Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Ice pops (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129899)

toeie Mon, Aug-11-03 19:25

Ice pops

Found sugar free popsicles today, with no sugar, and 3 carbs a pop........Sound kosher? They good when ya want something sweet i guess and they are nice and cold and refreshing.......Think one a day or one every couple days would be detrmental? I figured it would cure my sweet tooth, but who knows hehe.....Anyone else had any?

Shazzer Mon, Aug-11-03 20:10

When I babysat my neice, I couldn't find much to eat so I decided to have a sugar free orange popsicle I found in the freezer. It tasted just like a regular popsicle! I can't remember the brand and couldn't find any equivalent when I went shopping. But at 3 nc I was really happy.

fishfish Mon, Aug-11-03 20:26

I am a frozen treat freak. Could you possibly tell us what brand they are and/or where you got them? Thanks.

toeie Mon, Aug-11-03 20:36

Sure! I live in Florida, but i am assuming u can get these at any grocery store....they are "popsicle" brand.....I think SF jello is ok on induction, so im assuming some SF ice pops coukdnt hurt eh? They are really good!!!!!
Here is the link to the site so u can see what they look like, im sure you will recognize the brand.....Enjoy!

http://www.popsicle.com/treats/trea...freefatfree.asp

fishfish Mon, Aug-11-03 20:55

Thanks for the quick response, I will look for them out here on the other coast.

lcmema Mon, Aug-11-03 21:03

Fruit 2 0 ice

...is a great frozen treat too.

jesdorka Mon, Aug-11-03 21:31

'Mr Freeze' makes a sugar free freeze pop ~ 1.4g carbs each.available at walmart and other stores that i can't recall right now.

JeannieM Mon, Aug-11-03 21:32

You should be able to find them in the popsicle section of the grocer's freezer. I've seen them in just about every grocery store I frequent.

And they ARE good...a real treat when the thermometer hits 105 degrees. :daze:

Jeannie

verniebird Mon, Aug-11-03 21:43

Sugar Free Popsicles

I love the sugar free popsicles. I have been using them every day and it has not changed my ketosis at all. I am a recently diagnosed diabetic and must regulate my blood sugar. My blood sugar on July 25 was 330 and I now have it down to 120-130....and the popsicles did not raise my blood sugar at all. So go ahead and enjoy! Just dont eat the whole box in one sitting....they are that good.

jers52 Tue, Aug-12-03 06:38

You do need to look at what sugar-substitute is being used in the creation of these goodies to avoid aspareteme as Dr. Atkins suggests. I have heard folks mention that they use a small ice machine and DaVincis to make their own frozen snowcone goodies.

drchickon Tue, Aug-12-03 11:48

I freeze Crystal Light in ice trays and then pop tooth picks in them when they are partially frozen and make zero carb mini-popsicles... It's very nice for the dog days of summer...

flangee Tue, Aug-12-03 14:18

i made an oops last night... i thought it said .4 per popcsicle andi had 3 through out the night and when i took a second look it was actually 4 grams per popsicle! i think i was still under 20 for the day though but it scared me! they were sure good! :p

amtuamor22 Tue, Aug-12-03 17:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeie
Sure! I live in Florida, but i am assuming u can get these at any grocery store....they are "popsicle" brand.....I think SF jello is ok on induction, so im assuming some SF ice pops coukdnt hurt eh? They are really good!!!!!
Here is the link to the site so u can see what they look like, im sure you will recognize the brand.....Enjoy!

http://www.popsicle.com/treats/trea...freefatfree.asp

BEWARE.......THEY HAVE ASPARTAME IN THEM. :read2:

Erica Tue, Aug-12-03 18:54

I found some too today & they're sweetened with Splenda! :thup:

They're called Sugar Free Flavor Ice Lite (it's the kind you have to freeze yourself) but they sure are yummy.

And! it's only 1g of carb for 2 pops

Just thought I'd let everyone know :)

Angel66668 Tue, Aug-12-03 19:06

Aspartame is yummy

amtuamor22 Tue, Aug-12-03 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica
I found some too today & they're sweetened with Splenda! :thup:

They're called Sugar Free Flavor Ice Lite (it's the kind you have to freeze yourself) but they sure are yummy.

And! it's only 1g of carb for 2 pops

Just thought I'd let everyone know :)

mmmm.......i guess i'll have to look for those at the store next time I go, but it seems the peop on the East Coast have all the luck with all these low carb products. At least us peop on the west coast got Atkins Ice Cream..........finally. :p

Oh and BTW, Angel........asparatame is BAD for you. Read about it in Atkins book. :nono:

tahoch Tue, Aug-12-03 19:57

Sugar Free Flavor ice????

They're called Sugar Free Flavor Ice Lite (it's the kind you have to freeze yourself) but they sure are yummy".

Where do you find this flavor ice???? Sounds very good.