She has a recipe for LC carrott cake with cream cheese icing :)

I like her book because unlike quite a few others I have, she also has large sections for main dishes soups and so on. The others seem to focus on LC sweets.

prmichel Tue, Aug-19-03 10:26

Good luck!

hippygal Tue, Aug-19-03 10:27

You can do it. Once I broke down and had a piece of carrot cake after about 2-3 months without sweets and BOY did I pay the price. You will get a nasty stomach ache from it. It is too much of a shock on your system. Just think about that before you dig in!

saltnpeppa Tue, Aug-19-03 11:03

definately have something for yourself around so you don't feel like you're missing out.

make all the carrot cake eaters feel like they're missing out on YOUR LC treats! :D (in a fun way)

Sela Tue, Aug-19-03 11:04

Quote:
Go to the store, buy some low fat candy, just in case you get tempted! -skibunnie

You mean Low-CARB candy ;)

harleydee Tue, Aug-19-03 11:14

Buy a low carb treat that you don't normally have. That way, you can have something that tastes great without the guilt and stomach ache! Just think about how good you'll feel tomorrow if you don't eat any!

Good luck!

94513 Tue, Aug-19-03 11:21

Maybe if you drink so much water that your eyeballs are floating you would have less impulses to induldge?

That is my contribution.

best luck!

fishburg Tue, Aug-19-03 12:09

Thanks Everyone for the support!!!

I have to drink plenty of water and remember that skinny tastes better!!!

I will also plan this better next time and bake a low carb desert or maybe have a low carb candy bar on hand!!!

I Know I Can I Know I Can I Know I Can I Know I Can!!!!!

(6 hrs and counting until carrot cake!!)

potatofree Tue, Aug-19-03 13:36

You're smart to not attempt homemade.. the baking small ALONE would make me gain...(Carrot cake is my favorite....)

I've made a pretty passable pumpkin pie substitute, and I'm working on the carrot cake. I'm thinking pumpkin tastes similar, and is lower-carb than carrots, I think. Hmmm.... I'll have to play mad scientist.....

LCalamari Tue, Aug-19-03 14:35

You can do it!!!! Carrot cake is my favorite as well... Good Luck on the test, I am certain that you with Ace it!!

Isiar Tue, Aug-19-03 15:50

Buy your favorite low carb treat and eat it instead!
Good luck! I know you can!
Isiar

fishburg Wed, Aug-20-03 05:14

I Did It!!!!!!! :yay: I Did It!!!!!!!!! :yay: I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! :dazzle:

I spent the night in a house with Freshly Made Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing without even taking a nibble!!!!! :Party:

I even clean up the plates afterwards and did not even take a little taste!!! :wiggle:

This morning I reached a mini-goal!!! Down to 255!!! :roll:

Thin does taste better!!! :angel:

Now how to survive with left over carrot cake! :rolleyes:

saltnpeppa Wed, Aug-20-03 05:46

Let me be the first to congratulate you!
That's great that you didn't have any, and you should feel wonderful to be true to your goals!

Now, get that cake outta there! Give it away!!

94513 Wed, Aug-20-03 09:31

good job! and good for you!

potatofree Wed, Aug-20-03 15:28

Good job!

Leftovers are a special kind of evil.... "share" with the neighbors, give the kids permission to pig out just to get RID of it... or convince yourself it's STALE now....lol

LCalamari Wed, Aug-20-03 15:46

Congratulations!!! Good for you and what a nice reward you had today reaching your mini goal... now get rid of the leftovers.. :lol:

Stardust Wed, Aug-20-03 15:54

Wow, you did so great! Give yourself a great big pat on the back.

Mossling Wed, Aug-20-03 18:27

Congratulations--for both achievements!

Jude

fishburg Thu, Aug-21-03 06:07

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!