Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Oh No! HELP! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121209)

katgurl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:20

Oh No! HELP!

Oh my...I lost my will for a moment and ate a whole cup of cherry vanilla ice cream! (My boyfriend got a quart for himself and I spied it while having a big PMS craving!)

What should I do? In the past, I have made myself sick, and I REFUSE to ever do that again...what should I do to counteract it? Drink lots of water? Work out in a little bit? (If I work out right now, I am sure I will feel sick, as I feel sick already from eating it!)

EEEP! :cry:

lkonzelman Tue, Jul-08-03 14:23

Eat something fatening ... you are allowed to eat WHENEVER hungry. Just something low carb.

It is hard and we all make higher carb choices now and again. Just remember you can do this.

Now go and eat something good for you.

katgurl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:24

But I ALREADY AT THE ICE CREAM :(

lkonzelman Tue, Jul-08-03 14:25

Carbs cause carb cravings... if you aren't full you need to eat.

Tracy916 Tue, Jul-08-03 14:25

You can't really counter the damage. Don't be so hard on yourself. You slipped, you know it and you will be better in the future. You may feel some ill effects from the sugar. I get a nasty headache from sugar now that I am living sugar free. I have had some twice since January and I didn't really enjoy it. It's a good learning experience. Next time that ice cream won't be so tempting. :nono:

Yes - drink water. Yes - increase your activity level. But this is just to work off the extra calories. To get back into ketosis just takes time, and the right food.

katgurl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:25

I know, I know. What I am saying is...what should I do now that I ate the carby ice cream?

katgurl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:27

Yes, luckily I get back into ketosis quickly if I cheat...
ANd yeah, I hope that this DOES turn me off the that damn ice cream.

If it wasn't in the house, I wouldn';t have eaten it ;(

RedheadFl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:27

Katgurl,
Throw the ice cream away and ask your BF not to bring it home anymore.

katgurl Tue, Jul-08-03 14:27

RedHead...I am definately going to do that!

cetacean Tue, Jul-08-03 15:01

don't be so hard on yourself. just grin and bear it. and get back on that wagon. you will be fine. :)

Doitnow Wed, Jul-09-03 17:52

Progress, not perfection

When you slip, it is important to forgive yourself and move on.

Unclewayne Thu, Jul-10-03 18:51

Ditto! The beauty of the LC way of eating is that you can "slip" or indulge or cheat and as soon as the carbs and the insulin and all that even out you are right back on track. My neighbor brought home made ice cream tonight. Did I say "None for me, thanks" ?? No I did not! I was polite and had some!

aimie Thu, Jul-10-03 19:22

icecream is my main down fall. when i went on this wol i ate no carbs all day and then every night i ate a bowl of icecream and still lost 15lbs very quickly.

i tried it this last time and it did not work the same way.

since may 29 i have had no icecream and no cheats. i bought some la carb icecream and it is so good just like regular. i think it has stalled me so i wont eat anymore.

tonight i fixed my hubby some gingerbread icecream and took 3 bites. the lacarb products only bring on bigger cravings. i feel ok though because ive only had about 20carbs today and thats guess figuring in the bites of icecream.

we have to be strong and resist temptation. we can do it!

*sugar is the devil
*lacarb products are the devil in discuise

SandraDee Thu, Jul-10-03 19:56

Aime,
I'm still trying to find the LeCarb ice cream. Where do you buy it. Thanks.
SandraDee

aimie Fri, Jul-11-03 11:04

i buy it at walmart $2 pint. i am not getting any more for a while. i think it has stalled me. the whole pint has 24 carbs, there are different flavors and it tastes real. it is good the vanilla is a little bit like vanilla pudding.

SandraDee Fri, Jul-11-03 19:27

Thanks Aimie...my Walmarts around here are just starting to install the refrigerator/freezer section..oh well I guess I will have to wait.
Take care,
SandraDee

Drum Lady Sun, Jul-13-03 09:02

I find that relaxing about the diet is the best way to do it. Most of the time I adhere to the diet strickly, and I am very happy with it.

I do have a desire for sweets from time to time, and I do not hesitate to use one of the low-carb substitutes, especially those little caramel bites that taste better than Kraft caramel. I also enjoy low carb ice cream from time to time. When I do, however, I use only the one portion. I don't binge on the low-carb.

And I keep losing weight - 32 pounds in three months and a half.

I make a conscious effort to move more if I've eaten more carbs than usually.

To me, the key is to keep low-carb substitutes around (even a low-carb chocolate bar in my purse at all time). When temptation presents itself, I have an alternative, and it makes it easier to pass on the heavy carbs.

Before you open your mouth to dump the carbs in your body, think of your goal. But if you make a bad choice one day - like you did the other day - don't kill yourself inwardly for it. It is all part of it.

Before low-carb diets, you deprived yourself and didn't shed an ounce. Now you can enjoy the diet, and once in a while, you goof. So what... be happy... that is the magic of this diet... stress free and still sheeding the pounds!

It is a real miracle... Enjoy its blessing!

Good luck,

Drum Lady

SandraDee Mon, Jul-14-03 19:49

You are so right Drum Lady. This diet really is stress free. I wasn't loving it in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it, it is really easy and enjoyable like you said. Keep up the good work!
SandraDee