Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   100 pounds lost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=126689)

kenny Tue, Jul-29-03 21:43

100 pounds lost

Hi,

Just thought I would share my achievement with everyone. Went for my monthly weigh in today and have lost another 11 pounds.

That means I have lost a total of 101 pounds so far.I started on 6 Jan 2003 and set myself a goal of 100 pounds by Xmas.

I am so delighted with myself. To be honest it hasn't been difficult. I've just been very very strict with myself.

Sometimes I feel like its not a big deal,but then I think that I have lost the equivalent of 50 bags of sugar.No wonder I feel so good.

My standard of life has changed for the better. No doubt.

Still have more than 100 pounds to go, so the forum is not getting rid of me just yet.

Keep the faith with this eating plan folks,it really works.

regards
Kenny

New mini goal

140lbs (10 stone) by Xmas 2003

Operaghost Tue, Jul-29-03 21:47

Awesome job Kenny!! You are proof that this WOL works!

OG

Sterlina Tue, Jul-29-03 22:03

Congrats!!! I about fell over when I read how little time it took you to get this far..! Man, thats just incredible.. :) Keep it up..!! You are truly an inspiration.. :)

josiekat Tue, Jul-29-03 23:13

Way to go Kenny! Here's a great big hug!

Amazing, amazing, amazing.....you should be so proud...I know we are most certainly all very proud and very happy for you!

Jo

Vel Wed, Jul-30-03 04:13

Wow

Totally friggin amazing, Kenny!!!!!

Yah know, when you first joined the forum you seemed very determined and look at you now. That is just wonderful.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Tracy

MisterE Wed, Jul-30-03 04:33

Congratulations! :dazzle: :Party: :yay: :cheer: :clap:

lburnikell Wed, Jul-30-03 04:38

Kenny that is amazing!!
Bloody well done my frien Heidi weighs that much, so you have lost a person!! You might think its no big deal, and as small as Heidi is a bit you wouldnt like to carry her on your back for 24 hours!!
I had to have a gastric bypass to lose most of my weight I used to weigh 371 lbs I was a big girl!!
I didnt know about Atkins until now and often wonder if I did would I have needed the surgery ( I think deep down the answer is yes cause i have morbid obestiy, I was eating myself to death, now I cant eat like I used to, although mentally I would love too!) I still have to watch my weight cause I did gain and now through Atkins I am loosing and for the first time in my life i dont feel like full controlls me!!
But again well done you are an insperation to us all, so what is your next goal seeing how you have met your first one way before xmas!!

I think you are fantastic keep going!!

lburnikell Wed, Jul-30-03 04:39

kenny I have just realised you are from Scotland where about? I am orignaly from Edinburgh?? also seen your new mini goal of another 40lbs so forget my last question about it (dumb blonde mode again!!) lol

aneredac Wed, Jul-30-03 06:55

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Congratulation!
WOW is about all I can say.
You are an inspiration!

Rena

kidee Wed, Jul-30-03 07:14

Kenny - i am thoroughly impressed!! wooo hooooo:cheer: You are an inspiration for us all!!

carlab68 Wed, Jul-30-03 09:08

YEAH KENNY!!! 100 lbs since Jan?!?!? That is amazing. You are an inspiration. Better go read your journal and see how you did it!

irisda Wed, Jul-30-03 13:28

Congratulations Kenny! I know you feel awesome.

Your posts are always so inspiring. Keep up the good work Kenny.

melissasvh Wed, Jul-30-03 13:37

All I can say is wow. I am totally impressed and inspired by your success! I know that even after twenty pounds lost, I sometimes catching myself wondering where it went/not recognizing myself in the mirror. I can't imagine what it must be like to have lost more than 100 pounds.

Keep up the good work :)

harleydee Wed, Jul-30-03 15:53

OH WOW!!!!!!!! :dazzle: :Party: :dazzle: :Party:

Kenny, you are an inspiration to us all!! 100 lbs since Jan 2003?? How incredible is that!!!!????? :clap:

Keep it up!! :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :thup: :thup: :dazzle: :Party:

driso Wed, Jul-30-03 16:02

i cant believe it

you kick so much ass man, like a 100 pounds worth of ass, thats freakin awesome man.

pilkyd Wed, Jul-30-03 16:28

Congratulations kenny. I can see if i slow down, I will soon be passed by! It's really encouraging to see your success. You should be really proud of yourself. Keep going strong, we can do it.

liz175 Wed, Jul-30-03 19:33

Congratulations! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

saski Wed, Jul-30-03 21:40

Kenny! That is WONDERFUL!!!

tulips Thu, Jul-31-03 08:34

WTG Kenny!!!!!!! Your success is amazing!!!!!!

kenny Thu, Jul-31-03 14:33

To think that this all started with me getting angry and upset at some smart ass kids giving me verbal on the bus home from work one day. I was a fat B****** amongst other things.

Their arrogance and ignorance was the very catalyst to spark me into making a positive decision in my life to lose weight.

Look at me now, I am a winner,and I will be successful and reach my goal.

More importantly,I am happier than I have ever been.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone.They mean more to me than you can imagine

Kenny

jess0526 Thu, Jul-31-03 14:42

That is absoluetly wonderful! Keep up the great work. You are really an inspiration!
:dazzle:

kevidona Fri, Aug-01-03 07:32

Kenny - Great job!! Wow- that is the best news. We are proud of you. :yay: :yay: :yay:

tgill32177 Fri, Aug-01-03 08:57

Kenny,

WOWSERS!!! 100 lbs gone...KUDOS to you my friend.
You just gave my get up and go a kick in the pants! I started in Jan and have lost 66 lbs. (Course I let myself get off track many many times)
Look forward to seeing more success!
Tanya

Signey Fri, Aug-01-03 19:48

Hi Kenny,
How in the world have you lost this much since January?!? You are certainly doing something right! Wow! Your friends and family must be so proud of you. :) I know we all are!

Isn't it something the way those obnoxious lads have been such a positive motivator for you? They were just the right catalyst to set you off on this incredible, life altering journey. You saw them for what, maybe three minutes total? And they had this profound effect.

I'm just so impressed with your accomplishment. :clap:
It's just like everyone has said. :agree: You are an inspiration!

Signey :yay:

geo53562 Fri, Aug-01-03 21:57

I haven't spent a lot of time in this area...I didn't find it until I had "shrunk" to ineligibility. However, there are some achievements that deserve recognition from the entire world, and this is one of them.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. I have no doubt that you will pursue and reach your next goal with equal tenacity. Well done!

60sChild Fri, Aug-01-03 22:02

ALRIGHT, KENNY!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the faith!!!

S

Just Me Sun, Aug-03-03 19:04

Way to go kenny! Here's some flowers for you, you deserve them!

I only have 14 more pounds to go to my 'original' goal weight, but the closer I reach it, the more I keep setting the goal lower. Now I'm aiming for another 10 below that.

I know with me, that just walking around was so much easier with losing that much weight! One day I broke out in a run ... and the exhilaration at being able to run without bouncing everywhere was WONDERFUL. Now I'm running regularly and loving it like I used to.

Continued success to you, as you're already in the mind set, I'm sure it'll be no problem. :thup: