Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How much water do you drink per day? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129110)

94513 Fri, Aug-08-03 10:49

How much water do you drink per day?

I drink three litres per day and I wonder if that is too little? Currently I am on Inductions and drink only.

How much water do you drink?

Many thanks and regards,

LCalamari Fri, Aug-08-03 10:55

I drink 5 liters a day.

The rule of thumb is 8-8oz glasses of water plus 8oz per 25lbs that you want to lose.

HTH

LadyBelle Fri, Aug-08-03 11:36

Around 400oz, I think that's close to 10 liters, not sure on math.

94513 Fri, Aug-08-03 14:02

LadyBelle - how? that is like 11+ litre??

I am amazed!

peiqinglon Fri, Aug-08-03 14:07

Damn...don't u guys get sick of water after awhile? I try to drink as much as I can, but it's hard sometimes especially when your not thirsty.

mssusthang Fri, Aug-08-03 14:10

I drink a little over 100 oz a day. I don't "get sick" of water because with a dry mouth from atkins it is the best thing.

I try to drink 6 16 oz. bottles a day ... most before 7 so I don't have an uncomfortable full bladder overnight ;)

atiaran Fri, Aug-08-03 14:10

I love my water - I drink about 5 to 6 L a day. Plus I like to chew on a cup of ice at night.

RealityS Fri, Aug-08-03 15:18

ladybelle - are you plugged into an IV? how can you consume 12 litres of water a day? :eek: you must be swimming!

bet your skin looks great though...

tagcaver Fri, Aug-08-03 16:44

sailing, sailing

I usually drink anywhere from 3-4 liters a day (about 100-135 oz). Now that work has started (I'm a high school teacher) I'm using my voice alot more now. Being at home for the summer didn't leave me many people to talk to - except myself, but now I'm up teaching all day. As a result, I'm not only more active physically, but my mouth seems to be drier. I half fill 4 (500 ml) water bottles and freeze them ahead of time. At work I just fill the rest of the way with cold water and I have ice water to drink all day. I keep the bottles in my lunch box to keep my lunch cold, and keep refilling each bottle until the ice is gone. By the end of the day I've gone through three of the bottles. The fourth bottle is for the drive home. Then at home I keep drinking ice water.

I also drink a minimum of 1 liter (about 34 oz) at the gym in the morning. I take sips between each set of repetitions and refill the bottle from the water fountain as needed.

My students are pretty good about behaving when I leave the classroom frequently to go to the bathroom! But I keep so busy I usually wait until my eyeballs are singing "Anchors Away".

Joan

emerald Fri, Aug-08-03 17:11

I dink between 4 and 5 liters per day. I am in my third week and still sticking with the induction diet. Lost ten lbs week one, but nothing since, but won't give up. I am hoping for my first whooosh soon.

Love to all,

Emerald

NoSunNoFun Fri, Aug-08-03 17:26

I drink on about 178 oz of water a day. I am trying to catch up to my hero LadyBelle! lol.
And yes I tinkle all day and night long-
My skin has never EVER looked better, its funny the more water you drink the more I crave it?
Any one else?
NoSunNoFun

BluiizCA Fri, Aug-08-03 17:52

I used to HATE water. Since starting Atkins, I crave it. It helps keep that nasty ketosis breath at bay. I strive for 160+ oz. per day.

Lisa N Fri, Aug-08-03 18:05

At least 2 liters, sometimes more.

tsalinas75 Fri, Aug-08-03 18:09

My mouth stays so dry on Atkins that I HAVE to drink water..I stay away from sodas..the only other thing that I do drink, is coffee..but I drink about 200 oz a day of water..the more I drink, the more I have to have...Tamara

jun keater Fri, Aug-08-03 18:35

I drink about 4 liters a day -

LadyBelle Fri, Aug-08-03 20:11

I can not sit down and drown an 8oz glass of water, then I probably would be sick of water. Things I've found that help though are

1. The water here is nasty (I used to have strait tap at old house) so I have a Brita filter now. The refridgeration helps as well because I hate stale warm water.

2. I have a large hospital cup (64oz) I just keep refilling throughout the day while I'm at home. I continually sip so I don't really have to force myself.

3. On walks or trips to the store I refill my large water bottle (1.5 liter). This means I always have water handy for when I get thirsty.

4. I limit myself on other drinks. I only have 1 diet rite every few days. In the morning I will usualy have a cup of coffee and take a drink of water after each sip of coffee. I will occasionaly have tea in the evening. I found anymore alcohol makes me really nausious, so that is extreamly rare.

My skin has improved a ton and as longas I watch my salt I think my water retention is un der control. Yes I do pee alot though :) Another bonus to my drinking a ton more water, is my kids are also drinking more. My son has always liked water, and now that I have my bottle with me he can constantly get drinks too. This is really good for the hot summer wheather when we take our walks. I don't have to worry as much about the kids getting overheated or dehydrated.

tsalinas75 Fri, Aug-08-03 21:40

LadyBelle You have some cuties on your hands for sure....=) Tamara

Frederick Fri, Aug-08-03 21:47

question...

I drink lots of tea.

Tea is simply water with tainted with some leaves. So, wouldn't drinking tea be essentially the same?

joe_ Sat, Aug-09-03 05:42

i finish off 2 gallon jugs a day so 248 oz a day, more if i do a heavy gym day.

i love water tho, always have, never been much for any sodas., just water and juice even before low carb

RedheadFl Sat, Aug-09-03 05:50

I read an article yesterday that said double the weight that you want to lose and drink that much in ounces. ie. 40 pounds to lose=80 ounces. I think its a little over the top if you have more than 40 pounds to lose.

LadyBelle Sat, Aug-09-03 10:29

Quote:
Tea is simply water with tainted with some leaves. So, wouldn't drinking tea be essentially the same?

No, because many teas are duretics. You would be dehydrating yourself instead of rehydrating. Drink more water, esp for those runs, you're poor muscles need the water.

Frederick Sat, Aug-09-03 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
No, because many teas are duretics. You would be dehydrating yourself instead of rehydrating. Drink more water, esp for those runs, you're poor muscles need the water.

Thanks Ladybelle.

I do drink water after my runs, usually about 32 ounces. It's just during the rest of the day, I seem to prefer tea. Hard to imagine drinking the required amounts of water and tea. Last thing I want is to start feeling like a fish.

94513 Sun, Aug-10-03 10:22

It seams common we need to drink as much water as you can stand during the weightloss phase. When someone has reached their goal and continues low-carbing as a lifestyle it just may not be nessary to comsume the same huge amounts of water?