Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   **LC Lunch Saturday 7th February at Cafe Rouge, Victoria, London ** (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=154613)

LittleAnne Fri, Dec-19-03 06:03

**LC Lunch Saturday 7th February at Cafe Rouge, Victoria, London **

Our third London get together is set for Saturday 7th February 2004. We are going to eat at the Cafe Rouge, upstairs in Victoria Place.

Meet at 12 30 - 12 45 in order to eat at 1 pm.

I aim to book a table in advance this time and so at the start of February I am going to ask all those attending to either put their name down in this thread or to PM me if they don't want to make it public.

Those of us who attended the last meal on 6 December really liked the Cafe Rouge, which is why we are going back there. In addition, those there have got a voucher for a free starter, which may also mean than 2 people per voucher can get this, but need to check this out again nearer the time. Should reduce the cost a bit.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

AFwife Fri, Dec-19-03 06:07

WHOO HOO another get together, and I'm hoping to make it to this one. Keep us updated please.

Lily :)

kadjax Fri, Dec-19-03 07:03

:Party: yep..i'll be there.......kad

Katy131 Fri, Dec-19-03 09:44

I'd like to come too!! :yay:

But where is Victoria Place? Near which tube? What's the plan for after lunch? Just home again? Or some other excursion? Did you expect the Spanish Inquisition? :lol:

LittleAnne Fri, Dec-19-03 11:41

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!!

Victoria Place is the shopping mall above Victoria Station, so that is the nearest tube as well.

Last time we found we had finished eating around 3 to 3 30 pm and then we adjourned to the pub next door for coffee/water/SF drinks etc. People then left as they wanted to and we finally broke up around 5 30 pm.

I've not thought to go on to do anything later. Open to ideas. Can you combine the event with a visit to another friend in London? That is what Dolli did last time when she came down from near Blackburn.

SylviaUK Fri, Dec-19-03 17:10

I'm in :D

And reading the small print carefully, it does indeed seem that each voucher is valid for a free starter for two people, so with any luck we should be able to ensure that no-one has to pay for the to-die-for mushrooms ;)

lissa uk Sun, Dec-21-03 05:48

count me in - date added into my new diary !!!!! :)

lisa x

Meggen Sat, Dec-27-03 13:59

Count me in! Sound like fun :yay:

SylviaUK Fri, Jan-09-04 04:57

I just wondered if anyone who came last time isn't able to make it this time? :( If so, would you be prepared to send your voucher so it can be used to cover those who don't have them? Each voucher gives a free starter for two people, and it would be great if everyone was able to take advantage of this.

Sinbad Fri, Jan-09-04 05:32

Count me in too :)

LittleAnne Fri, Jan-09-04 06:59

I actually dined there last week and managed to pick up 2 more vouchers Sylvia. I now have 4 in my purse, including Sinbad's.

Tortie Sun, Jan-11-04 13:02

I can't wait for the next gathering - to meeting up again with those who came last time and making new friends too. I have my voucher still.

SylviaUK Mon, Jan-12-04 09:59

That's great Anne :yay: So there'll be more than enough for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAnne
I actually dined there last week and managed to pick up 2 more vouchers Sylvia. I now have 4 in my purse, including Sinbad's.

Dawn Renee Tue, Jan-13-04 06:50

I would like to come as well, and have a chance to meet everyone!

Dawn

Sinbad Tue, Jan-13-04 07:28

Welcome! Always great to meet more people!!! :)

Katy131 Tue, Jan-13-04 10:54

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Renee
I would like to come as well, and have a chance to meet everyone!

Dawn

I'll be meeting everyone for the first time too, so we can be new together! Looking forward to it! :yay:

tholian8 Sat, Jan-17-04 14:53

I'm hoping to be able to make it, too. Can't speak for Gez (Suleika) but I'll try to talk her into it.

Emily

LittleAnne Sun, Jan-18-04 02:05

Hi Emily, would be great if you could make it.

fine Fri, Jan-23-04 05:07

Hi Anne, I am trying to work on it.... shifts an' all but I'm trying..... hopefully Leigh can come too, I'll ring her.....
take care Fi x

AFwife Mon, Jan-26-04 06:57

Ok I'm there Anne. Can't wait to finally meet you all in person. What's the price range there. I've never been and there's 4 of us going. Yup the whole family, DH and kids. :yay:
What will you all be wearing in case I can't find ya'll. I'm not good with faces. I've seen most of you in pictures in the forum but it's different sometimes in person.

I'll be wearing black pants and shoes, with a blueish long medieval sleeved shirt. I wear glasses small framed and I have middle back length brown hair. I'll have it half up half down that day.

My DH is tall and very white. :lol: and you'll know him best by his military style haircut. Joining us will be our two boys, one 10 and the other almost 2. The little one will be in a blue Scooby Doo sweater. It's his favorite! :)

Well hope I find you all. Can't wait.

Hugs,

lissa uk Mon, Jan-26-04 11:11

Hi

wasnt sure if I would be able to make it, but ive changed my planned so that I can be definately there this time. Looking forward to meeting everyone again !

Lisa x

LMK Mon, Jan-26-04 11:13

Hi Anne -

I'm looking into whether DH and I can make it up to London. I SO want to go, and DH does, too! I'll try to let you know what's what ASAP.

Hope you're doing good!
-Lona

Rasputin Mon, Jan-26-04 13:24

I'm there. For real this time - no hangovers to hold me back. *sheepish grin*

nitwit Wed, Jan-28-04 13:51

Put me down as well!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

Lindy

twiglet Wed, Jan-28-04 15:22

well its about time i got on this page!!! I will be there, and really looking forward to meeting you lot!! wow huge response Anne!
Just read through and I was wondering about the kids! are they invited??? coz if so it would be cool to take my two to meet others, its not a problem if they are not coz my hubby is here all day! and wots a DH is it a DEAR HUBBY LOL??????? please tell me, its bugging me. I'm sure I have one though!!!!
see you all on the 7th - and I am going to pinch my sons digital camera!!!! he is Matt and he is 13 and I have Bex who is 9, and they are very well behaved and also love scooby!!!

SylviaUK Wed, Jan-28-04 17:11

Looking forward to meeting you too :D

You asked about the price range. If we follow the precedent set last time, we will all pay individually for what we have. In December my bill for two courses plus water and wine came to around £20. This time, however, we have vouchers for free starters, so I would estimate it as nearer to £15. And if you don't drink wine, and the children don't eat two courses, then it will certainly be less ;)

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
Ok I'm there Anne. Can't wait to finally meet you all in person. What's the price range there. I've never been and there's 4 of us going. Yup the whole family, DH and kids. :yay:
Well hope I find you all. Can't wait.
Hugs,

AFwife Thu, Jan-29-04 05:26

Hello everyone,

I posted a photo of my outfit for the 7th. I thought this way I'd be spotted faster by one of you in case I can't find ya'll, so just holler at me ok if you spot me.

Can't wait to meet everyone. So excited.

Hugs,

Tortie Thu, Jan-29-04 06:41

Twigs - I don't have one but I think DH is Darling Husband (DS Darling Son etc etc). Lily is bring her DH, DS and DD so why don't you bring your Ds as well and they can meet each other. Lona is thinking about bringing her DH so your DH needn't feel lonely - and you won't have to do the journey alone. As long as you promise your Ds won't force feed us carbs or wave chips temptingly under our noses!!

twiglet Thu, Jan-29-04 16:18

lol~tortie

I will bring the DS & DD then, but not the DH, he will be at footy!! but I reckon we should all do the dun thing and wear a red carnation in our lapel!!!!! or a flower anyway...wot u all reckon???????????? even if its a dasiy or a weed from the garden!! perhaps we could just carry our LC books in our hands...lol (& a box of chockies in other)............my DH is a Darling, he would never encourage me or anyone else to eat carbs whilst on this WOL, so don't panic.........how do you think I lost 29lbs???? lol
see ya all soon esp my mate tortie xx
twigs xx

tholian8 Fri, Jan-30-04 11:10

Gez and I are definitely coming.

Looks like we might take over the whole restaurant! :lol:

Emily