Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How long did you stay on induction? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144293)

halo_slips Wed, Oct-22-03 04:13

How long did you stay on induction?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering how long you all stayed on induction, or if you are still onit, how long you have been following it for? I have been following induction for the past 6 weeks, although this week I added a few macadamia nuts to get my calorie intake up. I can't see myself leaving induction for a while yet either...
What do you guys think?
Love love love!
Halo

Plagiomom Wed, Oct-22-03 04:19

I've been on induction level for almost 9 weeks - I plan on staying here for as long as I am not bored with the foods, or until I get down to a more comfortable weight. :)

~Jaya

MamaSara6 Wed, Oct-22-03 04:21

I don't see myself leaving induction for a long time--unless I get bored. I've only lost 3-4 lbs. in 2 weeks time. I'm afraid it will slow to an intolerable level if I stop!

MaryToU Wed, Oct-22-03 05:49

I have stayed around 20 carbs this whole time. The only thing is I added the extra foods, nuts, treats and such. Now 8 months later I automatically eat around 20 carbs without even thinking about it.

whyspers Wed, Oct-22-03 06:25

I've stayed at Induction levels the whole time, but I did add in macadamias and on a rare occassion strawberries and blackberries. I also will eat lc icecream every now and then and SF chocolates. I can't call it induction really because of these extras, but I do stay below 20 carbs. I am at a point where I need to start upping them somewhat so I can learn my CCLL and CCLM. Since I'm not sure I'm stopping at 155, though...and since I keep falling off the wagon, I'm not quite ready to do that.

L

fishie48 Wed, Oct-22-03 06:34

I stayed on induction for about 6 weeks and then added berries and nuts. Also eat low carb chocolate. I eat around 25 carbs a day.

Maamel Wed, Oct-22-03 07:30

I've been on induction (or around 20 grams) for six months and three days. Somehow I can't seem to consume more than 20 grams, although in the last three days I've gone up to around 22.5. I am losing very slowly now and can't seem to talk myself into OWL so I hover between Induction and OWL. I did start with the nuts and berries last month (getting addictive) so that could explain the slow down. I did find however that upping my exercise routine seems to have triggered faster fat burning as I lost 1lb last week as opposed to half a lb in previous weeks! Dr Atkin did say that you could stay on Induction up to about six months, I think.

skibunnie Wed, Oct-22-03 07:33

I stayed on induction for around the first 6 weeks. I am now currently back on induction, and I already feel better. The only thing I do that isnt allowed on induction, is that I use salsa in my eggs in the morning. Any if Im in a huge hurry, I'll melt some cheese and add a tiny bit of salsa to it. I feel alot better now that Im not drinking slender soy, hopefully I can drink again at some point. Im not sure what I was eating wrong, but I was getting terrible food cravings, I feel like those are back under control again, which is a nice feeling.

filmlass23 Wed, Oct-22-03 07:40

I am pretty much doing the same thing as fishie... I introduced peanuts, a tiny peanut butter, cream, occasional LC chocolate and Le Carb ice cream, and the very very occasional strawberry about two weeks ago at week 6ish... my issue is boredom. I like variety!!

solamander Wed, Oct-22-03 07:45

I have been on induction since I started 4/12 months ago. In the past month I've added LC tortillas, LC Ice Cream and some Macadamias. Still try to stay at 20 carbs but sometimes I go up to 25

Hilary M Wed, Oct-22-03 07:50

Like many here, I stay around 20-25 carbs a day but have added things like low-carb tortillas and bread, occasional low-carb ice cream or chocolate, some berries, nuts, etc. I found it was difficult to get anywhere near 20 carbs per day without these things.

I started low-carbing on June 2, and plan to continue at 20-25 a day until I am about 30 pounds from goal, at which point I'll start upping them in a long OWL/pre-maintenance experiment. For now, my weight loss averages about a pound or two a week and I don't want to slow that down until I'm closer to goal.

Mr.Mel Wed, Oct-22-03 09:45

Been at 20 carbs a day since May 27th, but technically I guess I'm not doing Induction any more cause I have added a few nuts and a slice of lo-carb bread now and then but I can't seem to go any lower than 20 carbs a day or I don't lose.

halo_slips Thu, Oct-23-03 01:36

Thanks for all you responses. I don't see myself leaving induction for quite a while either (despite family pressure). It's great to be free from cravings. PLus, I think my weightloss would really, really slow down if I stopped. Maybe once I add in more exercise, then I'll be able to move to OWL.

cab Thu, Oct-23-03 05:17

Until I reach my goal....

TES Thu, Oct-23-03 06:45

I stayed at induction level until I reached my goal which took about 10 months.
Now I am working through the rest of the program over the next several months and intend to stabilize at about 10 pounds under my original goal. I have been very strict until now and am enjoying the additional carbs and food choices. It has been well worth the wait and I would recommend staying on induction as long as possible.
Best wishes,
T.

black57 Thu, Oct-23-03 06:56

I have not wanfered too far from induction. I do not count carbs like I used to but I know that they are about 25 to 35/day. I keep each meal down to 7-10 grams per day. It feels pretty good. I am not losing very fast but I am losing and I am getting complements on my weight loss. I am almost at my goal weight however, I have changed my goal from 130 lbs to 125 lbs. I think a little exercise will get me there and I will be joining Curves when it opens down the street from me.

Black57

passbud Thu, Oct-23-03 10:20

I have ben on induction amounts for 7 months now, the first two weeks I followed very strict as to food I could ingest, but have added in things such as nuts and berries. I plan on staying to these amounts until I lose the other 100 I need to

MyJourney Thu, Oct-23-03 12:01

I plan on staying on induction till around 150 or so. My goal is 130

LilaCotton Thu, Oct-23-03 12:27

I stayed on Induction for the two-week period, then went off so I could add more variety into my foods (nuts, berries, a little low-carb cereal).

Today, I CAN move up to 30 carbs but I plan on staying at between 20-30 carbs a day until I get a lot closer to my goal weight.

korry1977 Thu, Oct-23-03 13:03

I have been on induction since 9/3/2003.... and feeling good about it.... started some cardio work and seem ok with it on induction... Once I get down to near 5 lbs of my goal weight then I will up the carbs slowly...