Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New Month Sept 1st challenge. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134291)

thenewme Mon, Sep-01-03 00:27

New Month Sept 1st challenge.

Hi Guys.... who wants to do this with me. Its September 1st and I am wanting to lose 10 pounds this month. We can do this together just tell us your start weight and everyday get on here and get encouragement and support from each other... and if we stick to it.. by the end of the month we should be 10 pounds lighter or close to it.... I know I am going to do it.. Oct 1st well all celebrate... our jeans will be baggier and our clothes fit better not to mention our self esteem. If you get discouraged just log on and read what we have to say... get encouragement from each other.. we have to live this month so lets lose some weight while were at it. We can do it. :agree:

Sept 1.... 124 pounds.

soon2bthin Mon, Sep-01-03 07:11

I am interested in doing this with you. I have considerabley more than 10 lbs to lose but 10lbs seems like a good mini goal for me.

Sept 1...........201.2 pounds

liddle Mon, Sep-01-03 07:27

Ok! I'm in! I don't know that I'll be able to loose 10 pounds in a month but I sure could use the encouragement to stay on the lc wagon! I had fallen off the wagon last month and it took 3 weeks for me to get back to were I started! Today my weight is 139.5 lbs. I usually weigh in everyday but because I always screw it up when I get down to this weight I am going to try to only weigh in once a week. I will still take measurements but that's it! I am going on vacation to the Dominican Republic in 5 1/2 weeks and would LOVE to be 10 pounds lighter. I am doing everything I can including exercising! This thread will be just what I need to keep me going! :yay:

Later,
Heather

TTamzig Mon, Sep-01-03 13:49

I'm in to! Just found this sight today need to be accountable. Would love to loose 10 this month! :angel:

Tammi

Tracy213 Mon, Sep-01-03 14:52

Count me in!

I'm new to the whole LC'ing WOL, but so far in my first week, I'm down 6lbs. Woooooohoooooo!! :Party: Long way to go yet...but I WILL get there! 10 lbs this month is a great mini goal. :thup:

Tracy

Sept. 1..............207

thenewme Mon, Sep-01-03 15:58

GREAT!! I am thrilled that we are doing this together. Today is our first day and remember to start your day with drinking lots of water... water cleanses our body. Commit to drinking 8 8oz glasses of water each day.. what I usually do is carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go. Also what is half an hour a day for you... try to start today with doing some type of exercise for 30 minutes .. whether its as simple as walking your dog... vacumming, or just really exercising. We will increase our exercise to an hour later but now just start with 30 minutes a day.... unless your like me and already do an hour then stick to that. I am so excited. Talk to you guys tommorow..

Ratchet Mon, Sep-01-03 17:42

Count me in. Just found this site on sept first and I started Atkin's again today. I need a buddy to keep me motivated and going on this. Good luck to us all!!!

becky160 Mon, Sep-01-03 18:29

I´m in!

Hi! as well as Tracy123, I am new on the LC. Count on me. Can´t wait to get rid of this fat!!

weight today 233
goal weight 160

mdklimesh Mon, Sep-01-03 18:39

I'm in! Would love to be down 10 more pounds by the end of the month and doing it together will be great.

Sept. 1 ---- 163lbs

Dstar96920 Mon, Sep-01-03 19:36

Me too! I just made it through 25 minutes of my new Firm video. My legs are still s h a k i n g!!! I love this forum. Lots of great advice. 10 pounds this month is doable! Good luck to all!

smurf Tue, Sep-02-03 01:54

I am one day late but I am in, I need something to get me re-motivated, so here it is.... I am off to excercise!!!
Are we weighing in once a week or everyday??
Good luck to everybody..... bye bye to 10lbs. :yay:

judi :)

Sept. 2nd........ 143

Charlif761 Tue, Sep-02-03 05:07

OK. I am in!!! Iam a day late, but still have my dollar! hehehe. I plan on losing mORE than 10 pounds...but even an elephant has to be eaten in mouthsized bites! Let's go girls!

Charlotte

alighterme Tue, Sep-02-03 08:48

Count me in!

I would like to lose 10 lbs by Oct 1st. My start weight on 9/1 was 218...so, I would like to be 208 by Oct 1st. See you all tomorrow.

fishburg Tue, Sep-02-03 09:25

I am in!!!

10 or more pounds in September!!!!

Today still steady at 250 lbs! Septermber 30 - 240 lbs or less!!!

Good Luck All!!!!

Ratchet Tue, Sep-02-03 09:41

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have any good advice on the water? I can't stomach drinking water and have to force myself. I'm a diet coke addict and have cut down to 2 a day. How bout iced tea? I know atkin's says no caffeine but I'm a nurse who works nights. I'll end up killing someone without any caffeine to keep me awake while i'm working... Good luck to all

barbie333 Tue, Sep-02-03 10:22

Count me in on this one too! My official re-start date was Sept2nd - so I think that I still qualify. My first hurdle is 10lbs hopefully this month...and then off to jump more hopefully!
My day has started well...and I am down one litre of water, great low carb brekkie and now munching on cheese squares before lunch.
Talk to everyone soon!!!
**oh - and can I confirm if we are weighing in daily or weekly?**

TTamzig Tue, Sep-02-03 10:44

I love the crystal lite beverages or sugar free tang. It breaks up all that water!
:yay:
Good Luck!

Tammi

thenewme Tue, Sep-02-03 11:50

Hi Guys... welcome new people too. I am so excited about this.. I did really well yesterday and today I am doing good thus far. Did my daily run.. I ran 4 miles today... and did 200 situps. I also started lifting weights a couple of weeks ago.. so I am still doing that. I was thinking since we started this yesterday on Monday we should weigh in every single Monday till 1 Oct. Besides that day falls on a Wednesday so that Wednesday will be our last weigh in. I am excited to see how my jeans will fit then. Maybe I will need a new size... whooohoo.... oh the water thing .. I also drink occasionally the crystal lite drinks too.. but my favorite drink is homeade lemonade with a little nutrasweet. And of course I am bottled water drinker. I splurge on bottled water because that keeps me drinking it. How are u guys doing. Let us all know ... were here for each other. Cant wait till the end of the month.... well all be 10 or so pounds lighter...Talk to u guys tommorow.

smurf Tue, Sep-02-03 14:08

hi,
just checking in, having trouble getting motivated.... i am going to gym tomorrow (i have a broken toe, but no longer care!) and full blown induction... it is the only way i am going to be able to do this challenge as i have fallen totally off track
i hope everyone is doing great!!!!!!!

cheers,
judi :)

Mick Tue, Sep-02-03 14:35

count me in....

:wiggle:

I would like to join the challenge I could do with the support....

Started walking the dog for 2 miles really enjoying it..

Mick..

TamiOrr Tue, Sep-02-03 14:47

Count me in too!

I'm aiming for 200 by Oct 1....that's 11.5 pounds. Can I do it? YES I CAN!

:Party:

danette65 Tue, Sep-02-03 14:52

just what I need!!!!!

This sounds great! I've been on and off again for a month. Just can't seem to get the motivation together this time. This might be just what I need. I won't weigh until the am, and I will post after that. Good luck to everyone!! :roll:

soon2bthin Tue, Sep-02-03 18:32

well, this is day 1 for me as well and I did great. I didn't get in any exercise as I had planned. All of the first day of school hoopla took over and I found myself pressed for time. < I find that if I don't get a workout in in the AM. I won't do it> I drank about 106 Oz of water and am running to the bathroom every other minute. I did have 2 pieces of trident gum <with aspartame> but other than that I did fine and am looking forward to tomorrow. I hope my meals <extremely unplanned , I'm a strictly look , grab, and go type of gal> don't get monotonous. hope everyone else did great.

S2BT

stacysheil Tue, Sep-02-03 18:39

sept. 1...........175
I am gonna try to lose the 10 lbs. but it will be hard. My weight has been coming off slow. I guess my body is in the adjustment period. I weighed 187 on June 10th so I am losing an average of only 4 pounds a month, which is pretty good since I have had 2 major cheats and had to lose most of it all over again.
Good luck to you all, I look forward to losing 10 pounds with you.

becky160 Tue, Sep-02-03 19:03

I¸m Two Pounds Down!

I Wighted Myself Today, And I Am Now At 231. But Still Feel The Need For Sweets! It`s Hard As I Consider Myself A Carb Addict...need To Get Rid Of This Ugly Addiction...any Advice?

233/231/223 By Oct 1st

Xxooo

Becky

TTamzig Tue, Sep-02-03 19:50

Made it through the day! It's the evening time I find the hardest. Hope everyone had a great day!

God's Blessings,

Tammi

thenewme Wed, Sep-03-03 13:14

Hi everyone... today is our third day... how is everyone doing. I did one hour of exercise today. I feel great and know I will make a difference on Monday when we all weigh in.. feel free to post suggestions or things you have been doing to stay focused. Remember its up to you to make a difference in your life. Becky160 as far as sweets go... dont know if you like fruit.. but sometimes I blend different fruits in a blender with a little splenda or nutra sweet and some frozen nonfat vanilla yogurt.. that is soooooo good. That will take care of any sweet tooth. Not too high in carbs... and lot fat. Also Ttamzig I find the evening the hardest too and I must tell you knowing that I save most of my calories for the evening time... like a harvard doctor once told me when I was 187 pounds... its not the time of day you eat your calories...your body will take what you need and either burn or store the rest as fat if you overeat. (I also read that in one of Oprahs magazines)..however they did emphasize that breakfast is the most important meal of the day... I always eat a moderate breakfast.. a very light lunch.. and usually a nice dinner... (most of my calories go for my dinner and my evening snacks) ... I also read thats why some people would fail cus they would eat all there calorie intake thru out the day and at night they would get hungry and eat (causing them to gain weight).... so people like me who love to eat at night they recommended this approach... some people might dispute that but it worked for me... talk to you guys tommorow... stay focused you will be so glad you did. Drink your water!! 10 lbs leaner in a month.

nettie155 Wed, Sep-03-03 14:07

I'd like to join in! Ten pounds sounds awsome, I'll have to get through a few birthday celebrations this month, so this will be great motivation!

Start weight - 192

stacysheil Wed, Sep-03-03 14:20

I think this challenge and the pedometer challenge has made me work harder. I need to lose 10lbs. and I need to get in at least 10000 steps so I wont let either group down.

I have never tried the crystal light. Im not sure if I want to because I might like it and I am doing fine just drinking water. I dont get bored with it because seems like I am always thirsty.

What kind of yogurt do you guys buy because the kind my DH buys is too high in carbs forme to eat.

I weigh every morning and every night, but I wont post unless it changes until Monday. I cant wait to see how everyone does. I have found a pattern in weighing this way. I always weigh 6 pounds more in the evening, every evening than I do in the morning so I know if my evening weight is down then it will be down in the morning too.

Good luck to you all and like "thenewme" says. Be sure to drink your water and flush all the bad stuff out.

wiggles Wed, Sep-03-03 15:09

I'd love to be doing this one with you guys! I'm on week 3.

Sept 1st weigh in: 195